Oct 12, 17E, 23 Yanowsky/Kish/Avis

Oct 17M Takada*/McRae/Gartside*

Oct 27, Nov 10M, 22 Cuthbertson/Bonelli/Pickering

Nov 6, 24M Marquez/ McRae/Marriott

Nov 15, 24E Cojocaru/Kobborg/Marriott

Viscera, Infra, Fool's Paradise

Nov 3 , 5M

Morera*/Nunez*/Hirano

Benjamin/Galeazzi.Nunez/Cuthberson/Hamilton/Choe/Watson/Hirano/Cervera/Underwood/Watkins/Kay

Benjamin*/Lamb*/Cuthberson*/Bonelli*/Watson*/McRae*

Nov 7, 8

Hinkis*/Morera*/Bonelli*

Raine/Cowley*/Takada*/Lamb/Stix-Brunell*/Bracher*/Stepanek*/Dyer*/Maloney*/Trzensimiech*/Hay*/Ondiviela*

Rojo*/Nunez*/Choe*/tbc/Underwood*/Maloney*

Nov 12

Morera/Stock*/Kish*

as Nov 3

as Nov 3

Nov 14

Morera/Stock/Kish

as Nov 7

as Nov 7

Concerto, Las Hermanas, Requiem

Nov 17, 27

Choe/McRae/Lamb/Hirano/Cuthbertson*

Yanowsky*/Morera*/Hamilton*/Soares*

Benjamin/Nunez/Pennefather/Acosta/Cervera

Nov 21

Takada*/Campbell*/Nunez/Pennefather/Calvert*

Cojocaru*/Mendizibal*/Stix-Brunell*/Whitehead*

Choe*/Crawford*/Soares*/Watson*/Campbell*

Nov 29, Dec 5

as Nov 21

as Nov 21

Cuthberson/Hamilton/Kish/Bonelli/McRae

Nov 30

as Nov 17

as Nov 17

as Nov 21

Nutcracker

Dec 8, 13 Marquez/McRae

Dec 10, 14 Nunez/Soares

Dec 11, 23M, Jan 2M Morera/Bonelli

Dec 27M Hamilton/Trzensimiech

Dec 27E, Jan 8 Choe/Hirano*

Dec 28, Jan 1 5pm Kobayashi/Hristov

Dec 31 5pm. Jan 5M Takada/McRae

Jan 2E, Jan 12E Cojocaru/Kobborg

Jan 12M, Jan 16 Lamb/Pennefather

Jan 15 Cuthbertson/Kish

Apologies for any errors/omissions

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Jane. I'll digest them properly later, but obviously some indications of the new directorship in the casting: nice to see we now have Rothbart being announced: wonder if this is a sign of things to come for other ballets?

So the rumours of Acosta's a) not being used next season and c) (because the site seemingly doesn't allow "b" without turning it into a smiley :) )not doing any more Classical ballets have turned out to be untrue.

I intended to say this last autumn on the old site, but couldn't quite fit it in anywhere relevant: the "RB in rehearsal" featuring Requiem last autumn had Ed Watson standing in for Federico Bonelli (who wasn't injured or anything, but had been featured the night before), and even with the little we saw him do I decided I'd really like to see what he'd do with the role, so that's one wish fulfilled.

I'm very pleased to see so many 'junior' names in the casting - it seemed to have become quite rare to see a second cast that was anything other than just a different set of principals.

I was a little confused by the Las Hermanas casting but now I assume the 3 women are given in the order Eldest Sister/Mother/Youngest Sister - an interesting choice for Cojocaru if so. Or does anyone see it differently?

I think you must be right, but would you say the mother is the third female role? It's last century since I last saw it, and I can't remember (plus may be getting confused with My Brother, My Sisters).

• 5 weeks later...

Swan Lake

According to the ROH website, Marquez is dancing not Takada.

Nutcracker

Casting for Clara/Nutcracker/Drosselmeyer is now on the ROH website.

