ENB Coliseum Sleeping Beauty Casting 2018

On 26/05/2018 at 10:55, SheilaC said:

One of the performances I shall always remember was of Lynn Seymour and Peter Martins performing Sleeping Beauty with Festival Ballet at the Coliseum. At that stage she still had that unique luminous, melting quality to her dancing (quite as special as her dramatic genius, which is mostly what people still recall) and she truly was a wondrous vision in the vision scene. Macmillan was sat very close to us in the stalls and seemed as overwhelmed as we were.

(She has a passage about that performance in her autobiography, Lynn, when she states that she only did one performance, guesting at 2 days' notice. Although she was not noted for her Aurora, the Nureyev film I am a Dancer includes them both dancing the Act 3 pas de deux and it shows how wonderfully musical she was,)

@SheilaC thank you for this wonderful Lynn Seymour memory. Being one of my all-time favourite ballerinas I just love any mention of this amazing ballerina.

19 hours ago, cavycapers said:

I am finding it quite hard to reconcile myself with the idea of supporting a company whose management style I have had concerns with for a while now.  Yet I have been a huge fan of the ENB for so long now, and am excited by some of the casting for SB: Alina is back!  Aaron Robison was exciting in everything I have seen him in.  Cesar Corrales has a performance before he goes off to partner Osipova in the Autumn!  Ultimately though,  I suppose it is the dancers who will suffer if those of us who feel like this stop buying tickets.  One thing is certain though, I won't be watching Mr. Hernandez despite the fact that he is dancing with the exquisite Jurgita Dronina.....

Yes I've also thought long and hard about this too and have come to the same decision. Yes the company/dancers may suffer and I do not want to contribute to that because I don't support management. I too have been a fan of ENB for years, since they were LFB and through all their AD's. Previously for example, I attended their performances in Liverpool almost nightly. But not any more. I will select now - Alina's and Aaron's definitely! I will save money to enable me to go further a field too 

• Like 1

Casting now on the ENB website for Carabosse and Lilac Fairy  (so far casting only there for performances till June 9)

https://www.ballet.org.uk/production/sleeping-beauty/#cast-section

'In the order of Princess Aurora, Prince Désiré, Carabosse and Lilac Fairy
Please note, casting is subject to change.

Wednesday 6 June, 7.30pm
Alina Cojocaru*, Joseph Caley*, James Streeter, Shiori Kase*

Thursday 7 June, 2pm
Erina Takahashi, Aitor Arrieta*, Fabian Reimair, Begoña Cao

Thursday 7 June, 7.30pm
Maria Alexandrova*†, Aaron Robison*, Stina Quagebeur*, Alison McWhinney*

Friday 8 June, 7.30pm
Alina Cojocaru, Joseph Caley, James Streeter, Shiori Kase 

Saturday 9 June, 2.30pm
Jurgita Dronina*, Isaac Hernández*, Sarah Kundi*, Tiffany Hedman*

Saturday 9 June, 7.30pm
Erina Takahashi, Aitor Arrieta, Fabian Reimair, Shiori Kase '