Royal Ballet 2012/3 Period 1 casting

This is what the Friends' email newsletter (sent on 16 August) says about the gala.

Our Extraordinary World: A gala celebration

We have been delighted by the response to Our Extraordinary World, with many of you writing in to apply for gala tickets. There are still a few tickets left at £500, or £1,000 and above which include the gala dinner. If you are interested in joining the artists to celebrate the performance and would like to purchase one of these tickets, or one at £500, please contact Helena Price by email: helena.price@roh.org.uk, and she will send you an application form.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks much bangorballetboy. This is obviously FAR beyond my modest capabilities. For that kind of money, I'm surprised they don't give more detail as to the content of the programme. I would assume, given the resources that are obviously going into this, that they may well film ... or relay this programme .... (He says 'fingers crossed') ...

I got a mailing about this ages ago and phoned to see if there were standing tickets, was told they'd ring back, they didn't and that was the end of my enquiry!

I had an email exchange with them on receipt of a mailing some time ago, when they said there wouldn't be any standing places. On further enquiry they said this was for "security reasons". I didn't have the energy to enquire further.

Just wanted to confirm that the ROH just called me back (excellent service) and I have a amphi seat for £18 for 30th October ... I am absolutely delighted. Bless them ... and ALL here for letting me know about it .... Can't wait to see Osipova (whose three SLs I already have tickets for) and ALL ... Bless you AGAIN.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just in from RB:

Please find below updated castings for Infra and Fool's Paradise as part of the mixed programme by The Royal Ballet. The casts for Viscera remain the same.

Apologies, I left off the asterisk denoting a debut role for the first night on Saturday 3rd.

Saturday 3rd November, Monday 5th November, Monday 12th November

INFRA Raine, Cowley*, Nunez, Cuthbertson, Hamilton, Choe,

Watson, Hirano, Cervera, Underwood, Watkins, Kay

FOOL’S PARADISE Lamb*, Cuthbertson*, Brunell*

Bonelli*, Watson*, McRae*

Wednesday 7th November, Thursday 8th November

INFRA tba, tba, tba, Lamb, Stix-Brunell*, Bracher*

Stepanek*, Dyer*, Maloney*, Trzensimiech*, Hay*, Ondiviela*

FOOL’S PARADISE Benjamin*, Nunez*, Choe*

Kish*, Underwood*, Maloney*

Wednesday 14th November

INFRA tba, tba, tba, Lamb, Stix-Brunell, Bracher

Stepanek, Dyer, Maloney Trzensimiech, Hay, Ondiviela

FOOL’S PARADISE tba, Nunez, Choe

Kish, Underwood, Maloney

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

Duh... a few mins after the above came in this arrived:

Apologies, we left off the asterisk denoting a debut role for the first night on Saturday 3rd.

INFRA Raine, Cowley*, Nunez, Cuthbertson, Hamilton, Choe,

FOOL’S PARADISE Lamb*, Cuthbertson*, Brunell*

Have updated original entry with new info.

Confusing. So, if I'm reading that correctly, it's Benjamin and Galeazzi out of Infra, being replaced by Raine and Cowley. Lamb and Cuthbertson shifting along one in the casting (replacing Benjamin) and with Brunell added for Fool's Paradise.

Raine, Cowley, Takada replaced by tba in the second cast of Infra.

Benjamin and Kish replace tbc in the second cast of FP, except possibly not Benjamin on the 14th, for some reason.

I can't see that there are any changes among the men.

If you are prepared not to wait for an official ROH announcement,but take the word of the dancer herself,then you should be aware that Lauren Cuthbertson will be replaced in Swan Lake by Alina Cojocaru partnered by Bonelli.

This info has been on the ROH website for a few days, so we don't have to take anyone's word for it (although I imagine she's quite a reliable source!).

If you are prepared not to wait for an official ROH announcement,but take the word of the dancer herself,then you should be aware that Lauren Cuthbertson will be replaced in Swan Lake by Alina Cojocaru partnered by Bonelli.

Is that for all her performances? The ROH website is still showing her for the later performances. If so, it's slightly ironic, given all the Swan Lakes Cojocaru herself has had to miss over the years. Making up for lost time, so to speak?

The upcoming Triple Bill casting on ROH website is also not up-to-date and several TBAs

Isn't there anyone at ROH who can keep us better informed?

I buy tickets (mainly) because I like to watch (and follow) particular dancers.

The upcoming Triple Bill casting on ROH website is also not up-to-date and several TBAs

Isn't there anyone at ROH who can keep us better informed?

Assuming you're referring to the Infra mixed bill (and the MacMillan one has all casting showing, so presumably you are), the details above are as of less than 24 hours ago, so I guess that's all they know for certain at the moment. You can't get *much* more up-to-date :)

Just in from RB....

Further updated castings for Infra and Fool's Paradise as part of the mixed programme by The Royal Ballet. The casts for Viscera remain the same.

INFRA Raine, Cowley *, Nunez , Lamb , Hamilton, Choe,

FOOL’S PARADISE Lamb* , Hamilton* , Choe*

Wednesday 7th November, Thursday 8th November , Wednesday 14th November

INFRA Hinkis* , Hayward * , Naghdi* , Lamb, Kaneko *, Bracher*

Stepanek*, Dyer*, Maloney*, Trzensimiech*, Hay*, Ondiviela*

FOOL’S PARADISE Benjamin*, Nunez*, Naghdi *

Kish*, Underwood*, Maloney*

I am going on 7th and I am so excited to see a new Principal "Infra" cast. McGregor has so often worked with the same dancers, it's refreshing!

Delighted also I'll see Naghdi's debut, alongside Benjamin and Nunez, in Wheeldon's "Fool's Paradise".

• Like 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ... Cuthbertson's out of Infra :(. Excuse me while I go off and turn the air blue. She's still showing for Swan Lake and the MacMillan mixed bill, but I certainly wouldn't be hopeful about the former.

Also vanished is Stix-Brunell from the Fool's Paradise cast. I think those are probably the only major absences, although they've clearly had knock-on effects.

This must be a casting nightmare for the powers that be.

McGregor has so often worked with the same dancers, it's refreshing!

As I pointed out maybe a year ago on the old site, he had by then worked with over 1/3 of the dancers in the company at the time - it's not quite as restricted as it sometimes seems.

Alison, why would it be a casting nightmare if I may ask so? They all seem perfectly capable to me smile.png

I'm sure they are, it's just the multiple and repeated changes that must be a real headache - and of course the dancers have to rehearse ...