From my hospital bed

Pups_mum

Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense as I am heavily under the influence of drugs and using a brand new samsung tablet which iisn't a good combination. I'm in hospital having had a spinal surgery this morning and feeling a bit sorry for myself. Just wanted to thank all the balletco team for providing this site. I am lying in bed reading all the interesting enjoyable and varied posts and its really lifted my spirits. Keep up the good work everyone!

Really good to hear from you, safely out from under the hands of those surgeons and anaethetists!

Hope you get some fun from your new tablet. We'll have to thunk of some youtube clips to keep you entertained. How about looking for clips of the Disney musical Newsies, as it's rumoured to be coming to the West End in 2014? Looks fabulous for male dancing and tap dancing. They had "exploratory auditions" at the Pineapple studios a week ago but the rumour mill says they can't find enough male dancers of a high enough standard to think they can stage it, which would be a shame. Definitely a show worth planning a trip to London for!

Get well soon

Cathy

Thanks everyone. So far things are going well though I keep falling asleep at random times! But it has been a much better experience than I had feared so far. I'm going to miss DD dancing in concert on Monday night unfortunately but a friend's mum is giving her a lift and she is being very grown up about the fact I wont be there. It's me that's more upset actually as I love watching her dance, but I have been waiting for this surgery for such a long time and when this opportunity came up at short notice I couldn't really say no.

And Cathy, yes I am very interested in that musical as a young friend of ours has a call back from the original audition. I hope they can go ahead with it.

Best wishes Pups mum....new tablet eh? .....hope you don't get as addicted to yours as I have become to mine!! I'm now worse than any teenager...my partner has to hide it from time to time so I can actually get things done. Hope it goes well for your DD too.