ROH Spring 2023 booking experiences

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Does anyone have an idea what a gala night is going to add to a full length ballet? (other than increased prices)

Speeches? 

From the ROH email

Premium tickets are also available and include top-price seats for the performance, invitations to pre-performance and interval receptions, and a post-performance dinner with the cast, creative team, and members of staff in the Paul Hamlyn Hall 

Edited by oncnp

17 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Does anyone have an idea what a gala night is going to add to a full length ballet? (other than increased prices)

For those of us not paying for dinner etc, I'm not sure. I hope there might be a speech before or after but maybe not. I'm going just because it's the first night and the excitement that comes with that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bridiem said:

For those of us not paying for dinner etc, I'm not sure. I hope there might be a speech before or after but maybe not. I'm going just because it's the first night and the excitement that comes with that.

There should be at least one speech from O'Hare/Beard thanking the people willing to pay extra to support the company. When I bought my ticket there was only the standard confirmation. I think the ROH missed a good-will opportunity by not customizing the reply. Saying "Thank you" never hurts and for some (me) that's all that's needed. 

37 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

lol - no, just those willing to stump up even more for the privilege 🙂

So those who are just going on the first night, and their tickets are much more costly, those people don't get the dinner and the meet and greet, so what exactly are they getting for the money?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, emmarose said:

So those who are just going on the first night, and their tickets are much more costly, those people don't get the dinner and the meet and greet, so what exactly are they getting for the money?

They get a ticket for a performance, the opportunity to see the first performance of a new production.

No-one is forcing anyone to go to the first night.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, alison said:

(Mind you, I assume there will be a Friends' rehearsal as usual - or do they not do that for premieres?)

24 March - a few tickets available

4 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

They get a ticket for a performance, the opportunity to see the first performance of a new production.

No-one is forcing anyone to go to the first night.

Oh, I know nobody is being forced, I was genuinely interested.

When I clicked on info for the gala they say about meeting the cast after, you click through to the link and it's just all the tickets, and obviously everyone there isn't going to the after party bit, so I just wanted to know in case I ended up buying one. I just didn't think it was very clear from the website what was actually on offer and I was interested.

• Like 2

Rob S trust me not to notice the pillar in standing D.5 🙄…rather like not noticing a large tree right in the middle of a school car park once and just reversed straight into it 😳

Luckily it was in the days when we had a car each but these days we share one so think I’d have to fake my own death if did it now 😂

But back to the pillar I suppose it’s quite a long way to the left so might not actually block out too much if you were leaning forward. But because I’m tall I then get a prob. with the Grand Tier overhang a bit. It’s still a standing place I would just about consider if it meant the only way to see some rare visiting artist or Company. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alison said:

The privilege of seeing it before anyone else does.  (Mind you, I assume there will be a Friends' rehearsal as usual - or do they not do that for premieres?)

They do - I’m going to the rehearsal !

17 hours ago, LinMM said:

Rob S trust me not to notice the pillar in standing D.5 🙄…rather like not noticing a large tree right in the middle of a school car park once and just reversed straight into it 😳

Luckily it was in the days when we had a car each but these days we share one so think I’d have to fake my own death if did it now 😂

But back to the pillar I suppose it’s quite a long way to the left so might not actually block out too much if you were leaning forward. But because I’m tall I then get a prob. with the Grand Tier overhang a bit. It’s still a standing place I would just about consider if it meant the only way to see some rare visiting artist or Company. 

Thanks Lin. Never mind leaning forward, I tend to be more or less resting my chin on the rail - so it sounds promising.

• Like 1

So I just tried to book a ticket for Beauty for Friday 3rd on the Friday Rush.  As soon as the box changed from 'coming soon' to 'buy tickets' I clicked....and got a message that it is all sold out.  So how can 49 tickets have been sold in one second?  There is something not right, and it's very frustrating.  I had amended my schedule today to enable me to try and get a ticket, and then it appears the whole thing is sold out anyway.  I don't understand how that is possible.  Incredibly annoying.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sim said:

So I just tried to book a ticket for Beauty for Friday 3rd on the Friday Rush.  As soon as the box changed from 'coming soon' to 'buy tickets' I clicked....and got a message that it is all sold out.  So how can 49 tickets have been sold in one second?  There is something not right, and it's very frustrating.  I had amended my schedule today to enable me to try and get a ticket, and then it appears the whole thing is sold out anyway.  I don't understand how that is possible.  Incredibly annoying.  

Try now...they are having website problems

1 minute ago, oncnp said:

Try now...they are having website problems

Thanks.  I have just tried but the ticket I wanted has gone.  Oh well....I will keep an eye open for returns and will bump up my request on the forum.  

From the ROH website:

"Alert (26/01/23 14:00 GMT)

We are carrying out essential maintenance work on our website between 6am–10.30am (GMT) on Friday 27 January 2023. If you encounter an error, please try again after a short while. We apologise for any inconvenience."

looks like the 'maintenance' window has overrun...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sim said:

So I just tried to book a ticket for Beauty for Friday 3rd on the Friday Rush.  As soon as the box changed from 'coming soon' to 'buy tickets' I clicked....and got a message that it is all sold out.  So how can 49 tickets have been sold in one second?  There is something not right, and it's very frustrating. 

I've had that in the past with Friday Rush.  It was obvious that something wasn't right, and the tickets did appear sometime later.  Sorry you weren't luckier, Sim.

• Thanks 1

Same here with it being instantly sold out.  I’m desperate to take my child, so really need a non school night, but starting to think it will never happen.  I’m completely priced out of seeing the Royal Ballet these days and am not willing to spend £70 on a restricted view seat.  I feel so sad that I used to sit in the stalls for not much more watching the likes of Carlos Acosta, Darcey Bussell, Sylvia Guillem, Irek Mukhamadov and Tamara Rojo etc.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alison said:

I've had that in the past with Friday Rush.  It was obvious that something wasn't right, and the tickets did appear sometime later.  Sorry you weren't luckier, Sim.

Thanks Alison. I will know for next time!  Luckily a kind forum member has sorted me out with a ticket.  🙂

• Like 4

On 25/01/2023 at 00:34, alison said:

Eek!  Thank you, JNC, I had no idea it was coming.

My own fault: the ROH had sent me out a notification the week before.  I was just in such a hurry at the time that I pinned it to the top of my inbox and didn't actually look at it :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I know there seems to be serious lag from booking tickets until receiving email confirmation and e-ticket, but previously under ‘your account’ you could access ‘upcoming events’. That does not appear for me anymore, is this the same for others?

I’ve booked tickets during Friday Rush, only have the PayPal receipt, it’s apparently not ‘standard hours’ on the live chat and no one is answering the phone!

I'm sorry to hear that. My Friday Rush confirmation email arrived straightaway and the ticket was featured in My Events section of my account shortly afterwards. The ticket email arrived about 30 minutes later.

I hope that you have received it now.

Edited by cackles
spelling error
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lollylamb1 said:

Hello, I know there seems to be serious lag from booking tickets until receiving email confirmation and e-ticket, but previously under ‘your account’ you could access ‘upcoming events’. That does not appear for me anymore, is this the same for others?

I’ve booked tickets during Friday Rush, only have the PayPal receipt, it’s apparently not ‘standard hours’ on the live chat and no one is answering the phone!

Had a similar thing happen. Check that you only have one e-mail associated with your name. Once I fixed that everything went smoothly