RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Ballerinamum said:

Honestly I wouldn't even try and guess.  As I said my daughter was a no and got loads of views.  It's one of those things you won't know until the day :)

with any such process  

there;s the 'hell yeah'   or ' no way '   answers that come straight  off the mark,  then  there is the  analysis of  those  who are on the borderlines  to get the ranking  around the  cut off of places and the quality line  cut off 

4 minutes ago, BillyElliot1 said:

Sorry for the not yets and well done to the yeses and SWL. We got a Yes! 🙂 Good luck to all those still waiting to hear audition results  xx

Congratulations! Was this a Year 4 or 5 space? (This is the hot topic for a lot of us 😂)

• Like 1

I wonder if that’s all of group 3 decided and informed, and if all eyes are on Group 4 Birmingham videos now?

Part of me hopes they’re now impatient to finish the epic 2020 JA audition process and not take another 3 weeks to make their decisions.

Though I’m sure as a matter of fairness they’ll take the full time. 

3 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

I wonder if that’s all of group 3 decided and informed, and if all eyes are on Group 4 Birmingham videos now?

Part of me hopes they’re now impatient to finish the epic 2020 JA audition process and not take another 3 weeks to make their decisions.

Though I’m sure as a matter of fairness they’ll take the full time. 

I think all Group 3 results were out on same day 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think Group 3 results were out in shy of 3 weeks (submission by 5th and results 23rd) so we can hope they will put us out of our misery ASAP 🤞🏻

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

I think all Group 3 results were out on same day 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think Group 3 results were out in shy of 3 weeks (submission by 5th and results 23rd) so we can hope they will put us out of our misery ASAP 🤞🏻

Haha, ‘out of our misery’, perfect choice of words!!! My thoughts exactly!

That’s really interesting about the dates for group 3. It would be a lovely thought to know by end of next week. I think, like most people, we took photos towards end of January, and regardless of the outcome, I’ll be happy to have a break from this process 😂 

Edited by BalletBoysDad
Grammar

2 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Haha, ‘out of our misery’, perfect choice of words!!! My thoughts exactly!

That’s really interesting about the dates for group 3. It would be a lovely thought to know by end of next week. I think, like most people, we took photos towards end of January, and regardless of the outcome, I’ll be happy to have a break from this process 😂 

My sentiment exactly - the thought of starting all over again in January is somewhat depressing but I will appreciate the few months of rest!! 
Have your videos now been watched? 🤞🏻

1 minute ago, Candycakes82 said:

My sentiment exactly - the thought of starting all over again in January is somewhat depressing but I will appreciate the few months of rest!! 
Have your videos now been watched? 🤞🏻

Other than a 10 second view of the first video, nothing yet. I wonder if they look at boys separately, who knows.... or they just review in the order the videos were submitted. We were very last minute in submitting the videos as my DS was unwell the days we intended to do the filming. Fortunately he perked up just in time to give it some effort before submission deadline. I genuinely though we ‘missed the window of opportunity’ for him to give it his best. 

All 3 videos have just been viewed again. The YT Studio phone app says ‘estimated watch time in last 48 hours 20 minutes’ but I think there’s a 24 hour lag in getting more accurate numbers. I can’t yet see how long each video part was viewed for.... I’m hoping I get a clearer idea tomorrow.

Not that it will affect the outcome, just for my peace of mind that the videos got a fair viewing. As others have said, many different eyes might be on these videos at different times, so a one day snapshot in time probably has no meaning whatsoever. 

Edited by BalletBoysDad
Spelling

10 hours ago, Spamcat said:

@BillyElliot1Another yrv5 yes, woohooo! 😃

Ours vids have just been watched.

7.5 mins of first vid

4 mins of second 

6 mins of third

A very similar amount of time to @Spamcatspent viewing the videos today (They were being watched this evening, around 7pm when I got off the train home). Approximately: 

9 mins of first vid

5 mins of second 

5 mins of third 

4 minutes ago, BellaF said:

No more views for us... no surprise based on videos!

Sounds promising for a lot of you 😊

Who knows... we genuinely won’t ever know what number of views, when, for how long etc mean. I’m sure they’ll all be looked at multiple times. All the views in the world could still result in a no. I really hope there’s not another YouTube auditions again because having access to the analytical data is borderline torment. No one would ever know in a studio audition! 

• Like 1

Sorry to any not yets and well done to the yes's and SWL's. We got SWL for group 3, DD has her heart completely set on a place so praying it materialises. It doesn't seem all that likely though. Hope group 4 decisions are out soon so you don't have to wait much longer!

Edited by DanceMum03
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, DanceMum03 said:

Sorry to any not yets and well done to the yes's and SWL's. We got SWL for group 3, DD has her heart completely set on a place so praying it materialises. It doesn't seem all that likely though. Hope group 4 decisions are out soon so you don't have to wait much longer!

Congratulations to your DD, sending positive vibes that that SWL place materialises. Was that for Y4 or Y5? 

1 hour ago, DanceMum03 said:

Well done to your DD, fingers crossed for her! Which centre was this for? I know of two SWL for yr 4 girls in Bath. I wonder how many SWL they have? 

1 minute ago, In at the deep end said:

Well done to your DD, fingers crossed for her! Which centre was this for? I know of two SWL for yr 4 girls in Bath. I wonder how many SWL they have? 

Thankyou, we are Totnes. Not sure if any others for there 

• Like 1