Thought I’d start this thread for Pointe Shoe Shops North West!

Now that That’s Entertainment is closing down any others know where’s best to go to for pointe shoe fittings from North Wales please?

A mum has just text me with Bedazzled Bazzar Chester! Never heard of it so any feedback would be great please. Also Footlights Liverpool.

Don’t think mine would all travel to Dancique in Birmingham 🤣

Thank you 💗🩰💗

Ahhhhhh ok thank you 🤣
My own daughter has only ever used Dancique and I swear by them but it’s a bit far for my students to expect them to go to 🤣

Her first pair were at her Manchester JA centre, but even that’s a nightmare to get to 🤣

Edited by Dancing unicorn

It might be too far for you - but PoseAPointes in Manchester (not far from the Trafford Centre) are amazing. They fit the Northern Ballet School students. It's always a positive experience and they really take their time to make sure you come away with the best fit. 

• Thanks 1

On 04/04/2023 at 15:47, Dancing unicorn said:

Thought I’d start this thread for Pointe Shoe Shops North West!

Now that That’s Entertainment is closing down any others know where’s best to go to for pointe shoe fittings from North Wales please?

A mum has just text me with Bedazzled Bazzar Chester! Never heard of it so any feedback would be great please. Also Footlights Liverpool.

Don’t think mine would all travel to Dancique in Birmingham 🤣

Thank you 💗🩰💗

Pose pointes in Urmston - Olivia is brilliant does weekends and some evenings. She does school visits too if that helps any teachers. That's entertainment is a huge loss 😕

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Ok so dd fitted with f.r.Duval today - similar to Gaynor. Dd extremely happy with them, so next question - anyone know who else would stock them please (any further info on them would be helpful too please)

thank you 💗

My dd was fitted with Sansha pointe shoes recently at That’s Entertainment and loves them. I think FR Duval could possibly be made by Sansha. I have tried numerous shops to try to buy them and can’t find any. One lady advised me to buy straight from the Sansha website in the USA as she didn’t think there were any in the U.K. I have ordered three pairs from them about a week ago so patiently waiting for them to be delivered and I imagine we will be faced with custom charges too.

https://world.sansha.com/f-r-duval.html

Edited by Justkeepsmiling
To add website
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Ok so dd fitted with f.r.Duval today - similar to Gaynor. Dd extremely happy with them, so next question - anyone know who else would stock them please (any further info on them would be helpful too please)

thank you 💗

I think Just Ballet stock them.

• Thanks 1

Good luck if they are made by Sansha, (which they do appear to be) as their customer service is terrible.  We once went to their (now gone) shop in Covent Garden and it was dreadful.  One shop told me they had stopped stocking any Sansha products due to their bad customer service.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Justkeepsmiling said:

My dd was fitted with Sansha pointe shoes recently at That’s Entertainment and loves them. I think FR Duval could possibly be made by Sansha. I have tried numerous shops to try to buy them and can’t find any. One lady advised me to buy straight from the Sansha website in the USA as she didn’t think there were any in the U.K. I have ordered three pairs from them about a week ago so patiently waiting for them to be delivered and I imagine we will be faced with custom charges too.

https://world.sansha.com/f-r-duval.html

I do hope you didn't make the error we made when ordering from (Bloch) USA.....their size guide at the time suggested shoes all went up 2 sizes.....it failed to mention NOT in pointe shoes though (think website has been updated now!!).....so we had 5 pairs of massive shoes turn up!! Had paid huge shipping cost, then got hit up for about £30 customs, then paid nearly £80 to return & lost out on the exchange rate both buying & then in the refund & of course didn't benefit from the student discount offered in UK.....I reckon we wasted money equal to well over one & a half pairs  - aghhh! Oh, & then the hubbie pointed out a few weeks later that my phone call to Bloch USA to get required confirmation that ok to return cost over £50 on my mobile bill....oops!! So, actually that was more like the loss of price of 2 pairs of pointe shoes!!!! 

• Like 2

Maybe more Midlands but I'm sure easy to get to...

https://www.thedancersroom.co.uk/

Becky is really helpful & whilst we've only had fittings by her at a school many years ago & never actually visited the store, she still sources pointe shoes 7 other dance kit for us when needed with quick delivery to wherever needed! They also offer a pointe shoe loyalty scheme too which helps lower costs....

Also, Just Ballet (I guess also north midlands area?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

I do hope you didn't make the error we made when ordering from (Bloch) USA.....their size guide at the time suggested shoes all went up 2 sizes.....it failed to mention NOT in pointe shoes though (think website has been updated now!!).....so we had 5 pairs of massive shoes turn up!! Had paid huge shipping cost, then got hit up for about £30 customs, then paid nearly £80 to return & lost out on the exchange rate both buying & then in the refund & of course didn't benefit from the student discount offered in UK.....I reckon we wasted money equal to well over one & a half pairs  - aghhh! Oh, & then the hubbie pointed out a few weeks later that my phone call to Bloch USA to get required confirmation that ok to return cost over £50 on my mobile bill....oops!! So, actually that was more like the loss of price of 2 pairs of pointe shoes!!!! 

I have ordered exactly what was on the label so 🤞🏻they will be ok 😬

• Like 1

Bravo! Can I ask if you ordered just via online communication or over telephone? And did you ask for student or pro dancer discount? Hoping to know what’s the norm as suspect we may need to order via USA one of these days too…(now I know WHAT is correct sizing 😂)

Edited by Peanut68
  • Like 1

I just ordered online and there is a code on the website for 20% off at the moment. I’m not sure how long this will be on for but I didn’t ask for any student/pro discount. Their communication was great as they emailed me to say that the order was at my dd’s local post office as I had left a digit off her phone number and they were unable to contact her after a missed delivery as she was back home for Easter. 

• Like 1