• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, speculation over and McRae will have the first nights for both the full length works in the autumn season together with another cinema relay. Interesting but not at all surprising.

Glad to see Hirano getting a shot at a leading role other than Nutcracker.

And, despite the fears of some on here, no additional imported guests to fill the vacancies left by Pennefather's departure.

Don't know why, but I was under the impression McRae wasn't available at the beginning of the season ...

That still leaves some speculation as to R&J casting unanswered, then ...

McRae is appearing in New York as part of the Fall for Dance season, but not until 2nd and 3rd October. 

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/dance/what-to-see/Francesca-Hayward-royal-ballet-as-Juliet/

Here is today's article on Francesca Hayward in the Telegraph.

It says that she is rehearsing R&J with Muntagirov because Matthew Golding is having visa problems. Imagine rehearsing for a role debut and not actually getting to practise with your intended partner?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/dance/what-to-see/Francesca-Hayward-royal-ballet-as-Juliet/

Here is today's article on Francesca Hayward in the Telegraph.

It says that she is rehearsing R&J with Muntagirov because Matthew Golding is having visa problems. Imagine rehearsing for a role debut and not actually getting to practise with your intended partner?

Isn't it a bit weird having a Principal Dancer who has visa problems?

Isn't it a bit weird having a Principal Dancer who has visa problems?

Not as much as you'd think.  I was about to mention Steven McRae, and Yonah Acosta at ENB, but then realised that didn't apply.  We've had it with guest artists before, less so with company principals, although I believe there has been the odd case.

Oh dear, how unfortunate for her.  She seems to have suffered a lot of injuries since she joined the RB. 

(Edited to add that I didn't realise there was a new thread on this subject - please delete this if you want.)

Edited by Fonty