Preparing for College/Upper School Auditions

Katymac

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame. I'm sure she will be ok and get some offers and hopefully a dada, my dd said exactly the same about the other girls being so good there is some amazing talent out there. The good thing is that she has liked all the colleges that she has been to so far so would be quite happy to go to any of them rather than have one favourite.

• Like 1

Every school seems to look for something different in its students and the process can vary at each place too.  Best not to dwell on an audition afterwards or read anything into anything as you can drive yourself crazy with all the analysing.  View each one as a positive learning experience and hope for a positive outcome but as you say the reality is there are a lot of applicants for each place and the majority of successful applicants probably still get more no's than yesses.  I hope you do get some offers before Christmas so that you can relax for a while.  But yes you are in for the long haul as it will be months before DADAs are offered and places finally sorted.

• Like 3

Rejection letter 1 has arrived. oh dear.  DD has also applied to the local college for BTec level 3 KatyMac...as a 'back up' she says.  So, accepted by one with no funding currently, rejected by one.....4 more to go.  How to keep her spirits up?? She's also got mocks at school so is feeling the pressure....poor lovely. I feel so helpless!

• Like 1

I'm keeping my hopes firmly down; I'd quite like to keep her for another year or two

DD is not hopeful either and tbh I am kind of encouraging that.  "Expect the worst & hope for the best" is the way to go I think

Anyway - a day at work tomorrow then we are off again at 5!!

She has had 2 offers

One from the local level 3 6th form college (auditioned today)

The other is a pre-voc from performers (which we probably can't afford)

So we have both cheered up a bit as there is now a nice safe (if extremely difficult to get to) option

<Phew>

• Like 17

LinMM I have done (almost) that....not being very computer literate I haven't done a spreadsheet as such but have drawn a very colourful chart with the schools/colleges etc in one colour, the length of course and qualification offered in another ,  dates of audition in another and the result in another. It is very bright. 2 offers and one rejection so far.

Rejection letter 1 has arrived. oh dear.  DD has also applied to the local college for BTec level 3 KatyMac...as a 'back up' she says.  So, accepted by one with no funding currently, rejected by one.....4 more to go.  How to keep her spirits up?? She's also got mocks at school so is feeling the pressure....poor lovely. I feel so helpless!

So sorry to hear this... Best of luck with any future auditions ;)

Cx

• Like 2

That's very good, we keep thinking about that for dd but the chances of getting funding are very slim as they told me they only offer 4 scholarships so not sure we could fund it and the cost of living in London and then after the two years she would have to go to another three year course!!!!!

She still loved it - she goes thier every Sunday anyway & really likes it plus we'd have accomodation sorted if she went here

It's the comments on her audition - the man interviewing her said "did you not do Jazz?"  DD said "yes I loved it" (or something like that) & he said "oh it seems to be missed, I'm sure it'll turn up"

Which worried her

& worries me!

I'm sure they will realise something isn't right when they do the scoring at the end of the day.

How did she find the audition my dd has heard that it's really hard and they teach the jazz very quickly, not a lot of the girls that she has spoken to liked it there for some reason