The ROH booking website - what can we do?

28 minutes ago, alison said:

That's fairly standard for their booking these days - gives those who are already on the ball the opportunity to book without the extra influx of people who aren't!

I know but normally it's an hour late iirc 

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I've just seen the ROH sent me an email saying 'don't delay in getting your tickets for this five star show'...sent two hours after booking opened😄

perhaps it took them that long to fix the website booking...

Same here ,  the page says I  have reached my limit !!!!! but I have not managed to book any tickets .  Then a charge of GBP1,330.00 in my basket which later disappeared. Could not get access to pick a seat , problem with the system  message appearing regularly , two hours later only a few meager tickets left , but all the GBP250.00 tickets   and 99%  of all the  tickets  sold !!!

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

I will no doubt probably find that one or other of their songs is some old favourite lol but just can’t recall any song at all at the moment!! 

One of the groups that conjures up that fantastic 80s decade as soon as you hear them!  A few reminders for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3j2NYZ8FKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRHetRTOD1Q

And with Dusty Springfield:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn9E5i7l-Eg

• Like 1

Sorry a tangent to booking specifically but does this confirm there won’t be a visiting ballet company at ROH this summer? They don’t have anything showing for August at the moment so wondering if there’s scope for an announcement still…?

Although as mentioned it will save me money! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alison said:

Oh, that's why I got into a 30-minute queue earlier, when trying to access tickets for this Saturday's matinee, is it?  Annoyingly, the sofa counted me down to 18 minutes, then, without any audible notification, when I next went on to the tab there was a pop-up message telling me that my access had started 5 minutes earlier!  The previously "available" tickets seemed to have disappeared again.

Lower Slips B10 is currently on general sale

42 minutes ago, Silke H said:

PSB: now a mere 285 tickets left for all 5 days

Hopefully there are some showing as sold that are actually being held back for public booking...

42 minutes ago, JNC said:

Sorry a tangent to booking specifically but does this confirm there won’t be a visiting ballet company at ROH this summer? They don’t have anything showing for August at the moment so wondering if there’s scope for an announcement still…?

Although as mentioned it will save me money! 

No info on Next Generation festival either although there is an insight for it

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the videos Sim! 
I only recognised the middle one “It’s a Sin” which no doubt a hit back in the day! 

Though probably to Pet Shop Boys fans it’s a sin I can’t recall any of their songs!!  

• Like 1

Maybe not the ideal thread, but I tried to get in to check availability for tomorrow's matinee once again, and found a waiting time of over one hour!  On a Friday.  If this doesn't clear by lunchtime, Friday Rush is going to be a nightmare.  I'd assumed the ROH didn't usually open booking on a Friday for that very reason :(  

3 minutes ago, alison said:

Maybe not the ideal thread, but I tried to get in to check availability for tomorrow's matinee once again, and found a waiting time of over one hour!  On a Friday.  If this doesn't clear by lunchtime, Friday Rush is going to be a nightmare.  I'd assumed the ROH didn't usually open booking on a Friday for that very reason :(  

There’s a banner at the top of the page saying public booking has opened for the PSB. Expect a long wait 

Oh.  I didn't realise it had only been priority booking the other day.  No wonder!  Thanks.

Turns out my audible alert hadn't been audible after all, and I'm having to queue again.  What joy.

Does anyone know for certain what the ticket limit is for Friday rush tickets? Today for the first time ever I was trying to get 3, having only ever tried for 1 or 2 before, and when I had added the first 2 tickets it was telling me I could add 7 other tickets before reaching the limit but then when I tried to add a 3rd it told me I had reached my ticket limit so I had to just take the 2 I was able to get. I feel like previously I've occasionally sat next to groups of 3 or 4 people on a rush ticket bench so I'm wondering if a) I'm misremembering that & the limit has always been 2 or b) the website was playing up as it so often does.

I thought it was 2.

