Merry Christmas to you all

Lisa O`Brien

Melody I was thinking of you the other day and was actually going to message you on here, asking if you were going to post another video . This one, like last years, is just fantastic, and thank you for sharing it and your beautiful home with us again. [Off to show it my teenage son. He was blown away by last years].   

Is that the ENB tree Quintus? Amber Hunt has been busy again, I see! :)

Yes, I popped into the Coli yesterday - sadly it was stuck away in the mementos corner rather than out in the main box office area as last year, where it deserves to be.  Amber posted videos on social media of it being made -  a lot of work went into that.  Might be my imagination but it seems to have grown a bit too!

• Like 2

Yes, it's a shame that it's tucked away in the area previously occupied by the Box Office. The dark background and lower lighting make it hard to take a good photograph of it. As earlier photographs on Instagram showed a different background the tree must have been moved, possibly for its own safety, as the entrance hall can get very crowded especially now that the Box Office has been relocated in the main part of the entrance hall.

• Like 2

Does the house look terribly bare to you when the decorations have been taken down, Melody? Or do you have other collections on display during spring?

It looks really bare for a while until we get used to it. Some friends of our who hadn't seen the house except during our Christmas party, when it's full of people and decorations, were really surprised when they visited during the summer and saw it was quite a lot bigger than they'd remembered!

• Like 2

It isn't every day you get Swan Lake as well as The Nutcracker at Christmas. Unfortunately I couldn't find a video of a live performance (where the conductor was happily doing high kicks during the Ninth Day part), but it's fun anyway.

Edited by Melody
  • Like 1

Hi there

Merry Christmas everybody. May you all enjoy whatever you do today and may we ever enjoy watching and discussing ballet in the years to come.

Thank you for welccoming me onto the forum, I feel that I am learning a lot here andd I hope that I have managed to contribute as well.

Best wishes everybody

Chris (CHazell2)

• Like 3