Jump to content

ROH Spring 2023 booking experiences


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went pretty smoothly for me too, except that I still haven't found a reliable way of booking another ticket for the same production other than starting all over again and scrolling all the way down the list of productions. (I tried to just arrow back and it took me right out of the booking function, and the ticket I'd selected was no longer in my basket, so I didn't do that again.) So, cumbersome but successful.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Went pretty smoothly for me too, except that I still haven't found a reliable way of booking another ticket for the same production other than starting all over again and scrolling all the way down the list of productions. (I tried to just arrow back and it took me right out of the booking function, and the ticket I'd selected was no longer in my basket, so I didn't do that again.) So, cumbersome but successful.

 

I just open multiple tabs in advance and have each ready at a date I'm trying for. (This way means you have to go through the screen where you specify using the seat map each time, but it works for me.)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

I just open multiple tabs in advance and have each ready at a date I'm trying for. (This way means you have to go through the screen where you specify using the seat map each time, but it works for me.)

 

I fear I would find that just as cumbersome and I'd probably confuse myself in the process... but it's a good idea.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just had a brilliant booking experience this morning.  Booked a few tickets without problems, then when putting them in my diary I realised that I already had an opera booked for the 1st April, for which I had bought two Cinderella tickets.  Emailed the box office to explain (as I was sure the phones would be chock-a-block), and within minutes they had replied saying they have refunded the amount to my bank so that I can re-book another performance at my leisure.  I'm really impressed.  And I was only expecting a voucher/credit, which would have been no problem.  Really personal, rapid service.  

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

 

I just open multiple tabs in advance and have each ready at a date I'm trying for. (This way means you have to go through the screen where you specify using the seat map each time, but it works for me.)


I tried this and then had issues with everything not really loading the seat map or letting me through the queue. I ended up closing all tabs except one and doing them one by one. 
 

I wish they would just add it to your basket and keep you on the page - much better to have to “manually” click to check out, rather than start all over again to select more performances. Seems unuser friendly and whilst the tab suggestion works in theory in practice shouldn’t the website just be more functional when booking more than one performance? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bridiem said:

Went pretty smoothly for me too, except that I still haven't found a reliable way of booking another ticket for the same production other than starting all over again and scrolling all the way down the list of productions. (I tried to just arrow back and it took me right out of the booking function, and the ticket I'd selected was no longer in my basket, so I didn't do that again.) So, cumbersome but successful.

I find the new system so much better (though I haven't tried it on my phone, only the computer). The seat view works great.

 

To book tickets by computer you select your date and clicked Buy Tickets and then Use our Seatmap if you're selecting your tickets rather than have the computer do it. Then wait for the seat plan to load. Incidentally, if you know the date of the first performance you want to book it's easier to find it by the calendar rather than scroll through pages of events you're not bothered about. The calendar option comes onscreen after you've clicked What's On so if you're booking for Cinderella just select April 2023 (for example)

You then select a date and click on a seat and select your seat by clicking Select. This gives you the seat view and price.

If you decide to go ahead click Add to Basket. It's important to Add it to Basket otherwise it may vanish if you try and select more seats.

If you decide against it you click Remove from Selection.

If you then want to book more seats for the same production I just click on the list of dates above the seat plan, slightly to the top left of the screen. You can then just select  another date and wait for the seat plan to load etc. before going to checkout. This drop down dates system is new to the latest upgrade and very successful (for me anyway).

 

Got the tickets I wanted (more or less). Incidentally, to save money I bought a couple of standing tickets. Does anyone know about how long it lasts? It's that long since I've seen it live I can't even remember if it's 3 acts or 2.

Edited by jmhopton
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

If you then want to book more seats for the same production I just click on the list of dates above the seat plan, slightly to the top left of the screen. You can then just select  another date and wait for the seat plan to load etc. before going to checkout. This drop down dates system is new to the latest upgrade and very successful (for me anyway).

 

I simply didn't see this, but will look out for it next time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I add to basket I automatically get taken to the “would you like to add anything to your basket page”. As you say unless you click add to basket the seats aren’t reserved so I don’t want to not click this, but when I do another page loads and I have to start all over to add more performance dates.

 

does this not happen to others?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, JNC said:

When I add to basket I automatically get taken to the “would you like to add anything to your basket page”. As you say unless you click add to basket the seats aren’t reserved so I don’t want to not click this, but when I do another page loads and I have to start all over to add more performance dates.