8/12, 13/12

Marquez, Loots, McRae, Cervera, Avis

10/12, 14/12

Nuñez, Maguire, Soares, Campbell, Saunders

11/12, 23/12m, 02/01m

Morera, Harrod, Bonelli, maloney, Gartside

27/12m

Hamilton, Hayward, Trzensimiech, Dyer, Marriott

27/12e

Choe, Hinkis, Hirano, Ondiviela, Avis

28/12, 01/01

Kobayashi, Westcombe, Hristov, Hay, Saunders

31/12m

Hamilton, Hinkis, Trzensimiech, Ondiviela, Avis

31/12e

Takada, Loots, McRae, Cervera, Avis

02/01e, 12/01e

Cojocaru, Maguire, Kobborg, Campbell, Saunders

05/01m

Takada, Hayward, McRae, Dyer, Marriott

08/01

Choe, Loots, Hirano, Cervera, Avis

12/01m, 16/01

Lamb, Hinkis, Pennefather, Ondiviela, Avis

15/01

Cuthbertson, Cope, Kish, Kay, Marriott

Edited by bangorballetboy
correction of mistake

Nutcracker

Casting for Clara/Nutcracker/Drosselmeyer is now on the ROH website.

27/12m

Hamilton, Hinkis, Trzensimiech, Dyer, Marriott

Just had a look at the ROH website and it now has Francesca Hayward as Clara for the December 27 matinée.

I've tried to copy and paste the relevant section below:

Thursday 27 December 2012, 2.00pm

Main Stage

• TBC
  • Hamilton
  • Hayward
  • Trzensimiech
  • Dyer
  • Marriott
  • Orchestra of the Royal Opera House

What an opportunity for her!

• 1 month later...

Swan Lake

Oct 8, 13M, Nov 10E Nunez/Soarez/Saunders

Oct 10, 13E, 25 Rojo/Acosta/Avis

Those Rojo Swan Lakes are now showing (in the Period 1 booking brochure) as TBC, unsurprisingly, as are her former performances in Fool's Paradise.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question about one particular date in Period 1 - the 30th of October.

Unlike all other October days, which are shown in red and are available for booking, the 30th is in black and doesn’t respond to a click. On the other hand I saw this:

MRF Future engagements

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Royaldiary/MRFFutureengagements.aspx?MRF=DE

30th October 2012. The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend "Our Extraordiary World - a Gala Celebration" at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, ...

Does anyone know about the programme for this gala and whether tickets for it will be on sale?

Tickets have been on sale - at gala prices which includes a gift aidable donation in aid of ROH Foundation. May be a few left

Need to ring Helena Price on 020 7212 9469, or email her helena.price@roh.org.uk

Mixed opera and ballet, ballet has premieres by Wheeldon, Marriott, McGregor.

They certainly haven't been made available to the general public - I only heard about it a few days ago.

Anyway, what are "gala prices"? At the ROH they've been known to range from affordable (for the cheap seats) to totally-out-of-my-range.

In fact, I think the reference I saw said that Osipova was supposed to be dancing. Can anyone confirm, or is my memory playing tricks?

Sent an email to Ms. Price vis a vis 30th October performance ... but she is out of the office until 28th August ... She left the name of Yolanda Sze in her message. Her number is 0207212 9356 and email yolanda.sze@roh.org.uk ... although it does say this is for 'urgent' enquiries ONLY ... and I'm not sure that mine falls in that category .... In fact I'm sure it does not. I am hesitant to write myself .... especially as the ROH has not yet made awareness of this performance public knowledge as far as I am aware. If anyone else follows this route, I would be grateful to know of the response (if any) received. Bless you all.

Edited by Meunier

Sent an email to Ms. Price vis a vis 30th October performance ... but she is out of the office until 28th August ... She left the name of Yolanda Sze in her message. Her number is 0207212 9356 and email yolanda.sze@roh.org.uk ... although it does say this is for 'urgent' enquiries ONLY ... and I'm not sure that mine falls in that category .... In fact I'm sure it does not. I am hesitant to write myself .... especially as the ROH has not yet made awareness of this performance public knowledge as far as I am aware. If anyone else follows this route, I would be grateful to know of the response (if any) received. Bless you all.

I got a mailing about this ages ago and phoned to see if there were standing tickets, was told they'd ring back, they didn't and that was the end of my enquiry! It's certainly a public event and may not be sold out. Can't remember about the prices but as I recall they were higher than normal with an added premium. Worth trying again tomorrow week when the summer hols are over.