RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The red shoes said:

We are year 4 and our videos have been looked at a few times.. the first video has been viewed 4 times.. the most recent view was a few hours ago 

Perhaps being November born your dd is one of the oldest.. would fit theory of viewing by age. 

1 minute ago, Spamcat said:

My friend has a year4 July born and last time she checked had no views. Although she is not such a nutcase as me and doesn't check every 20 seconds! 😂

I think once ours have been viewed I will relax more and wait for results. It’s the no views I dislike! 

• Like 2

Although my DD is August born (yr5) and had her video viewed 2 days before her friend who is May born, so can't be strictly in age order. I really think that the videos have just been given to different judges who are viewing at different times.

• Like 1

My DS is July born. I remember taking him to his Y4 London audition. They were lined up by number which was dictated by age.  My DS was last but one in the queue , and second from youngest. He said they performed in lines of 3, so presumably they were looking at children within the upper age limit, middle, then younger limit. Maybe they’re working roughly in that way this year, looking at year 5 first then year 4 second...?

I'm so glad I didn't have any vimeo or YouTube intel for my DD's audition as I would have been over analysing just like you lot are 😆

Seriously, I don't think you can read anything into how much/how long the videos are viewed as some might be a yes or no straight away, and others take longer to decide, whether it is an eventual yes or no. So none of it will really tell you anything. Easy for me to say, I know! 

My DD got a yes for Y4 London but when I view her videos I can see a lot of places where she could have performed better/made mistakes so you just never know...

1 hour ago, Spamcat said:

We still only have our views from 3 days ago. Can anyone from previous groups shed a light on what any of this indicates? 🤔

Think it seems difficult to tell much from the amount of views. My dd was grp2 & is on swl. Videos were partially watched once shortly after submitted, then 1st video was partially viewed again but not the others. 
Good luck & hope all waiting to hear hear v soon. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Candycakes82 said:

Assume they must be looking at the two years separately and we must still have some time yet to wait for the outcome ... I am just very impatient!!!!

Me too! We applied for London last year and we were the last centre to wait for. I think Birmingham was first. I thought Birmingham would be first again this year, so typical we have the longest wait again! Are you waiting for a Y5 result too? 

7 hours ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Me too! We applied for London last year and we were the last centre to wait for. I think Birmingham was first. I thought Birmingham would be first again this year, so typical we have the longest wait again! Are you waiting for a Y5 result too? 

Yes Year 5!

On 30/10/2020 at 16:23, BalletBoysDad said:

I’m seeing that videos part 1 and part 3 has been quickly viewed again within the last hour, only for a couple of minutes each, but no other views of video part 2... 

I just checked and ours were also viewed for a couple of minutes each on video 1 and 3 on Friday. For some reason it wasn't showing up when I checked yesterday.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

I just checked and ours were also viewed for a couple of minutes each on video 1 and 3 on Friday. For some reason it wasn't showing up when I checked yesterday.

If you look at the analytics on the phone app, they are instant, happening in realtime.  if you look at the analytics on a desktop/laptop, they take around 24/48 hours to update.  So it looks like we've had roughly the same number/timing of viewings, and the 2nd video ignored second time round...

I’m sure there are far more important and worrisome consequences of the upcoming national lockdown than a ballet associates application, but it did make me wonder if they’ll be keen to get this all wrapped up and decided within this third week, or if it will cause inevitable delay to eventually deciding group 4...

Just now, BalletBoysDad said:

I’m sure there are far more important and worrisome consequences of the upcoming national lockdown than a ballet associates application, but it did make me wonder if they’ll be keen to get this all wrapped up and decided within this third week, or if it will cause inevitable delay to eventually deciding group 4...

They’ll wrap it up I think. They are going to have hundreds of White lodge/ MA videos to look through soon !!! 

6 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

If you look at the analytics on the phone app, they are instant, happening in realtime.  if you look at the analytics on a desktop/laptop, they take around 24/48 hours to update.  So it looks like we've had roughly the same number/timing of viewings, and the 2nd video ignored second time round...

I'm not getting too hopeful but it must at least mean that they have not been instantly chucked in the bin because surely they wouldn't waste time on second viewings if this was the case? Always optimistic me! 😁

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

They’ll wrap it up I think. They are going to have hundreds of White lodge/ MA videos to look through soon !!! 

Yes i get the feeling we won't have to wait much longer now! 😬🤞🤞🤞

39 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Yes. I see those deadlines are 17th November, so technically they could take 2 weeks to keep looking at Group 4, but hopefully they’ll just want in wrapped up (like us!!!) 

7 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Yes. I see those deadlines are 17th November, so technically they could take 2 weeks to keep looking at Group 4, but hopefully they’ll just want in wrapped up (like us!!!) 

Or they may want a bit of a break in between 🤞🏻I think we will know end of this week 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

I'm not getting too hopeful but it must at least mean that they have not been instantly chucked in the bin because surely they wouldn't waste time on second viewings if this was the case? Always optimistic me! 😁

The optimist in me says the second views for my DS mean he’s hopefully (at this stage) still in with a chance.

The cynic in me says that chance is, at very best, another year with SWL. He’s at the very youngest end of the year group, and my (unproved) gut feeling is that they go for the older end of each year group. 

Only time will tell I guess, but hoping it’s this week that her than next.

It’s more to have the peace of mind that that extremely lengthy process is over and we can focus on other things. Some of the summer courses have January application deadlines, so preparing the application videos for that during lockdown will present its own unique challenges I’m sure.

1 minute ago, Isabella said:

No, nothing at all. 

That’s very strange. Do you think you’ll email and ask? I would have thought that the current JA students will already be in fixed groups, and any new group will be a mix of new Y4s and Y5s. So surely they can’t give results until all auditions have been fairly viewed? 

3 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

Still no year 4 views here. So I can’t see results being anytime soon.. 

Given the representation in this group, there appears to be more places given this year to Y4s, against previous  years where they apparently give more places to Y5s.... so again, it would make sense that the Y4s will get a thorough review of videos before any final results are sent out...