I am REALLY REALLY getting to HATE Friday Rush!  I was in there on the dot of 1 pm, constantly refreshing, but it was 4 minutes past before any tickets showed up.  I then realised that that was two of the rear-amphi FR tickets, which meant that all the others had somehow been released and sold without my seeing any of them.  So I've missed out again on tomorrow's matinee :(  Ironically, when I twigged that something was wrong and got another computer going a couple of minutes in, it showed completely different availability from the first one.  I give up :( 

Well, after half an hour of incessant refreshing a pair of rush tickets popped up on the opposite side of the stalls circle to the 2 I had already booked so I was able to nab one of those. I suppose someone had them in their basket then decided not to buy them. Though I am now even more confused about what the Friday rush ticket limit might be.

@alison Today nothing showed up for me for about a minute and a half after 1pm & when the rush seats did show up many had already gone so they must have shown up earlier for some people. I was after 23rd so it might have varied for different dates, though in that case I would have expected those for 17th to show up before those for 23rd as occasionally they appear in date order.

ETA @alison I don't know what sort of tickets you're after but right now there are a couple of balcony standing & a couple of stalls circle bench seats showing up for tomorrow's matinee.

Edited by Dawnstar

Yes, thanks, Dawnstar.  Those Balcony B places do my head in - plus there may be some residual trauma from the time the railing collapsed on me :)  I was considering the restricted-view seat, but wasn't sure how accurate the representation was, because if it is accurate I'd lose a lot of the stage.  Plus, for some reason, I was only allowed 7 minutes, and it ran out while I was still considering!

An update on the discussions about a week ago on tickets listed as available for the last 4 Manon performances but not showing up on the seat map: I see this evening that the number of tickets ennumeratued as available now looks to match up with the number of tickets actually available on the seat maps. So presumably the tickets being held have now been released for public booking. Now if only I had a spare £140 for the oh so tempting front row stalls seat currently available for 5th March....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, alison said:

We appear to have a new sort of interface - although no change to the actual seating plans.

Not sure I can see a new interface unless the fact I can see two productions on the page as I scroll is new

ALERT (23/02/24 06:00 GMT)

We are carrying out essential maintenance work on our website between 6am and 10.30am (GMT) on Friday 23 February 2024. If you encounter an error, please try again after a short while. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Today's Friday rush tickets seem to be doing their frequent disappering & reappearing act, though given how it happens quite often it's probably unrelated to the earlier maintenence. I got a ticket, though not the one I would have ideally liked, for Monday 26th a couple of minutes after 1pm. A few minutes after that the performance showed as completely sold out. Now, half an hour later, about half of the usual Friday rush tickets are showing as available. I wonder where they went in the intervening half an hour? I cannot believe 20-odd tickets are likely to all have all been held in baskets for half an hour & everyone then decided at the same time not to buy them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Today's Friday rush tickets seem to be doing their frequent disappering & reappearing act, though given how it happens quite often it's probably unrelated to the earlier maintenence. I got a ticket, though not the one I would have ideally liked, for Monday 26th a couple of minutes after 1pm. A few minutes after that the performance showed as completely sold out. Now, half an hour later, about half of the usual Friday rush tickets are showing as available. I wonder where they went in the intervening half an hour? I cannot believe 20-odd tickets are likely to all have all been held in baskets for half an hour & everyone then decided at the same time not to buy them.

I'm always amazed at how well you do on Friday Rush.  I have only managed to get one ticket that I have wanted on FR since the Pandemic. I wish I had your good fortune.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterS said:

I'm always amazed at how well you do on Friday Rush.  I have only managed to get one ticket that I have wanted on FR since the Pandemic. I wish I had your good fortune.

Which tickets are you usually after? I'm always after the side stalls circle row C bench seats. Maybe other tickets are more popular?

42 minutes ago, PeterS said:

the balcony standing so perhaps that's what makes it difficult

Standing's usually the most populer, isn't it, so that's probably why. Were you trying to get a rush ticket today? Because I see that right now there are still 2 balcony standing tickets showing as available for 26th, though none left for 27th.

• Thanks 1