RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

Ohhh how exciting that it might be so soon! 

Having had a cursory view right at the beginning we’ve resigned ourselves to a not yet. 

Have everything crossed for some positive results on here though - good luck everyone 😊 

• Like 3

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Having had a cursory view right at the beginning we’ve resigned ourselves to a not yet. 

Have everything crossed for some positive results on here though - good luck everyone 😊 

I’ve just resigned myself to the fact that, regardless of the outcome, this was an immensely difficult year for all applicants. Looking at the number from the annual reports, there seems an ever-increasing number of applicants each year. (I remember Elmhurst saying in their correspondence they were also dealing with a record number of applicants). And this has presumably coincided within a year where COVID restrictions have ‘created’ fewer spaces than ever. I’ll be happy when this (10 month?) process is over, regardless of the outcome. 😅 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BellaF said:

We've still had no more views here either. A total of four minutes watched across the three videos. My DD isn't bothered as she's really happy at Elmhurst YD, but I'd have hoped for a few more minutes of viewing! Still, it's good experience. Fingers crossed for everyone here 🍀

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

We haven’t had any more views in the past week. 
min total we had 12 minutes viewed of the 1st video over 3 watches and 5 minutes of the 2nd and 5 minutes of the 3rd.... who knows what any of this means 🤷🏼‍♀️

Were roughly the same. Totals of 12min of 1st video (3 views), 6min of 2nd video (1 view), 6min of 3rd video (2 views). Nothing watched this week except a minute of 3rd video. With so few places I imagine selection will come down to impossibly fine details/comparison between applicants. But I guess we will never know what any of this means.  🤷‍♂️ 

On 04/11/2020 at 09:12, In at the deep end said:

I've still only had 2 mins of 1st video, then 1 minute each for 2nd and 3rd videos 😕

My DD only had 30 sec of each of her three videos and got on the SWL. You just can’t tell. 🤞for you all. 

• Like 2

Just now, SarahG1881 said:

That’s promising. 
30 seconds isn’t much at all is it. X

Yeah, I had completely dismissed her getting a place or being on the SWL with so little being watched. So I was completely shocked when we got the email. They were all only watched once as well. You just can’t second guess. Xx

1 minute ago, SarahT said:

Yeah, I had completely dismissed her getting a place or being on the SWL with so little being watched. So I was completely shocked when we got the email. They were all only watched once as well. You just can’t second guess. Xx

That’s so surprising!! I mean obviously wonderful for your DD but odd that they can see all they need to see in the 1st video in only 30secs. They look at feet, flexibility and turnout in that video which runs over a good few minutes. 
Well done to your DD . I hope a place becomes available for her x

5 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

That’s so surprising!! I mean obviously wonderful for your DD but odd that they can see all they need to see in the 1st video in only 30secs. They look at feet, flexibility and turnout in that video which runs over a good few minutes. 
Well done to your DD . I hope a place becomes available for her x

Our first video has been re watched 3 times for 30 seconds each time. I’d love to know which part they’re watching. She has lovely posture and turnout but her flexibility is ‘ok’ better than average but could be better also. 
Her froggy isn’t flat which is what concerns me, should it be flat at 8? 

Every time someone posts on here my email notification goes off and my stomach jumps out of my throat thinking it might be the result! 😬🙈🤢

Can't be long now, good luck group 4s I hope we see some yeses on here!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Every time someone posts on here my email notification goes off and my stomach jumps out of my throat thinking it might be the result! 😬🙈🤢

Can't be long now, good luck group 4s I hope we see some yeses on here!

Is today possibly the day for frantic refreshing? 😬

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SarahG1881 said:

Our first video has been re watched 3 times for 30 seconds each time. I’d love to know which part they’re watching. She has lovely posture and turnout but her flexibility is ‘ok’ better than average but could be better also. 
Her froggy isn’t flat which is what concerns me, should it be flat at 8? 

My DD is a JA, her froggy wasn’t great at all when she auditioned 2019 so I really wouldn’t worry about that 😊

25 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

We submitted our application on the 29th January, 283 days ago. Next Friday will be 290 days. Not sure I’d have the mental capacity to submit another application in January 🤦‍♂️

I KNOW! 

And seeing that WL auditions are now video looks like will be the same painful process all over again 😫

1 minute ago, BellaF said:

I KNOW! 

And seeing that WL auditions are now video looks like will be the same painful process all over again 😫

I was geekily googling what can be achieved in less than 283 days. Having a baby from conception to birth is one of them. 😂 But in some form of seriousness, even if this is the only ‘fair way’ they feel they can hold auditions, it’s a disappointingly protracted process. 2020 has been a grim year full stop, and what started out as an exciting application now feels a bit overshadowed by it being drawn out too long for both child and parent/guardian/tutor expectations. 

We were new to all of this in the Spring and I have to say that now I’m aware of other options, I can’t honestly say that we’ll pay £65 for another video application if that’s the route they take next year. We’ll just have to see how things are I guess! Fingers crossed to all of you still waiting, with any luck it’ll be Monday and you can all relax a bit! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

My dd has already said she’ll try again if she isn’t successful but £65.. 😮 

With maybe 1300 applicants a year it’s surely a much needed source of revenue. But with the process being so long and tedious this year, I cynically wonder if the application fee has been raised as there may possibly be fewer applicants next year off-put by an almost 300 day process... though the Royal Ballet will always have the prestige of being ‘Royal’ so maybe applicant numbers only increase... My DS says he will want to reapply and I admire his determination. But part of me thinks there won’t have been much time passed between the applications.

Edited by BalletBoysDad
Spelling