 

does this not happen to others?

 

Yes, I think it does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JNC said:

When I add to basket I automatically get taken to the “would you like to add anything to your basket page”. As you say unless you click add to basket the seats aren’t reserved so I don’t want to not click this, but when I do another page loads and I have to start all over to add more performance dates.

 

does this not happen to others?

Yes, I think this happened to me with the same results; very annoying. Then I wondered if the 'add something' means ice cream, interval drink or programme rather than more tickets, and is perhaps indicative of a more general, one-off ballet going audience rather than us die-hards who want to spend our money on different casts rather than ordering interval refreshments. It is just phrased very confusingly. Just use the back arrow to drop down date list for more tickets and you should be OK. Having said that, I just tried a sample order and it wasn't as good as it was this morning. The ticket didn't appear in my basket at the top of the page even after I'd clicked Add to basket. However, it was there on the annoying Would you like to add anything... page. Word of warning. Don't use the Book more Tickets option on this page just below Checkout. It just takes you back to the start of Events not back to whatever ballet you were booking for. Try using the back button to get back to the same production and carry on using the drop down menu. Or use the calendar rather than the list if things go wrong. Oh for the old calendar that the ROH used to produce with all productions listed each with their own link. Just so much simpler so of course they had to discontinue it.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok thanks for the advice, I’m always worried if I click back it will remove the tickets from my basket but maybe it’s ok and I’ll give it a go. Most websites (clothing retailers for example) have the add to basket as a sort of pop-up with the page and you remain on the same webpage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I didn’t want to start a new thread but ahead of general booking tomorrow I noticed they’ve updated the Cinderella page with a photo of Nunez in a tutu and a flowery backdrop.

 

not sure what others thoughts are (and I’ve never seen it before so unfamiliar with previous designs) but I’m not overly impressed. But then again I’ve never been a huge fan of pastels…I will await final judgement until I see it. 
 

For reference I love Messel’s sleeping beauty designs, and also Coppelia’s costumes and Sylvia/La Fille, all of them feel quite individual to the Royal and the first two particularly I don’t know why (perhaps it’s because of when they date from) feel particularly identifiable British to me in the sense they do seem like they were designed and fit the royal rather than other companies. 
 

Would be interested to hear others’ thoughts, of the pictures I’ve seen from the last time the royal did Cinderella to be honest those costumes aren’t to my taste so this looks like an improvement at least. But appreciate it’s early days!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JNC said:

I didn’t want to start a new thread but ahead of general booking tomorrow I noticed they’ve updated the Cinderella page with a photo of Nunez in a tutu and a flowery backdrop.

 

not sure what others thoughts are (and I’ve never seen it before so unfamiliar with previous designs) but I’m not overly impressed. But then again I’ve never been a huge fan of pastels…I will await final judgement until I see it. 

 

It does make me a bit apprehensive (shades of Disney) but I suppose one shouldn't judge by a publicity still. Hope for the best.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got all the tickets I wanted with no trouble except for the one performance where I wanted to book two tickets together. I had to add the first one but I couldn't then add the second easily, I had to go through as though I was booking another performance. Does anyone know an easier way? To add, I don't often buy two seats together but it would be useful to know for future reference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had an awful experience. Once I got to front of queue it took ages for me to be redirected to website. Then, once I put tickets in my basket, it told me I couldn't have them as I'd exceeded my ticket limit - despite the fact it was my first pair for Cinderella. Miraculously I manged to get pairs of SCS for the other 3 dates I wanted - but then it wouldn't let me enter my credit card details and I had to pay by my husband's PayPal as that was the only button it would let me press. All this was against the clock as I had a 2 year old with me who I'd strategically distracted but there are limits!

 

Once I'd had SCS in basket for 3 performances I didn't dare go back for the 4th performance I wanted, so I made a separate booking for that on my phone. I couldn't get SCS and couldn't afford my normal amphitheatre seat (far side of row F - F39) so had to get restricted view. Can anyone advise if the view from C35 and 36 in amphi is OK? 

 

I'm now waiting anxiously for my confirmation as I don't trust that my bookings have actually been made even though I've paid!

Edited by RHowarth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

I got all the tickets I wanted with no trouble except for the one performance where I wanted to book two tickets together. I had to add the first one but I couldn't then add the second easily, I had to go through as though I was booking another performance. Does anyone know an easier way? To add, I don't often buy two seats together but it would be useful to know for future reference.

