Preparing for College/Upper School Auditions

Katymac

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

& I'll have trouble getting time off next term as everyone covered all my A/L this term (not sure I have any left :wacko: )

& DD can't be off school next term (they were really nice but time off needs to be this term as it's getting close to exams now)

Apparently it's unavoidable & they would rather she came another day next week - but the days they have she has another audition. They have offered 3 dates in Jan or our money (for the audition) back; my dad thinks we should wait & see what happens in a few weeks and only go back if dd gets no offers

I'm not sure what to do tbh <confused>

Actually that's a really good idea Ellie, I'll ask if we can visit - DD can get a feel for the place.  Then we can do something else in London that afternoon before I come home.  She is staying in London because she has another one the next day but doesn't want me to come to that one.

That way school will be OK about a 'second' visit & the time off on that original day (in my mind anyway!)

• Like 2

I'm sure they havent cancelled without good thought, as frustrating as it is, it happens, in the same way you could have an audition and flights get cancelled and you miss the audition - just another of lifes little challenges ;-).

Perhaps its an indication of the schools administrative capabilities and maybe it isnt one which would suit you anyway - treat it as an early warning and take the audition refund!

Things will work out I'm sure.

• Like 1

I'm sure they havent cancelled without good thought, as frustrating as it is, it happens, in the same way you could have an audition and flights get cancelled and you miss the audition - just another of lifes little challenges ;-).

Or booking flights and hotels/hostels to go to do company class in a company so the Artistic Director can watch you, to find the AD's not there on the day.....

Or, despite them inviting you for company audition, having seen your CV, you get there and they throw out everyone under a certain height after barre....

• Like 5

Actually, we were very fortunate that they didn't happen to us as ds got a job quickly - but we've seen it happen to plenty on numerous occasions.  Character building maybe, but waste of money, certainly.

• Like 3

It gets worse and very serious, they do have to be extremely tough but still need to keep a sense of normality. I think the ballet world is one of the toughest worlds to be a part off. Us parents become observers and very good listeners xxx

The one from Friday we aren't really expecting an offer & on Monday they said it would be January (as they were going on holiday)

Off in an hour (by car) for tomorrows - 8:30 am start & cuts tomorrow

Then home for Grade 6

Then train for Monday, Tuesday, home Tuesday night, rest on Wed (no school) back to London by train, for a tour of the cancelled audition & Stomp matinee,ome home & she stays in London for Fridays audition then home

Ballet Christmas party on Saturday, college in London Sunday, home Sunday evening, school Monday, catch train Monday eve for Audition on Tuesdayn then home

& breathe

• Like 3

Did she get an interview or a Physio?

DD didn't - but she assures me that it wasn't a 'cut' tbh I'm less sure

One teacher was an ex-teacher of DD's........so I don't think that is good

Edited by Katymac

Yes she stayed for the interview and physio, we thought the facilities were excellent definitely at the top of her list now.

I thought that having an ex teacher might have worked in her favour, as they would have seen her ability under a less stressful situation of an audition.