RB Winter 2024 Booking

Guest oncnp

Bit the bullet for Manon and booked for quite a few more casts than I did for Don Quixote. I saw Manon for the first time in September with the Royal Swedish Ballet, it was intoxicatingly brilliant and I can't wait to see the RB portrayal. Must sees for me - Osipova/Clarke, Nunez/Bolle, Hayward/Sambe, Muntagirov/Kaneko. Also booked for Hamilton/Richardson and Takada/Campbell.

(Bit ruinous - this is why I'm not going to any Nutcrackers!)

Can't wait to hear the score live again!

• Like 3

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@alison I will email them and if I get a response I can post it on here. I figure I’ve already paid for the tickets so they can’t charge me more, and after general opening most people will have booked anyway. 

I will be quite annoyed if it is revealed they are cheaper due to restricted views as nothing indicated this during the booking process. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterS said:

14 Feb has good SCS still showing, not a popular choice for a St Valentine's date night 🙂

A Wednesday night would require 2 days off work, an overnight stay and cause multiple childcare issues....please don't tempt me!

My wedding anniversary was last Sunday and I woke up next to my mum in a double bed in a Travelodge in Battersea follwing the opening night of Don Q. Didn't see my husband until I got home at 11pm that night. Manon on Valentines Day mignt be pushing my luck...

• Like 8

Felt like a Christmas miracle — I was able to get a SCS ticket for opening night. Guess the ROH must hold a few back for general booking? I wouldn't have booked for more than one Manon otherwise. Saved my pennies (pounds) for a good seat to see Yasmine Naghdi and William Bracewell. Splurged on another SCS for Sarah Lamb, who I love but rarely get to see. Bonus is James Hay as her brother 😍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, art_enthusiast said:

Must sees for me - Osipova/Clarke, Nunez/Bolle, Hayward/Sambe, Muntagirov/Kaneko.

Three of those have unfortunately turned into "won't sees" for me, unless some standing turns up at a later date :( 

7 minutes ago, alison said:

Three of those have unfortunately turned into "won't sees" for me, unless some standing turns up at a later date :( 

Have sent you a PM 

4 hours ago, JNC said:

Yes camera is filming for the cheaper dates. But the entire pricing seems to be off, and there is no indication that views will be restricted. 

For the Osipova dates the pricing is

£8

and the bands are different as well. Eg for £34 I can sit in row M (amphi side). But this costs £49 on the Hayward date. 

for Hayward it’s 

I’d rather not have a restricted view and will they have cameras up in the amphitheatre? 

I might email ROH to ask as the Hayward pricing seems to be the standard one it’s just the Osipova dates that appear different. 

I tried to add photos of the seat map but the files were too large. 

edited to say when I say cheaper it’s not necessarily the case, just the back central amphi I’m looking at is £34 to £49, I don’t think it’s “cheaper” anywhere else. 

Shocked at Manon prices. I’ve booked two performances but closer to the time I think I’ll look at train prices (and strikes!) and probably return one, unless I can maybe pick up a good scs from here as it’s too expensive to justify otherwise. 

Surely another ‘mis-step’?

• Like 2

It sounds like most people managed booking without any technical hitches this morning? I had a feeling that would be the case given I was unable to book anything as I have no money at the moment. So many Manon casts I would like to see but I'm going to be entirely dependent on if I can get any Friday rush tickets come January-March. Did anyone happen to notice if the single Hamilton/Richardson performance was selling very quickly? I'll be extremely disappointed if I can't get a ticket for that, having wanted to see Hamilton's Manon since 2019.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

It sounds like most people managed booking without any technical hitches this morning? I had a feeling that would be the case given I was unable to book anything as I have no money at the moment. So many Manon casts I would like to see but I'm going to be entirely dependent on if I can get any Friday rush tickets come January-March. Did anyone happen to notice if the single Hamilton/Richardson performance was selling very quickly? I'll be extremely disappointed if I can't get a ticket for that, having wanted to see Hamilton's Manon since 2019.

When I looked, the Hamilton/Richardson performance seemed to have good availability except in SCS.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, capybara said:

When I looked, the Hamilton/Richardson performance seemed to have good availability except in SCS.

Thanks. I seem to be about the only person on here who doesn't do SCS so at least that's not a consideration for me. I've now got round to looking at the seat plans for every performance & so far it looks to be Nunez/Bolle who are selling by far the best, so it's fortunate for me that that's not one of the pairs I'm hoping to be able to see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

Surely another ‘mis-step’?

It seems so, very odd for amphi seats to be restricted for filming (and also without notification when you buy the ticket). 

in any case if I find out I will let you know! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was just running through the ROH website to see when the Spring booking was opening and as I passed the Manon page where I hadn’t really taken in the dancer pictured before I could swear it’s Leticia Dias but she’s not dancing the main role in Manon is she? 

2 minutes ago, LinMM said:

I was just running through the ROH website to see when the Spring booking was opening and as I passed the Manon page where I hadn’t really taken in the dancer pictured before I could swear it’s Leticia Dias but she’s not dancing the main role in Manon is she? 

Mistress 😊

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Which page are you looking it?  The production page that I see has a picture of Sarah Lamb.

Yes you could be right! When I enlarge the screen I can see it could be Francesca but does look like Leticia when scrolling by. 
It confused me because it looks like Manon’s costume ( though haven’t seen it for a good few years now) and didn’t think Leticia was dancing the main role ( this time around!) 

Ive already booked to see a Fumi/ Vadim mid week performance mainly to see Vadim as Des Grieux but Francesca would be the Manon of choice for me though her dates are not wonderful …perhaps the Saturday matinee hopefully. 

Yes I’ve conceded that because of the costume!! I obviously need to go to specsavers!! …… the more so because Francesca is one of my favourite dancers too🙄

I don’t suppose anyone else thinks it looks just a teeny weeny bit like Leticia in that piccie 🤔

Edited by LinMM

Well have just made it up to Francesca for not recognising her!!! 
Have managed to get literally the one ticket left for the Sat 17th Matinee which I can afford ….before having to go to standing ….which of course are all gone at this point. 

Am feeling pretty chuffed now about the two Manons will be seeing. 

• Like 3