 

What worked for me ..

  • Select first ticket 
  • You should see this in the bottom right corner 
  • image.png.e3755ed5c9a3d2a29ef9bc175e5eddb2.png
  • Choose your second ticket
  • image.png.7175e892308274ff65ce1cd2a7d56780.png
  • Now "Add to Basket" 

 

To add: This was on my laptop.  Phone formatting may differ

Edited by oncnp
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oncnp said:

 

What worked for me ..

  • Select first ticket 
  • You should see this in the bottom right corner 
  • image.png.e3755ed5c9a3d2a29ef9bc175e5eddb2.png
  • Choose your second ticket
  • image.png.7175e892308274ff65ce1cd2a7d56780.png
  • Now "Add to Basket" 

 

To add: This was on my laptop.  Phone formatting may differ

 

This tripped me up once today, but I didn't really realise what it was. This makes so much sense, thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The website worked fine for me today but, for the first time for ages and certainly for the first time since covid, I couldn't get a ticket for one of the performances I wanted to book for. Admittedly my requirements were very specific - I was after one of only half a dozen seats - but that's because the ticket prices have gone up so much that there are literally only a handful of seats in the stalls circle that I can still just about afford. Until recently if I couldn't get row C & it was something I really wanted to see then I'd fork out a bit more for row B but now row B is £112 compared to £70 for row C so it's too expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

The website worked fine for me today but, for the first time for ages and certainly for the first time since covid, I couldn't get a ticket for one of the performances I wanted to book for. Admittedly my requirements were very specific - I was after one of only half a dozen seats - but that's because the ticket prices have gone up so much that there are literally only a handful of seats in the stalls circle that I can still just about afford. Until recently if I couldn't get row C & it was something I really wanted to see then I'd fork out a bit more for row B but now row B is £112 compared to £70 for row C so it's too expensive.

 

God, that really is a huge difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

The website worked fine for me today but, for the first time for ages and certainly for the first time since covid, I couldn't get a ticket for one of the performances I wanted to book for. Admittedly my requirements were very specific - I was after one of only half a dozen seats - but that's because the ticket prices have gone up so much that there are literally only a handful of seats in the stalls circle that I can still just about afford. Until recently if I couldn't get row C & it was something I really wanted to see then I'd fork out a bit more for row B but now row B is £112 compared to £70 for row C so it's too expensive.

 

A huge difference but just for accurate comparison, are those Row C £70 seats the restricted view v the £112 Row B unrestricted?  That may explain some of the difference. 

Edited by oncnp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, oncnp said:

 

A huge difference but just for accurate comparison, are those Row C £70 seats the restricted view v the £112 Row B unrestricted?  That may explain some of the difference. 

I just checked the price of stalls circle B16. I I know it’s restricted as I’ve sat there (in the days when it was only £32). The price is definitely £112!

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, oncnp said:

 

What worked for me ..

  • Select first ticket 
  • You should see this in the bottom right corner 
  • image.png.e3755ed5c9a3d2a29ef9bc175e5eddb2.png
  • Choose your second ticket
  • image.png.7175e892308274ff65ce1cd2a7d56780.png
  • Now "Add to Basket" 

 

To add: This was on my laptop.  Phone formatting may differ


Many thanks for that, I'll try that next time I want two tickets. I was booking on an iPad which showed me the same as above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

I just checked the price of stalls circle B16. I I know it’s restricted as I’ve sat there (in the days when it was only £32). The price is definitely £112!

It's not restricted on the seat map- though maybe it should be

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, alison said:

Amazing.  Absolutely no problems today - for the first time in several booking periods.

 

That said, I did keep getting a message that if I navigated away from the page I'd lose my seats.  After a while, I started to ignore it, navigated away and didn't lose the seats, so that was all right, but it was initially a little worrying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oncnp said:

A huge difference but just for accurate comparison, are those Row C £70 seats the restricted view v the £112 Row B unrestricted?  That may explain some of the difference. 

 

Having sat in both rows on many occasions I would consider B, while not quite as restricted as C, to still definitely have a restricted view. I think the Mayerling pricing with row B £75 and row C £58 was a reasonable price difference, and reasonable prices for that matter. For me a £42 price difference for Cinderella is not reasonable; while I think row C is somewhat overpriced at £70 and row B is considerably overpriced at £112.

Edited by Dawnstar
Punctuation
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...