Royal Ballet Winter Season Booking

I know this sort of thing has been discussed before, but I can't remember the outcome: does 'sold out' for an Insight actually mean no more tickets ever (unless there are returns), or just no more available now? i.e. are any tickets held back for later stages of booking?

24 minutes ago, bridiem said:

I know this sort of thing has been discussed before, but I can't remember the outcome: does 'sold out' for an Insight actually mean no more tickets ever (unless there are returns), or just no more available now? i.e. are any tickets held back for later stages of booking?

Before the event appeared on the website, I called the Box Office to ask about it and was told it was already sold out.  Presumably Premium Friends must have booked it by phone.  I was, however, told that a proportion of tickets had been held back and would be released when Public Booking opens.

Edited to add that the Education Department usually keeps some Insight event tickets back and releases them at an unspecified date if it's decided that they're not needed.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lizbie1 said:

Can anyone remember how accurate the given running time of 2 hours 30 minutes (including 2 intervals) for Onegin is likely to be? I don't want to chance it too much with booking a fixed ticket to get home.

Just checked an old cast sheet which gives the timings below (i.e. 2 hours 30 minutes seems pretty accurate)

Act I 38 minutes

Interval 25 minutes

Act II 28 minutes

Interval 25 minutes

Act III 27 minutes

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Can anyone give any indication of the prices for Onegin, especially the cheaper stalls circle, please? If they were compared with autumn prices are they more comparable to Manon, Sleeping Beauty etc? Many thanks. 

Same as Manon I think.

Strictly speaking this should probably be under the Autumn Season booking...am not sure.

But can anyone enlighten as to why the Kaneko/Clarke Sleeping Beauty on Saturday December 7th is not on sale.

It can't be a schools performance surely? 

If anyone is in the know.... is it likely that any tickets will become available to the general public at some point? 

Many thanks 

Linda 

Ha ha not edited by me it wouldn't let me but just to add am sad is only chance to see Kaneko and Clarke 

I have to say this Sleeping Beauty is really popular can't really get any of the seats I usually go for no matter who I choose to dance though haven't even looked at Osipova /Hallberg as assumed they would be even harder to book! 

Its good that it's sold well but may have to wait nearer the time to see if can get a reasonable ticket.....I'm not for instance going to pay £98 to be blocked by a pillar and/or rail bar etc etc! 

And I think £98 is too much to pay for Amphi seats even though have good view. 

Thanks Riva I did know but can't make that date unfortunately.

Im sort of thinking O Sullivan and Hay in December now .....there's a couple of end of row seats under £98 left but one of those is a Thursday matinee I just want to ring up and check it's not a schools matinee etc!

Its been hard to decide who to see but Kaneko and Clarke were first choice for this ballet!

4 hours ago, LinMM said:

Thanks Riva I did know but can't make that date unfortunately.

Im sort of thinking O Sullivan and Hay in December now .....there's a couple of end of row seats under £98 left but one of those is a Thursday matinee I just want to ring up and check it's not a schools matinee etc!

Its been hard to decide who to see but Kaneko and Clarke were first choice for this ballet!

The 5 December matinée is not a schools matinée.

• Like 1

Have now booked the 5th Matinee and as it is my birthday week have paid a bit more than I was planning to but for a seat in the Stalls Circle.....got to be at least seven years since I've sat there ....2012 was last time! 

Am not sure about O' Sullivan but is this James Hay's debut in the role? 

37 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Have now booked the 5th Matinee and as it is my birthday week have paid a bit more than I was planning to but for a seat in the Stalls Circle.....got to be at least seven years since I've sat there ....2012 was last time! 

Am not sure about O' Sullivan but is this James Hay's debut in the role? 

O'Sullivan debut. James Hay was a lovely Florimund in the last run.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

Credit where credit's due: this morning's Friends+ Winter booking went extremely smoothly and I didn't even have to queue! I wonder whether they beefed up the infrastructure following the trouble with Friends+ Autumn booking.

Yes maybe but there are other possible explanations. See other discussions on the Forum about the new “dynamic” (higher) prices: it could be that as a result fewer people are trying for tickets (or at least not trying for so many tickets) and that has reduced the pressure. 

15 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yes maybe but there are other possible explanations. See other discussions on the Forum about the new “dynamic” (higher) prices: it could be that as a result fewer people are trying for tickets (or at least not trying for so many tickets) and that has reduced the pressure. 

Seems to me that higher pricing may be taking its toll. Looking at performances of Manon, the triple bill, Sleeping Beauty and Coppelia there are plenty of seats available at most prices. Maybe people are getting wise to paying a high price for a rather poor seat

• Like 1