ENB Raymonda Opening Delayed - Shorter Run - 18th to 23rd January

Looks like further disruption for Raymonda....now the opening performance is 18th Jan and have seven performances....at least one date that was previously cancelled will now be available to book from noon tomorrow

Edited by Rob S

Just received from the Coli Box Office

We are writing to let you know about a change to the performance schedule for Raymonda at the London Coliseum.  

English National Ballet is committed to delivering artistic excellence and to giving our audiences the best experience possible.   

The recent impact of Covid-19 means that rehearsals for the upcoming production of Raymonda have been significantly disrupted. This, combined with the complexities of bringing a new, full-length ballet to the stage, mean that in order to meet these commitments, the opening of Raymonda will sadly be delayed.  

Raymonda will now premiere on Tuesday 18 January and run for seven performances until Sunday 23 January. Unfortunately, this means that the performance on 13 January 2022 at 19:30 will no longer go ahead. 

"This has been an extremely difficult decision to make, but one which was necessary. We would be doing a disservice to ourselves and to our audiences if we presented this extraordinary work without it being fully prepared.   
Raymonda is my first ballet as a choreographer, so very dear to my heart, and is the result of five years of research and collaboration with an exceptional creative team. I cannot wait to share it with you, even if it’s slightly later than we originally planned.”   
Tamara Rojo, Artistic Director, English National Ballet

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We will be issuing you with a credit voucher to the value of your cancelled tickets which you can use to book yourself into an alternative date.  

You should receive an email confirmation from our Box Office team with your credit voucher attached within 24 hours. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive this. 

Your credit voucher can be used as soon as you receive it and will be valid until 23 January. Please note that performances on Tuesday 18 January and Wednesday 19 January will be available to book from noon on Friday 7 January. 

If you do not use your voucher, its amount will be refunded to you. If you can’t attend any of the performances, please email box.office@eno.org with your transaction number (4397275) to request a refund. 

Thank you for your support and understanding. 

The London Coliseum

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1

I was sooooo looking forward to this, but the performance I had booked is cancelled.  Of course, I feel more sorry for Rojo and her hard-working dancers that I do for myself. I wonder if anyone knows - if I choose a refund, will it be ENB or the Coliseum who lose out?  I'd happily donate to ENB for whom I feel great sympathy, but although I enjoy going to the Coliseum I'd not choose to give them my limited funds.

I can't help feeling it might make ENB's life easier if only they were able to do the same as Dutch National Ballet! Though of course they can't because the Coliseum is otherwise occupied in April. These repeatedly-changing performance dates for Raymonda must be a logistical nightmare for them.

Edited by Dawnstar
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, li tai po said:

Dutch National Ballet have been in rehearsal for their new production of Raymonda for several weeks.  They have just announced that they are postponing the premiere from February to April.

I don't want to derail this ENB thread, but is the DNB's version completely new or an adaptation of what we are familiar with?

How disappointing for them. 

Although one potential positive (if it can be called that) is perhaps it makes it more likely for this to be revived next year (in London or other locations). Often we have to wait a few years for a revival (?)

obviously still doesn’t make up for a truncated premiere but if it means a guaranteed run not too far in the future when we see (hopefully finally) past the stage of covid cancelling performances I suppose that’s something to look forward to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, li tai po said:

Dutch National Ballet have been in rehearsal for their new production of Raymonda for several weeks.  They have just announced that they are postponing the premiere from February to April.

Oh thank you for this information as I had already cancelled my trip to Holland for the premiere as there were just too many restrictions to get into Holland, I was tipped off that this may happen.  Very happy to say I got full refunds for everything though as fortuitously for me flights were changed which allowed me to claim a refund!  April will be nicer in Holland anyway and if I can make it I will.  Now my only "problem" is that ENB have put Frola on on the 20th when I have a ticket for 21st 😞  Might just have to go to both 🙂

13 minutes ago, Don Q Fan said:

Now my only "problem" is that ENB have put Frola on on the 20th when I have a ticket for 21st 😞  Might just have to go to both 🙂

I share your problem! Though I'm not prepared to go 2 nights running in the current covid climate, which is a shame because under normal circumstances the Hawes/ Arrieta cast would have been my 2nd choice of cast. So I too have booked another ticket & tried to console myself with the thought that even if one is wasted I've still paid less for the 2 together than if I'd bought 1 without that offer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Q Fan said:

Thanks for the heads up- I have now rebooked for the 20th using the offer as I was going to the 14th before.  Really hope they get their week of performances.

Feel so sorry for Tamara and the company- and for anyone trying to put any type of event on at the moment it is a logistical nightmare.

• Like 5

Just now, art_enthusiast said:

It says so on the Coliseum website - sold out for both.

Yes - I see that now. How is that possible if booking only opened a few minutes ago and the dates weren't even showing on the website at 12 noon??

Just now, bridiem said:

Yes - I see that now. How is that possible if booking only opened a few minutes ago and the dates weren't even showing on the website at 12 noon??

Because it is restricted, maybe just to the box office? 

4 minutes ago, cjps said:

Because it is restricted, maybe just to the box office? 

Well they didn't say that in the information provided. In fact they told you how to use your credit note to re-book online. I'm currently holding on to speak to the box office to ask about this.

Edited by bridiem
Added sentence

7 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Well they didn't say that in the information provided. In fact they told you how to use your credit note to re-book online. I'm currently holding on to speak to the box office to ask about this.

Yesterday the box office told me to ring them at about 2pm. (I had previously booked the 18th and 19th).