Royal Ballet 2012/3 Period 1 casting

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Benjamin is the other role. Helen Crawford replaced Lauren at the dress rehearsal, and very nicely too.

According to the original casting (at the top of this thread), Helen Crawford was always listed for the cast we saw at the rehearsal (the second cast). Leanne was only down for the first cast but it looks like she's now replacing Lauren in the third cast.

But Helen was doing the "leotard" role. Are you saying she's down to do the "white" role as well?

No. If you look at the casting at the top of this thread, the 'white' role is listed first, the 'leotard' role is listed second. Helen was always listed in the leotard role in the second cast. Lauren was listed in the white role in the third cast and Leanne is now listed instead. Hope that's clear now!

• 2 weeks later...

Tipped off by a posting on Twitter, I see that Fumi Kaneko is replacing Lauren Cuthbertson in her one public performance as the Sugar Plum Fairy on 15th January. I suppose that doesn't bode well for her scheduled Firebirds either, although she's still showing as cast for that one.

I *will* get to see Lauren as SPF one of these years ... Grrrr.

Tipped off by a posting on Twitter, I see that Fumi Kaneko is replacing Lauren Cuthbertson in her one public performance as the Sugar Plum Fairy on 15th January.

Fumi also dancing the SPF in a 'closed' family performance (for first timers at ROH, I think on 6th Jan, and a matinee)

Tipped off by a posting on Twitter, I see that Fumi Kaneko is replacing Lauren Cuthbertson in her one public performance as the Sugar Plum Fairy on 15th January. I suppose that doesn't bode well for her scheduled Firebirds either, although she's still showing as cast for that one.

I *will* get to see Lauren as SPF one of these years ... Grrrr.

Daughter was supposed to be seeing Lauren as SPF at the Welcome Performance on 6th Jan, but the casting has changed to Fumi Kaneko. :-(

The good news is that lovely Leanne Cope is dancing Clara. :-)

Please does anyone know what the position is with Lauren? Someone the other night mentioned her needing a further operation. I feel very concerned for her - and, of course, disappointed for us all that she is not on stage at the moment.

She has not been seen on stage since well before Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Feb/March 2012). Does anyone know what's wrong???

Daughter was supposed to be seeing Lauren as SPF at the Welcome Performance on 6th Jan, but the casting has changed to Fumi Kaneko. :-(

The good news is that lovely Leanne Cope is dancing Clara. :-)

That's a bit mean - Fumi will be lovely in the role, so fear not

That's a bit mean - Fumi will be lovely in the role, so fear not

Oh, sorry - poor Fumi! It wasn't meant as a slight on her! It's just that Lauren (along with Marianela) is my dd's favourite and she was delighted at the thought of seeing her as SPF.

It was the disappointment of the cast change which resulted in the :-( - not Fumi. :-)

• Like 2