The ROH booking website - what can we do?

Since my mobile phone's system was updated from Android 13 to Android 14, the seatmap on the ROH website has not been displaying properly.  When I view the seatmap for a performance, even though there should be lots of seats available, the seatmap displays the price filters across the top of the screen - but where I should see the seats is blank.  This has been happening consistently for a few weeks now since the upgrade was done.  

Have others had the same problem?  Thanks. Screenshot_20240223-084658.thumb.png.b72d987928f95780041051255a3c9ed4.png

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/02/2024 at 19:56, alison said:

And now back again:

image.thumb.png.b40809e5b50b087b333a6ebb1cad05e7.png

I've now got this showing up when accessing the ROH website using Chrome but the previous version is till appearing on Firefox, which is somewhat confusing!

Yet again the Friday rush tickets didn't show up on the dot of 1pm for me. After several minutes of frantic refreshing I was shaking so much from the adreneline that when they did show up I found it difficult to hold my mouse still enough to click on the correct seats! It looks like the confirmation screen has had a slight change in design, presumably in conjunction with the recent change of the how to choose seats screen.

But did you get something?!  Once again, the "best" standing seats had already gone before the FR seats showed up on my screen, and most of what was left was the useless-rear-amphi-seats-I-can't-sit-in.

@alison Yes, I somehow managed to get what I was after (see Manon thread). I just wish the seats would appear when they're supposed to so I didn't have to panic-refresh for several minutes while getting more & more stressed. I'm sorry you didn't manage to get what you were after.

• Like 1

@alison If it's balcony standing you're after then there are single ones showing up for most of the dates right now.

It's so confusing how Friday rush tickets seem to appear & vanish repeatedly for an hour or so after rush starts. Can there really be that many people who put them in baskets then decide half or three-quarters of an hour later that they don't want them or is it sometimes the website playing up, I wonder?

Edited by Dawnstar
Added 2nd paragraph.

1 hour ago, PeterS said:

Is the “Success” message that pops up when something is successfully added to your basket a new addition? 

Personally, I'd rather have a website that worked  without hiccups from the outset than one that told me what I already knew.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scheherezade said:

Personally, I'd rather have a website that worked  without hiccups from the outset than one that told me what I already knew.

That said, I now know that if clicking on add to your basket doesn’t give me the success message, then it’s a waste of time repeatedly clicking on add to your basket as the ticket has gone into someone else’s basket and, at least for the moment, isn’t up for grabs by me. It may become available again if released back into the wild by the captor or if a basket expires due to inactivity.

• Like 2

The ROH website was all over the place for today's Friday rush. It took me 5 minutes just to get onto the seating plan, not because there was a queue but because every time I clicked on the Buy Tickets button for that performance it took me either to a blank page, or back to the main information page for Swan Lake, or told me my basket was empty (hardly a surprise!), or on one occasion told me I'd exceeded my ticket limit at all membership levels, which is a new error message for me. Since when I finally got onto the seating plan most of the Friday rush tickets were still available I can only assume that other people hadn't been able to get onto it at 1pm either.

• Thanks 1

I see the ROH website currently has this notice up.

Alert (13/03/24 17:45 GMT)

We are currently experiencing a website outage. Ticket purchasing is not currently available. We are working to resolve the issue. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

• Thanks 1

Now updated to:

Alert (13/03/24 17:45 GMT)

We have recently recovered from a partial site outage. Most services are now working but some errors may still occur, including with ticket purchases. We are continuing to monitor the issue. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Beryl H …is that the June 25th performance? I’m hoping for that one at public booking …does availability look okay still? 

Yep, plenty of seats currently available for 25th June....

• Like 1

Thanks Richard LH 

It’s going to be difficult to know what to book first on 27th!! 
I don’t suppose you can tell me how May 15th Winters Tale is looking …only if you have a mo! 

14 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Thanks Richard LH 

It’s going to be difficult to know what to book first on 27th!! 
I don’t suppose you can tell me how May 15th Winters Tale is looking …only if you have a mo! 

Swan Lake for June 25 in the first screengrab, The Winter's Tale for May 15 in the second (if this uploads properly...)

SwanJun25.PNG

WintersMay15.PNG

Edited by HelenHelen
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to buy a ticket for the RBS matinee on 6 July and saw this below. Managed to buy it only after my third attempt. Why can not they improve their system?!

Technical error (error 500)

Sorry, we are currently experiencing a few technical issues. Please return to the homepage or try again shortly.

Edited by Amelia

2 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

The ROH website managed yet again to stress me by the rush tickets not appearing until a couple of minutes after 1pm. I don't know why this happens so often.

I only logged on at 2 and managed to secure some balcony standing for my house guest/sitter for Easter Monday's matinee with plenty of options - and no wait to get in. 

3 hours ago, Blossom said:

I only logged on at 2 and managed to secure some balcony standing for my house guest/sitter for Easter Monday's matinee with plenty of options - and no wait to get in. 

That's interesting. I kept an eye on the website for a bit afterwards & while the MacMillan triple rush tickets were mostly still there about half an hour after the start of rush (indeed most of them are still there now) the Swan Lakes were showing as sold out by then. I guess there must have been various tickets apearing & disappearing seemingly at random, as often happens.

Here’s a new one on me at least….

The website is suggesting that tickets for the sold out Friends Rehearsals of Carmen & Andrea Chénier will be available on Friday Rush!

2 APRIL 2024

TUESDAY, 7PM
CARMEN
MAIN STAGE

GUIDANCE: Guidance available for each performance

Sold out

ALL TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT. FIND LAST MINUTE TICKETS ON:

28 MAY 2024

TUESDAY, 11.30AM

ANDREA CHÉNIER

MAIN STAGE

GUIDANCE: Guidance available for each performance