RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about last minute. We filmed the audition this afternoon and I have just pressed ‘submit’ on the application. In my head, we live on a quiet street and there would be minimal distractions. But according to the video, we had, right outside the living room window where we were filming (in no particular order, and not limited to) an ambulance, Ocado deliveries, barking dogs, passers by stop literally outside our window to join other in having a chat, someone bouncing a football very loudly, boy racers... 

It felt like the equivalent of having a real life audition and letting a pack of wolves into the room. How my DS managed to concentrate and try and block out all that distraction is beyond me. Whatever the outcome, I think all the DC’s must have done an incredible job dealing with and overcoming the most challenging and unconventional of circumstances! The reality of this kind of audition seems much more challenging than it sounds.

Best of luck to all the DCs, their parents/family/guardians/friends and dance teachers that champion them on! 

• Like 8

On 16/10/2020 at 13:03, BellaF said:

Filmed ours this morning... so hard not to scream at DD to stretch her feet and tuck her bum in!

Not holding our much hope... judging by the exercises I don't think RBS is for her 😂

Good luck to everyone 

Sounds familiar! Good luck 🤞🏻

6 minutes ago, MissP said:

Our daughter was a yes for London YR4. Good luck to the other children who are still waiting for their results and well done  to everyone else. The video audition was certainly an experience!  

Well done to your daughter! 

13 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

Congratulations to your daughter! Was London group 3? 
Deadline for group 4 today I believe, anybody know when we should roughly expect results .. 

I think they said that they ‘aim’ to give results back within a month. I don’t know if that’s a full calendar month or roughly 4 weeks. So I guess that’s at the very earliest Friday 13th November, or some time the following week 

2 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Have they viewed Group 3’s videos yet? How long after closing date did they view them?

I only submitted Beau’s on the 4th and can see it’s been watched several times over the last week  - don’t know how much of it’s been watched though! 

5 hours ago, rudolph23 said:

Has anyone heard of any Year 5 yes’s?  I haven’t heard of any.  They seem to be quite thin on the ground...

I've been thinking the same, not seen a single year 5. Not looking like there is much hope for yr 5s. 😔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

I've been thinking the same, not seen a single year 5. Not looking like there is much hope for yr 5s. 😔

I know of 2 girls who have got Year 5 places in London but agree the majority of places seem to be for Year 4! 
Yay a whole month to drive myself crazy still 😂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

I know of 2 girls who have got Year 5 places in London but agree the majority of places seem to be for Year 4! 

It is nice to know there are some, I was beginning to think that they aren't taking any year 5s at all! Yes a month of craziness, I am already checking every 5 minutes to see if the videos have been viewed. 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Candycakes82 said:

At least there are some then.  Significantly smaller numbers than other years though I think 👍

• Like 1

@Spamcat I've managed to transfer my DD audition to Birmingham, since starting at Elmhurst last month. Bath is no longer possible for us to get to. We'd previously been to Bath on an insight day and had a private lesson this summer with the Bath JA teacher. I know nothing about Birmingham JA! Do you? Do you know what time the classes are? I've heard they're afternoons in Royal Birmingham building? Thank you ☺

19 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

@Spamcat I've managed to transfer my DD audition to Birmingham, since starting at Elmhurst last month. Bath is no longer possible for us to get to. We'd previously been to Bath on an insight day and had a private lesson this summer with the Bath JA teacher. I know nothing about Birmingham JA! Do you? Do you know what time the classes are? I've heard they're afternoons in Royal Birmingham building? Thank you ☺

They are usually held at the BRB studios joined into the hippodrome which is always a delight to wait in their foyer however due to Covid they couldn’t have lots of children in every week and just Keir studios for the company so now at Nicholson studios about 10 minutes away 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

Oh that is good that they let you change. We had this problem last year when we auditioned for Bath but my DD only got into Elmhurst so it didn't matter in the end. I don't know much about Birmingham JA, apart from that a couple of DDs Elmhurst classmates also go to JA so the classes don't clash and are in the afternoon. We went to the insight day in the Birmingham Royal ballet building where the classes are held and met one if the teachers who is lovely. My DD loved it!

Which Elmhurst group is your DD in?

• Like 1

Actually I've just realised I remember that insight day very fondly as one if the last things I did with DD that seemed completely normal without worrying about covid. We went shopping at the bullring, had a drink in a packed bar in Chinatown, did the insight day lesson, then afterwards went for a pizza in a bustling restaurant. Seems like a lifetime ago! 😢

• Like 1

Thank you @The red shoes and @Spamcat that's useful information. That sounds like a wonderful day out!! (Those were the days......)

I was told children are never normally allowed to change their audition, we were only allowed because I asked before Group 3 (Bath) or Group 4 (Birmingham) had been submitted. It was a one off, I was lucky 😉 It probably makes no difference, as JA places are even harder to get this year! But it made no sense to apply for somewhere we couldn't go. 

We're Purple group, 08.45 in Elmhurst 😊

• Like 1