• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Are you applying for Birmingham? 

Yes.

Can see on Youtube that were watched yesterday. Does mention on the site that there is a 24 hour lag for views to show so could be that others videos have been viewed today.

2 hours ago, BellaF said:

So our videos have been watched for all of a few seconds 😂 Oh well, knew the audition didn't go brilliantly! 

I wonder if they just have a quick sweep of the videos to make sure they can clearly see the bits they will look at in more detail? Ours haven’t been looked at yet, but we pressed ‘submit’ almost at the deadline. 

6 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Only our first video looks like its had a view today but I can't see for how long. None on the other 2. I'm hoping they at least watch a bit from all three!

Same, looks like our first video has had a view this afternoon, but not the other 2. I’m at least slightly encouraged that the group 4 videos are being looked at before group 3 results have been announced. Although at the same time I’m sure we will have to wait the full 4 weeks to get the results. 

Edited by BalletBoysDad
Grammar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Same, looks like our first video has had a view this afternoon, but not the other 2. I’m at least slightly encouraged that the group 4 videos are being looked at before group 3 results have been announced. Although at the same time I’m sure we will have to wait the full 4 weeks to get the results. 

I'm sure they can't be ruling everyone out after one short view. Maybe someone is just checking links ahead of the judges viewing so that they can email parents if there are any problems. Always optimistic! 😂

Was the first video the longest one or was it the third? 
mom trying to work out if it’s the first or third video that has been watched. It looks like it’s the longest one ( approx 13 minutes in length) 

Just now, The red shoes said:

mom trying to work out if it’s the first or third video that has been watched. It looks like it’s the longest one ( approx 13 minutes in length) 

First was longest, about 13 minutes, then number two was 10 something and number three was 9 something. 

Looks like they are just checking first links.

3 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

First was longest, about 13 minutes, then number two was 10 something and number three was 9 something. 

Looks like they are just checking first links.

Ah ok! So it was her first video they’ve viewed/ checked it’s working. Will be interesting to see when/ if they look at the others 

7 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

The first video was the longest one, 13min49sec. 

I’m thinking this too! If the quality was really poor or the link didn’t work I presume they’d have opportunity to contact parents to suggest uploading to a different platform etc...

Though surely they would check each video? ... doubting myself now 

Just now, The red shoes said:

Maybe the first video is for screening purposes. If the candidate is suitable then they get sifted off to the next round to have all their videos viewed? Just my thoughts ... 

I would really hope that for 50 quid the judges at least watch a bit if each video! 

Did anyone in previous groups only get one video viewed before results?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

Maybe the first video is for screening purposes. If the candidate is suitable then they get sifted off to the next round to have all their videos viewed? Just my thoughts ... 

Part of me thought they’ve already had the photos to look at and consider. 

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

Though surely they would check each video? ... doubting myself now 

I wouldn’t worry. If the quality of the first video was ok, it would presumably be the same for the 2nd and 3rd (as filmed in the same space, on the same device, uploaded to the same platform). 

1 minute ago, Spamcat said:

I would really hope that for 50 quid the judges at least watch a bit if each video! 

Did anyone in previous groups only get one video viewed before results?

Yes I’d hope the same. In theory they might see a child who performs perfectly adequately in part 1, plenty of room for improvement in part 2, and does incredible improv in part 3... there are any number of possibilities and combinations that might catch their eye or attention.... at least that’s what I hope. 

Yes I’d hope the same. In theory they might see a child who performs perfectly adequately in part 1, plenty of room for improvement in part 2, and does incredible improv in part 3... there are any number of possibilities and combinations that might catch their eye or attention.... at least that

You described my DDs exact audition there! 😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

You described my DDs exact audition there! 😂

Maybe I’m a naive optimist, but I like to think that if every video was exactly the same, how on earth could they select? How someone recovers from a mistake might be as well noted and noticed as someone who does something perfectly. 

• Like 1

Yes very true, my friend brought her DS and DD here to do audition and during the inprov our cat walked right in front if her DD and was meowing really loudly and she just kept going and ignored the cat. I felt terrible but her Mum loved it because it showed how she carried on when something went wrong! 😻

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Maybe I’m a naive optimist, but I like to think that if every video was exactly the same, how on earth could they select? How someone recovers from a mistake might be as well noted and noticed as someone who does something perfectly. 

I could do with some of your optimism ... no views here yet so am concerned there was a pre-selection from photos which, in our case, would be sad as my DD has changed so much since they were taken 9 months ago! 😬

Just now, Candycakes82 said:

I could do with some of your optimism ... no views here yet so am concerned there was a pre-selection from photos which, in our case, would be sad as my DD has changed so much since they were taken 9 months ago! 😬

I'm sure they wouldn't do that, they would at least have to watch a bit of the video. There must be loads to get through so they are probably doing the rest tomorrow.

The photos were what, 8 months ago! They have all changed a lot in that time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

Birmingham is presumably the 2nd biggest centre with a huge catchment area. I would imagine it’d take several days to go through all the videos even just to check if the quality is suitable. So I personally wouldn’t worry if some have been viewed and others not.

I do agree on the photos though, I think we took ours on miserable February morning in a freezing cold studio, after making a video for an intensive application. He was tired and the look on his face on one of the pics looked less than impressed 😂 But my DS has had a massive growth spurt since the and his turnout is now leagues apart from what the photos might show. I feel the photos are a bit of an unfair representation given so much time has passed. Compared to the video it’s like looking at another dancer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Yes very true, my friend brought her DS and DD here to do audition and during the inprov our cat walked right in front if her DD and was meowing really loudly and she just kept going and ignored the cat. I felt terrible but her Mum loved it because it showed how she carried on when something went wrong! 😻

Absolutely! We had an ambulance pass, people stop outside for a  ridiculously loud chat (the pavement being really close to our living room window), kids shouting whilst walking past.... I didn’t realise how noisy our road was until we filmed that video! 

Absolutely! We had an ambulance pass, people stop outside for a  ridiculously loud chat (the pavement being really close to our living room window), kids shouting whilst walking past.... I didn’t realise how noisy our road was until we filmed that video! 

That's all good if he remained focused! Could actually go in his favour.👍 

At the time we were really happy with our pictures, compared to her audition pictures from last year ot was like looking at a different child! But looking at them now I can see her turnout has improved a lot since then after doing excersises set by her teacher.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

That's all good if he remained focused! Could actually go in his favour.👍 

At the time we were really happy with our pictures, compared to her audition pictures from last year ot was like looking at a different child! But looking at them now I can see her turnout has improved a lot since then after doing excersises set by her teacher.

I thought that too. My DS’s Y5 pictures were a lot better than Y4, but surely the audition team will appreciate how much time has since passed. Maybe (he says, knowing he will never know the answer) clear improvement between photos from then and video from now is a good indication of progress....