Alexander Campbell farewell performances and appreciation thread

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Hayward will certainly miss him :( - and so soon after losing Lesley Collier as her coach through retirement, too.

(Incidentally, I notice that this photo shows the same moment at which the Manon insight I'm watching on YouTube freezes.  Two sets of dancers, the same pose - but such a difference between the two!)

• Like 4

For anyone still looking for a ticket or tickets for this performance, a few returns have been appearing for this performance over the last few days - but are snapped up quite quickly, so do have a look from time to time and don't hesitate if you really want to see Campbell in his last performance as Des Grieux.  🙂

3 hours ago, Emeralds said:

For anyone still looking for a ticket or tickets for this performance, a few returns have been appearing for this performance over the last few days - but are snapped up quite quickly

so, like every other sold out performance then...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Emeralds said:

For anyone still looking for a ticket or tickets for this performance, a few returns have been appearing for this performance over the last few days - but are snapped up quite quickly, so do have a look from time to time and don't hesitate if you really want to see Campbell in his last performance as Des Grieux.  🙂

Quite a few  popping up today, especially after 4pm - they don't seem to be able to get rid of the boxes but others at various price points have appeared briefly so definitely worth checking in.  I finally upgraded my very poor amphitheatre seat snapped up earlier this week so persistence pays off!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Missfrankiecat said:

Quite a few  popping up today, especially after 4pm - they don't seem to be able to get rid of the boxes but others at various price points have appeared briefly so definitely worth checking in.  I finally upgraded my very poor amphitheatre seat snapped up earlier this week so persistence pays off!

To be fair not sure why you would pay so much for a box where you can't see half the stage!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Missfrankiecat said:

I finally upgraded my very poor amphitheatre seat snapped up earlier this week so persistence pays off!

Mine hasn't as yet ☹️

23 minutes ago, Missfrankiecat said:

Posts starting on Instagram now from colleagues etc .  Vadim is missing his dressing room buddy and having a final giggle in class.  Claire is showing a lovely montage of photos from the years.

He is clearly loved there!! It is heartwarming to see

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Missfrankiecat said:

Posts starting on Instagram now from colleagues etc .  Vadim is missing his dressing room buddy and having a final giggle in class.  Claire is showing a lovely montage of photos from the years.

Have been looking at Instagram. I'm all upset now. 😪

• Like 12

I will miss him, he is a fabulous dancer. I remember that he was the first dancer principal dancer I saw live when I went to see Sleeping Beauty . I remember it was with Francesca Hayward it was a great performance as all their performances , what a couple¡¡¡

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Swan66 said:

I will miss him, he is a fabulous dancer. I remember that he was the first dancer principal dancer I saw live when I went to see Sleeping Beauty . I remember it was with Francesca Hayward it was a great performance as all their performances , what a couple¡¡¡

She will miss him a lot.  I've seen them live a few times but I most think of them as a dance couple in a BBC film about preparations for the Nutcracker - Frankie's first Sugar Plum - and Alex was so calm, kind and supportive of her, like a big brother (of the best kind!).  Along with the serene Lesley Collier coaching and grand-fatherly Sir Peter Wright looking on, it was a wonderful antidote to the stories of poisonous behind the scenes ballet relationships peddled in some films of the time.

• Like 6

Cast List is up: Marco Masciari will be pinching Gary Avis's pocket watch tonight  while Yuhui Choe tries to get Valentino Zucchetti's attention as he focuses on making deals at Kristen McNally's table. Nicol Edmonds plays the baddie across the pond who gets it in the back. 🎭 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

Cast List is up: Marco Masciari will be pinching Gary Avis's pocket watch tonight  while Yuhui Choe tries to get Valentino Zucchetti's attention as he focuses on making deals at Kristen McNally's table. Nicol Edmonds plays the baddie across the pond who gets it in the back. 🎭 

Good to see Yuhui in the cast .....she has also had some great partnerships with Alex over the years.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Good to see Yuhui in the cast .....she has also had some great partnerships with Alex over the years.

Christopher Saunders is listed as a client! I may not have attended every performance but I don't think he's been one of the Clients since.....the last millennium?? He's been doing GM for a long time. Wonder if this is a Specially Assembled Cast among the regular cast. 😀 What with Yuhui as the Mistress as well. I was almost expecting to see "roomie" Vadim Muntagirov in the cast after that! (Dressing Room Roomie, that is)

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1

Just now, FionaM said:

Christopher Saunders was also one of the brothel clients at the Calvin/Melissa Manon.

Wasn't he Monsieur GM, FionaM? Unless you meant in a philosophical sense that GM is technically a client too. 😉 

1 minute ago, Emeralds said:

Wasn't he Monsieur GM, FionaM? Unless you meant in a philosophical sense that GM is technically a client too. 😉 

you are right he was GM in that cast.   So where did I see him as a client?  Hmm

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

If others start clapping during Alex Campbell's entrance, I'll join in. But if they stick to custom and don't, I won't. 

But if we all wait for others to start, no-one will...🤔😂

• Like 3