White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The red shoes said:

How can they offer out places before watching all the videos??? That’s very odd!! 

Both Tring and Hammond traditionally offer places after each audition day. My daughter was offered her Hammond place after its November audition ( in 2017) - despite there being another three audition dates to come ( Jan, Feb and March). So offering places before watching all videos is quite similar?

Edited by margarite

1 minute ago, margarite said:

Both Tring and Hammond traditionally offer places after each audition day. My daughter was offered her Hammond place after its November audition ( in 2017) - despite there being another three audition dates to come ( Jan, Feb and March). 

That’s a shame for those who sent in videos late as they may have offered out all their places to those who sent theirs in sooner x

Edited by The red shoes
Typo

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

That’s a shame for those who sent in videos late as they may have offered out all their places to those who sent theirs in sooner x

I think they offer places to everyone they like - all go back to the funding recall. There were around 40 at my daughters funding recall. When the video is watched doesn’t make a difference I shouldn’t think. 

1 hour ago, MrsR said:

I am bringing up the rear. Least organised dance mum! 

Haha, oh bless you.
Not as bad as me - gave up after one video application, both DS and I found that one so stressful that he said no thank you to doing any more this year (and tbh I was so very glad at the time). Slightly regretting it now though. Oops! 

14 minutes ago, margarite said:

I think they offer places to everyone they like - all go back to the funding recall. There were around 40 at my daughters funding recall. When the video is watched doesn’t make a difference I shouldn’t think. 

But just suppose they offer places to all those they like and then only a few get funded but all the rest who turned up can afford fees... surely they will be oversubscribed 🤷🏼‍♀️🤔

26 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

But just suppose they offer places to all those they like and then only a few get funded but all the rest who turned up can afford fees... surely they will be oversubscribed 🤷🏼‍♀️🤔

Fairly certain in the current climate everyone being able to afford non funded places is not going to be an issue. Also, a good number of those that get offered one school may well get more than one offer- I think Tring have done multiple audition sessions for a few years- not sure about the others but it must work ok. As long as everyone gets same same chance at going for the funding audition no matter when their first audition was then shouldn’t be a problem

19 minutes ago, Macy1 said:

Fairly certain in the current climate everyone being able to afford non funded places is not going to be an issue. Also, a good number of those that get offered one school may well get more than one offer- I think Tring have done multiple audition sessions for a few years- not sure about the others but it must work ok. As long as everyone gets same same chance at going for the funding audition no matter when their first audition was then shouldn’t be a problem

Just wondered, as we might not have much time to prepare for finals, do tring or hammond expect them to perform their solos again in finals? Wondering whether she needs to practise it! Or is it only in prelims x 

2 minutes ago, Whiteduvet said:

So if you can afford fees do you just get straight in? Or do you still have to get through the funding audition and then turn it down???

I believe the offer is for a non funded place in  September with an invite to funding final in March, if you can fund i guess you turn down the funding final and just register for the school, this is how I think it works but someone may correct me 😊 xx

1 hour ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

I believe the offer is for a non funded place in  September with an invite to funding final in March, if you can fund i guess you turn down the funding final and just register for the school, this is how I think it works but someone may correct me 😊 xx

I think if you can afford the fees you have a place. The funding final is to see who gets allocated mds funding. However even if you can afford the fees then you can still apply for mds...but this is means tested..most applying (like us) could only afford to go with mds so for us it is lovely we can say she has got in somewhere, but she won't be going unless she gets an mds place. If she doesn't get mds, we will have to give up our non funded place x 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Just wondered, as we might not have much time to prepare for finals, do tring or hammond expect them to perform their solos again in finals? Wondering whether she needs to practise it! Or is it only in prelims x 

Hammond’s funding finals didn’t require the solo again. It was a ballet class, a creative movement class and a musical theatre workshop. If it’s not in person this year this might change of course. 

35 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

So.... anyone had anymore views on their WL video? We are still only the one back in November for about 6 minutes I think? I can’t remember now.. it’s all becoming a blur 😂😂

Same. Ours was late December/early Jan (a few days after we submitted) and for about 3 minutes. I only know because that’s the only one we’ve applied to so feeling a little fixated on watching for any change at all there. 😂 

Edited by BalletBoyMumma

13 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Same. Ours was late December/early Jan (a few days after we submitted) and for about 3 minutes. I only know because that’s the only one we’ve applied to so feeling a little fixated on watching for any change at all there. 😂 

Nothing since the first week of Jan...not sure how long for which I assume was to check the link...x

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

So.... anyone had anymore views on their WL video? We are still only the one back in November for about 6 minutes I think? I can’t remember now.. it’s all becoming a blur 😂😂

Only had the one view here a few days after submission for around 5 1/2 minutes xx

I guess they haven’t even started looking yet then. I do often wonder how much communication there is between schools - there must be at least some. Are WL always the last to audition/reply?
I’m not really very clued up on the process - trying to forget about it all until an email pops up but that’s way easier said than done. 

