Preparing for College/Upper School Auditions

Katymac

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arts Ed Sixth form BTEC level 3 in either Dance or MT & 2 A levels or 4 A levels - it's fee paying

BTEC level3 is the same academic level as A level - the trinity guldhall level 6 (or 5 Ithink) is the qualification the DADAs are attached too and equivilent to 2nd year degree (I think)

Obviously Arts Ed offer both one at 16 & one at 18

Edited to add

She's applied for 2 level 3s as a 'backup' (in her mind) this & Brit

Edited by Katymac
  • Like 1

Sounds like the tring musical theatre course, although I think that one you can get a dada if you are eligible. It's a nightmare knowing what's the best thing for our children to do isn't it, a course like that or a three year diploma at somewhere like laine, bird etc

Edited by Dance2013

As Katymac says the musical theatre course at Tring is a Trinity diploma course, level 6, eligible for DADA and the same qualification offered by Hammond, Laines, Bird etc.  The diploma is available for both Musical Theatre or Dance, depending on the college/school.  Those doing classical ballet or dance  at Elmhurst, Northern Ballet, English National Ballet School, Hammond and Tringare also doing the Trinity level 6 diploma course.  It is a 3 year vocational degree so higher education.  Students can start the higher education course at 16 rather than 18 because of the dance element part of the training.  Some schools offer a BA Honours Degree instead of the diploma.

Students who do not get into a school at 16 for the diploma or BA Honours degree have a number of options including:

A levels at their normal school or college with local dance training

BTECH in dance or performing arts at 6th form college - local or otherwise

If these students still want to study dance or musical theatre at 18, then they would be applying for the level 6 diplomas or BA Hons degrees at 18 after completing their BTECH (vocational equivalent to 2/3 A levels)

Obviously there are variables

• Like 1

Oh don't say that - I didn't realise there would be recalls until quite recently!!

She over slept this morning & I didn't wake her for school!! she went in for about 10:30;I felt so guilty!

We had a moment yesterday: DD was at the audition in London, at the end of the day a teacher asked if she was being collected. DD said "no".
The teacher asked if she were going home my herself & where is 'home'? DD said "yes, I'm going to Norfolk"
The teacher said "oh" & DD says she looked a bit shocked!

For DD to have noticed the poor teacher must have been completely floored; esp when DD added 'I haven't been home since Thursday!'

Although how they expect children to cope living away from home next September if they can't get to an audition by themselves I don't know

• Like 5

They have cancelled one of her auditions

I can't get a refund on the train tickets or hotel as I bought budget ones & apparently I can use them (plus my days leave) to go 'Christmas Shopping' apparently!! :(:angry::huh:

Which would be nice if I could afford Christmas shopping but tbh I've spent all my spare cash on &*%$*# auditions (& train fares & hotels) :(

I think I'm a bit cross