Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The red shoes said:

It says it was viewed in the last 60 minutes 

Oh ok! Ill check mine again. Is it youtube studio? I don't seem to get such accurate information on that. I can only see the date and amount of time, not the time of day and which part was viewed.

11 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Click on the video in studio then click on the statistic graphic then you can click it to views in last 7 days etc. I came across it by accident

Thanks, I tried that and it is still saying the same but the data is only visible up to 23rd. I'll check again tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Spamcat said:

Thanks, I tried that and it is still saying the same but the data is only visible up to 23rd. I'll check again tomorrow.

Mine took 24 hours to show the length of time watched for each video! I could see a view of each video but the analytics didn’t show up until this afternoon 👍

Just now, The red shoes said:

What did you click on to see length of time? How long were yours viewed for? 

In analytics I chose yesterday as the date and then each video shows duration of viewing ... video 1 was watched for 9mins 50sec, both other two were between 3 and 3.5 mins each but each video only watched once 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Does anyone know if the current associate teachers watch the videos or have any say over the result? 

I don't know but I hope so.

I've often wondered whether it is a whole team viewing them all and discussing or whether the videos are distributed between different judges and only one person decides, in which case it could be luck of the drawer as to what each judge preferred. I'm sure one of the teachers liked/noticed my DD at the insight day so I'm really hoping she views her video! 🤞

11 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

In analytics I chose yesterday as the date and then each video shows duration of viewing ... video 1 was watched for 9mins 50sec, both other two were between 3 and 3.5 mins each but each video only watched once 🤷🏻‍♀️

I swear I'm using a different YouTube studio to everyone else!??? 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

I swear I'm using a different YouTube studio to everyone else!??? 😂😂😂

I find it easier to use analytics on the desktop version rather than YT Studio.

Still only the very quick viewing of all our videos (around a minute) on Tuesday. Nothing more 😩

1 minute ago, BellaF said:

I find it easier to use analytics on the desktop version rather than YT Studio.

Still only the very quick viewing of all our videos (around a minute) on Tuesday. Nothing more 😩

Hey a minute is better than ten seconds! 😂😂😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Hey a minute is better than ten seconds! 😂😂😂

Not having been watched at all is better than having the briefest of views and being discounted 😂

I wonder if it could be in age order? My DD has just turned 10 so will be one of the oldest to audition and had her videos (albeit momentarily) watched on Tuesday.

Edited by BellaF

2 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Not having been watched at all is better than having the briefest of views and being discounted 😂

I wonder if it could be in age order? My DD has just turned 10 so will be one of the oldest to audition and had her videos (albeit momentarily) watched on Tuesday.

My Dd is end of August and youngest.

I think it is more likely that they have distributed the videos around different judges to view, working from home, within a certain time frame, and some have started and some have not. Also some may have quickly checked the links.

I know this all means nothing really but we are determined to drive ourselves mad! 🤪😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spamcat said:

I think it is more likely that they have distributed the videos around different judges to view, working from home, within a certain time frame, and some have started and some have not. Also some may have quickly checked the links.

I think @Spamcathas judged this well - PLEASE don't read too much into when your videos were viewed and for how long.  If the judges are viewing them from home in their own time there will be no rhyme or reason to it.  

I know this is really difficult but try not to read too much into what has been viewed and when.

(PS - I'm so glad that we didn't have videos auditions when my dd was doing this - it must be so much harder for you guys now!)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, balletboy8 said:

I was told by a parent today that she knows of Y5's that have been offered places in my DS JA class - so Y5s are getting in!

Is this for group 3? we would love to know of another so my dd can make a friend before going, haven’t heard of anyone else yet x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobbins said:

Is this for group 3? we would love to know of another so my dd can make a friend before going, haven’t heard of anyone else yet x

It is group 3 but the parent who shared this info didn't tell me who they are - they were girls from their DD school. My DS is Y5 at Eastleigh.

3 hours ago, The red shoes said:

Now I’m seeing that our first video has been watched twice with an average watch time of 3 mins ( I’m hoping that’s because they skip through the standing still parts etc). 2nd video 2.30 secs and 3rd video the same. Doesn’t fill me with confidence 

It means your DC is at least be considered - a good sign!