Royal Ballet 2014/15 Period 2 Casting

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a ticket for Swan Lake on April 9th ....Cuthbertson /Muntagirov

For ages now because of Cuthbertsons injury it has been saying tba for her name but I see that her name is back there.

Does this mean she will be dancing on the 9th ....I will be delighted if she is ...or is this an error on the ROH website now?

I have a ticket for Swan Lake on April 9th ....Cuthbertson /Muntagirov

For ages now because of Cuthbertsons injury it has been saying tba for her name but I see that her name is back there.

Does this mean she will be dancing on the 9th ....I will be delighted if she is ...or is this an error on the ROH website now?

I don't think it's ever said TBC for Cuthbertson's Swan Lake. From what she has said on social media, I don't think she will be dancing in Swan Lake.

• Like 1

I don't think it's ever said TBC for Cuthbertson's Swan Lake. From what she has said on social media, I don't think she will be dancing in Swan Lake.

There was a TBC for a while but it's definitely listing her again and also on her ROH People page. According to the website Lamb is fit for Tatiana and Zucchetti is back too....

Yes you could be right there Nevsky as I KNOW I ve seen it somewhere.

On a lighter note it took me ages to work out what the "c" was in "tbc" (hence why I put tba......to be announced.....yesterday walking in St James Park I said to a dancing friend what does the "c" mean

"Confirmed" you numbskull you......."

Enough said!

I just hope Muntagirov dances that day and he doesn't get moved too ....for all sorts of re arranging of partners that may be unfortunately required.

...On a lighter note it took me ages to work out what the "c" was in "tbc" ...

I wish it was 'To Be Cuthbertson'  :(. 

I think Vadim Muntagirov will still dance if he's okay, I have my own idea of who might partner him, but I suppose I shouldn't speculate here :)

Go on, speculate  :lol:. If anybody does know please post! (I've a ticket for the 9th April as I was really keen to see Cuthbertson in Swan Lake after her Sleeping Beauty last year).

• Like 1

Well he has danced with Akane Takada a few times but don't know whether she's down to do Swan Lake.

If it can't be Cuthbertson I wouldn't mind seeing perhaps a debut in this role?

Has Fumi Kaneko ever danced The main role in Swan Lake?

Ive never seen Lamb in this role but although I do like her in some things I'm not sure about her for Swan Lake......she's never really moved me before now!

Going back again to the casting ......I'm still hoping then that if Cuthbertsons name has always been there .....on the website at least....for the 9th then "they" are also hoping she has a chance to be fit by then?

It would make sense, although at the same time if she was cast so early in the run there may have been a good reason for that.  It may have been because she had a lot of dancing in the mixed bills, in which case they might prefer not to cast her late on in the run.

I think it will be Sarah Lamb, she missed her own Swan Lakes, and danced very well with Vadim in Manon, both being very elegant, Akane Takada is dancing around the same time so probably won't be her.

Perhaps we should take as a clue the fact that Sarah Lamb and Vadim Muntagirov are shown as dancing a pdd from Swan Lake at the Northern Ballet Gala in Leeds.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a short rehearsal video of Iana Salenko and Steven McRae rehearsing Swan Lake on the ROH website, it says Iana will also dance with Vadim Muntagirov later this run.

As suspected (re Vadim's partner) and at last they tell us!!!! But why bury the announcement in a piece about tomorrow's matinee and why not change the website?

Edited by capybara

Interesting! Perhaps they are hoping that someone else (!!!) will recover sufficiently to essay the role on the other two dates.

But poor Vadim! He seems to have had to adapt to a range of partners at almost every stage since he joined the RB. If I recall correctly he:

• took over as Nunez's partner in Sleeping beauty last spring
  • had a fairly last-minute change of partner from Cuthbertson to Lamb in Manon
  • substituted (with Nunez) in the first performance of Symphonic while maintaining his original partner (Hamilton)
  • took over the first night of Alice with Lamb and later danced with Hayward as scheduled
  • and now faces the prospect of at least two partners for Swan Lake.

It says much for his talent that he can do all this with aplomb. Of course, he has also been appearing as a guest abroad and in a range of galas!!!! And let's not forget that he must be rehearsing Four Temperaments and Fille as well by now. Phew!!!!

• Like 2

Interesting! Perhaps they are hoping that someone else (!!!) will recover sufficiently to essay the role on the other two dates.

Or Salenko may have other commitments, I suppose.

But poor Vadim! He seems to have had to adapt to a range of partners at almost every stage since he joined the RB.

He's ex-ENB, so I guess he's used to adapting to a variety of ballerinas. Fortunately for the RB.

• Like 1

So the game is still afoot for the 2nd and 9th :)  does anyone else thing how odd it is that today's ballerina Evgenia Obraztsova has to be rushed back to Moscow because they don't have anyone to cover Lady of the Camellias, the RB doesn't have anyone else for Swan Lake and has to rush in a ballerina from Berlin.

I agree that Vadim Muntagirov has luckily proved to be very good at partnering different girls at short notice, so has Matthew Golding, on that score alone they deserve lots of praise.

• Like 3

Salenko looks gorgeous in that short clip above (thanks Bluebird) and made me want to see more.  Sadly, I won't be (unless she ends up dancing on the 2nd as well), so I look forward to some reports later on please!!

• 2 weeks later...