RBS audition dates/online applications

SwaybackSapphire

• 2 weeks later...

Oh! It's happening! And it's soon! Not sure why I'm nervous more then my DD. I thought she'll be doing her exercises madly every day through our holiday but she didn't! Is that normal? Not sure, maybe she needed a rest from it all... She exercised every 2 or 3 days. Anyway, back to our ballet routine now! I've missed the forum ;-)

DD is 10 and would really like to audition for RB.  I don't think that she would stand much chance of getting in but she would like to go just for the experience.  Am I right in thinking that she is too old for JA now and would audition for MA? Also that there is no MA in Leeds?

• 2 weeks later...

So with the dates of auditions for the Upper School, is there just one day and it all happens for everyone then, apart from international candidates? I am also wondering how many there usually are in each audition group? Don't know if any of your DC have experience of this?

The applications are online only from now on apparently?

When they say the forms are now online I think they mean the application forms are now available online, presumably to be printed out and sent off as normal.

I have just had a look and Summer School applications are done as said and are actually on-line . I have only ever had to do one other application like this before and had a nightmare uploading photos onto it . You cannot see what is required beforehand as it won't let you look what comes next without filling in the information on that page first . Maybe when someone has filled it in you might share the format with technophobes like me .

• Like 1

, I spent ages on it this evening! I just wanted to see what photos are required and what information I need to gather, without actually applying, but as the above post says, you can't see the next page until all the boxes are filled and it won't allow dummy answers either! I spent ages filling in every box ( and re-doing it when it didn't like my answers!) Eventually got most of it done and clicked the 'next' button to move onto the page with the photos on only to be timed out and sent back to the start. Online application forms now get my vote for room 101, but that's a whole different thread!

Edited by along for the ride mum
  • Like 5

So with the dates of auditions for the Upper School, is there just one day and it all happens for everyone then, apart from international candidates? I am also wondering how many there usually are in each audition group? Don't know if any of your DC have experience of this?

Usually some audition dates at other centres around country so Birmingham this year very early January. Other centres not sure of dates. London audition usually towards end of January, running group after group from about 9.30 am. Looked to be around 30 in groups last year at London audition and does include some international students.

Edited by Jane
  • Like 1

The photos are the same as last year .I worked through the application form until I got to the photo page then did a screenshot on my iPad.

What photos were needed last year? (Hope it's about Y7 entry, not summer school :-) ). Is there an old link to last years applications somewhere? Or are the photos same like the photos needed for Elmhurst? It looks like they need to be ready on my computer before I start the application form.

It is a nightmare wild flowers , I was going to do the same as Celb but couldn't get past the page with the height and weight on it kept saying I was putting in an invalid number ???? I am presuming the same about teachers signature but it does say something about a parent being available to sign it .