Just now, BalletBoyMumma said:

I guess they haven’t even started looking yet then. I do often wonder how much communication there is between schools - there must be at least some. Are WL always the last to audition/reply?
I’m not really very clued up on the process - trying to forget about it all until an email pops up but that’s way easier said than done. 

They’ve definitely been watching the videos but it appears only one watch so far.... this is going to take an age!!!! 

• Like 1

We’ve had two watches, one for 3 and a half minutes at the beginning of December and one for 30 seconds(?!) mid January-ish. DS asks every day if we have heard! I’m starting to think it’s worse now he’s heard back from Tring and Hammond as he seems to think they must all now be due to tell us! 

• Like 1

My DS video was via OneDrive (the free version) so have no idea if it's been watched or not. Still, that doesn't stop me checking email loads more than usual, not to mention viewing this forum! 🤣 But RBS surely has the most applications of any of the dance schools, so it will be bound to take ages...How many minutes total were people's videos anyway? Ours was only just over 10...

Edited by TwirlyWhirly
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bunny said:

We’ve had two watches, one for 3 and a half minutes at the beginning of December and one for 30 seconds(?!) mid January-ish. DS asks every day if we have heard! I’m starting to think it’s worse now he’s heard back from Tring and Hammond as he seems to think they must all now be due to tell us! 

Oh bless him. I hope we hear soon and it’s good news for your DS. 

My DS has written himself out of the competition (as he’s struggled so much with zoom and emotionally and he really knows it) that he doesn’t even ask. This makes me simultaneously sad (for him) and very relieved (that if it’s a no then he’s going to be ok).

It doesn’t stop me from checking regularly though. 😬 So stressful! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

Last year the offer for year 7 boys White Lodge came on the 10th March, which I’m sure was earlier than we anticipated

They have given a date of 12th March for boys finals ( wishful thinking I feel) so I would hope we find out soon to prepare ..... if lucky enough too 🙏

10 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

Last year the offer for year 7 boys White Lodge came on the 10th March, which I’m sure was earlier than we anticipated

Last year my friends DS was offered his place on March 3rd. His prelim audition was January 19th I think and he found out he got to finals on January 27th. His final audition was on February 27th so different timescales for us this year!

36 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Oh bless him. I hope we hear soon and it’s good news for your DS. 

My DS has written himself out of the competition (as he’s struggled so much with zoom and emotionally and he really knows it) that he doesn’t even ask. This makes me simultaneously sad (for him) and very relieved (that if it’s a no then he’s going to be ok).

It doesn’t stop me from checking regularly though. 😬 So stressful! 

Thank you! I hope we all hear soon and it’s good news for all of us! 🥰

Oh bless your son, it’s been such a difficult time for them for the past year and dancing on Zoom is nothing like it is in the studio in person. They are so young and hopefully once he gets back to the studio he will be more confident and happy! And he definitely shouldn’t write himself off because you just never know! I’m keeping my fingers tightly crossed for him! x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

Thank you! I hope we all hear soon and it’s good news for all of us! 🥰

Oh bless your son, it’s been such a difficult time for them for the past year and dancing on Zoom is nothing like it is in the studio in person. They are so young and hopefully once he gets back to the studio he will be more confident and happy! And he definitely shouldn’t write himself off because you just never know! I’m keeping my fingers tightly crossed for him! x

Thank you. ❤️

It really has been such a strange year. 

Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long!!! 

1 hour ago, ponklemum said:

I know the closing date was the 5th Jan but do you think they’ve been assessing them from when they were given in? Even if it was to start putting them in to piles of yes, no, maybe. 

I think they must have been as my DS’s longer view (although still only short 😬) was December 1st!

1 hour ago, ponklemum said:

I know the closing date was the 5th Jan but do you think they’ve been assessing them from when they were given in? Even if it was to start putting them in to piles of yes, no, maybe. 

Yes most definitely as ours was viewed in the middle of November, 1 day after the original closing date xx