RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

@BellaF I'm sure your videos will get viewed properly. I know of another who still only has a few seconds viewed. They have a lot to get through.

@DanceMum03 congratulations on SWL, I hope a place comes up. 🤞🤞

@BellaFWith at least 2.5 weeks until decisions/results, I’m sure there is plenty of time for thorough viewings. Ours were being viewed rather late last night, around 715-745pm. It makes me think what someone else mentioned earlier, that different assessors have each been given a batch of applications and might be looking at them within their own time. Ours definitely weren't viewed within ‘office hours’. 

Thanks @BalletBoysDad and @Spamcat 😊 

Think we're going to view this year as a 'trial run' - DD didn't show her full potential in the audition and had a different attitude going into it than Elmhurst YD or Tring CBA which comes across in the video (like I said upthread she didn't even TRY to stretch her feet 😂). 

Really hope we have some good news for people on here in the not too distant future 🤞

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Thanks @BalletBoysDad and @Spamcat 😊 

Think we're going to view this year as a 'trial run' - DD didn't show her full potential in the audition and had a different attitude going into it than Elmhurst YD or Tring CBA which comes across in the video (like I said upthread she didn't even TRY to stretch her feet 😂). 

Really hope we have some good news for people on here in the not too distant future 🤞

I'm totally with you about the home setting.  There's an energy I see in my DS when he goes into and comes out of the ballet studio that genuinely can't be replicated at home, in front of a pre-recorded class.  Zoom works when there's a real-life human being in front of you to impress (like the Elmhurst zoom audition).  And Tring CBA audition had a degree of 'positive tension' that no doubt causes some constructive adrenaline to kick in and genuinely try and impress.  I do think the pre-recorded element has its limitations, and even if it allows the RBS still to see what they feel they need to see, I don't think it gets the most out of a younger dancer.  Lets see what news the future brings..... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BillyElliot1 said:

Hi everyone- hope you are all well. Does anyone at Eastleigh know which day the JA1 class will be in Jan? Is it still on Saturday or has it changed to Sunday? Many thanks x

I'm not involved in any planning so the following is what I know but may not be the whole story.. Currently lessons are Saturday morning but some parents have been asked whether they would mind changing their times to the afternoon. I think this is so that there can be an additional class to enable social distancing when new pupils join but this is just my thoughts. I was not approached for this and so assume my DS morning lesson continues as is 😀

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, balletboy8 said:

I'm not involved in any planning so the following is what I know but may not be the whole story.. Currently lessons are Saturday morning but some parents have been asked whether they would mind changing their times to the afternoon. I think this is so that there can be an additional class to enable social distancing when new pupils join but this is just my thoughts. I was not approached for this and so assume my DS morning lesson continues as is 😀

Brilliant, thank you @balletboy8 😊

10 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

If you are concerned maybe email the admissions team and check .. at least it will put your mind at ease?

10 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

If you are concerned maybe email the admissions team and check .. at least it will put your mind at ease?

I think I will if no views by the end of the week. 

We’re applying for Y5. My DS is a summer baby, but also has a surname beginning with 'A'. We also submitted nearly at the deadline. It’s hard to know how they’ll work through the videos, or if it’s totally random. 

I imagine Birmingham has a huge number of applicants, as it was its own group like London. 

21 hours ago, DanceMum03 said:

Sorry to any not yets and well done to the yes's and SWL's. We got SWL for group 3, DD has her heart completely set on a place so praying it materialises. It doesn't seem all that likely though. Hope group 4 decisions are out soon so you don't have to wait much longer!

Well done, my daughter also has SWL for group 3 so fingers crossed for them both! X

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

I’m seeing that videos part 1 and part 3 has been quickly viewed again within the last hour, only for a couple of minutes each, but no other views of video part 2... 

Same for us but just video 1. It’s been watched 5 times in total! The other two only watched once . They definitely get what they need from video 1 I think 

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

Same for us but just video 1. It’s been watched 5 times in total! The other two only watched once . They definitely get what they need from video 1 I think 

Yes, last week was 9/10 min of part 1, 5 min part 2, 5 min part 3. Today is 2 min of part 1, 1 min of part 3. Each video has only been viewed twice. Definitely paying most attention to video 1.

56 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Yes, last week was 9/10 min of part 1, 5 min part 2, 5 min part 3. Today is 2 min of part 1, 1 min of part 3. Each video has only been viewed twice. Definitely paying most attention to video 1.

Same here, a few days ago videos 1 and 3 viewed but for significantly shorter ... 1.24 video 1 and 10 seconds for video 3 ... who knows what this means 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

1 minute ago, Candycakes82 said:

Same here, a few days ago videos 1 and 3 viewed but for significantly shorter ... 1.24 video 1 and 10 seconds for video 3 ... who knows what this means 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Me too, I was thinking about 3pm ‘It’s half term and nice to have a weekend not to be thinking about ballet’, then I make the tragic mistake of looking at YouTube, and my mind is now working overtime 🤪🤯

14 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Me too, I was thinking about 3pm ‘It’s half term and nice to have a weekend not to be thinking about ballet’, then I make the tragic mistake of looking at YouTube, and my mind is now working overtime 🤪🤯

You and me both!!! Is there anyone still waiting for first views? 

• Like 1