The ROH booking website - what can we do?

Friday Rush a total disaster today - don't know what was happening.  Asked for the seating map - got a blank screen.  Every time I tried to do a Refresh on the seating, I got landed in the Checkout.  Go back a couple of steps - blank screen.  Refresh.  Checkout.  Back to the Swan Lake page and go in again.  Blank screen.  Refresh.  Checkout.  Rinse and repeat. 

Just tried with the 14th.  Same thing.

Oh well, there was that nice-sounding concert I could go to tomorrow instead ...

• Like 1

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a slightly better ticket in my basket for Swan Lake tomorrow so cancelled my existing ticket, and then went to buy the new one and it had disappeared so now I can't go at all... absolutely gutted!!!

Edit: Managed to get the ticket I wanted eventually as it reappeared but have now wasted £8 on admin fees, nightmare!

Edited by Lucy M
Update

@Lucy M On the ticket cancellation screen it says "Any outstanding items will be removed from your basket when you cancel tickets. " so I guess you must have fallen foul of that. Though goodness only knows why the ROH website does that.

@alison Getting redirected to the checkout screen is a new one on me. In recent Friday rushes (though I wasn't trying today) it's sent me back to the production page when I've tried to go onto seating plans a number of times. That at least has some logic to it but sending someone to the checkout before they can get on the seating plan is completely illogical!

Edited by Dawnstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lucy M Yes, in future buying the new ticket before returning the old one is the safer option. Though I realise that doesn't work if you want to use the credit from the old ticket to pay for the new one. What did you go for to replace stalls circle C17?

• Like 1

I logged on, got in quickly and the same thing kept happening to me @alison.  I checked again a few hours later and managed to get one ticket, though I wanted two, then an hour after that I got another (better) ticket.  It means my son will have to sit on his own, but he assured me it is worth it!   He’s also claimed the better seat 😆😬.  I’m so thrilled as this was the cast I wanted to see the most, but it had sold out by the time I was home from work the day booking opened.

@Dawnstar that was exactly what I was trying to do - have put some of it towards a good seat for one of the Ashton triples in June instead. I've got C23 still in the stalls circle as the view looked ever so slightly better being further around, shall assess tomorrow whether I've made the right decision or not!

@Lucy M The viewing angle is a bit better because of being further round but the pillar which severely blocks C22 is somewhat obtrusive in C23 as well. The view from the seat photos for C23 and its opposite number C90 are not entirely accurate in my opinion as they show the pillar as being less obtrusive than I have found it in reality. Sorry if I'm sounding depressing but I have seen a lot of performances from the side stalls bench seats over the years and, while I personally accept the view restrictions as a trade off for the close-up views, I think people need to have realistic expectations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had another survey about being a Friend today- including a section on booking, so I expressed pleasure that it all worked last time but did comment again on previous problems, hoping they have been solved now.

The survey was quite good this time and did allow space for comment on a range of issues.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1