So much to be happy about with the casting:  Hayward/Sambe should sizzle in The Dream.  Naghdi/Richardson will be beautifully romantic in The Dream.  Osipova/Bracewell...somewhere between the two!

I am thrilled to see that Romany Pajdak is returning, albeit for one performance only.  I do hope that this is a warm-up for gracing the stage once again next season, not a farewell.  

• Like 10

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Jamesrhblack! 
Am very happy with casting and nothing is repeated on the two days I’m going and as luck would have it I’ve got Cesar albeit in a ballet I don’t know!   Very happy to have at least one performance of Hayward and Sambe’ in the Dream ….I can’t imagine Osipova in this role but she’s with Bracewell so I’m sure will be fine!  

I think Magri will be great in the Brahms and it’s Fumi and Vadim for Les Rendezvous so very pleased altogether. 

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the casting @Jamesrhblack.  I was holding off booking until casting had been announced after having to swap my Macmillan tickets, so I’m really pleased it’s not been a long wait.   Now I just have to decide which casts to see - it’s so hard to get dates and preferred partnerships to align.  

Yes, delighted to see Romany Pajdak returning, although a single performance looks ominous. Essentially pleased with my castings (Kaneo, Muntagirov for Les Rendezvous and Hayward, Sambé for Dream in Programme 1; In Programme 2, I think Osipova may bring out some of the feral wildness that Sibley used to bring to Titania, Bracewell is always a pleasure, and delighted to see Pajdak. Would have preferred Hayward, Bracewell for Hamlet and Ophelia and am getting Magri, Acri twice in Rhapsody but with a programme like this the choreography is the thing above all else). Great opportunities for Sae Maeda, Taisuke Naka and Daichi Ikarashi.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jamesrhblack said:

Yes, delighted to see Romany Pajdak returning, although a single performance looks ominous.

It does, though it's a huge amount of work to be 'performance ready' for only one?

That must be my most bizarre booking experience ever: I'd booked 3 of the Ashton bills 'blind', and now having just received the casting I realised that they didn't produce the right combination of casting at all. So I've returned all 3 tickets I'd booked and have booked for 4 other performances instead... oh well. At least I am now managing to see most of the (very enticing) casts.

• Like 5

Yes. Just noticed I had been emailed the casting. Very interesting. Two of the performances I booked have casts I’m particularly interested in. The other two I’ve booked I’ll think about.

I was going to swap some tickets but...decided just to  add one instead: a season like this does not come along very often. Life will have to take second place in June! ( and who knows what changes might happen anyway.)

Very enticing casting,  and a banquet of superb choreography to look forward to.

• Like 5

As said on other thread I’m very happy with my casts but would like to see Naghdi and Richardson in the Dream! 
But if I did book that I’d have to spend more or less the whole of that week in London from 18th…..so not sure how popular I’d be especially as away part of the following week on a reunion and then have to stay on an extra night in London on 29th for RBS at Holland Park!! 

• Like 1

Nor James in Rhapsody.  I saw him and Francesca do it years ago, 2015? and they were incandescent together. I'm also missing Alex already.  Would loved to have seen his Oberon. 

Edited by jmhopton
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, Fonty said:

Edited to add could the posts regarding the Ashton triple bill be put in a separate thread?  Or in an existing one if it has already been started.  

Would be very grateful if this were possible, please. This thread is already a bit of a patchwork, albeit a nice and informative one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mary said:

Puck is not named, for example.....

I think the company has ample prospective Pucks, though - it's Oberons they are shorter of ☹️

• Like 1

Hardly surprising, given that she's probably the company's most Ashtonian dancer, I guess.  I was wondering what they were going to have to leave her out of!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, alison said:

Hardly surprising, given that she's probably the company's most Ashtonian dancer, I guess.  I was wondering what they were going to have to leave her out of!

But, with so many shows and Ashton coming into the rep. less frequently now, there could surely be no better opportunity to enable other dancers to have a priceless learning experience and take their place alongside Hayward?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sim said:

I am thrilled to see that Romany Pajdak is returning, albeit for one performance only.  I do hope that this is a warm-up for gracing the stage once again next season, not a farewell.  

So do I.  She has been away - and missed - for a long time.

• Like 1

Looks like Vadim and Fumi are no longer appearing at the World Ballet Stars gala in Geneva on June 10th unless they can time travel. They are still being advertised as appearing.

• Like 3

Lots of interesting casting (The Dream with Lauren Cuthbertson & Vadim Muntagirov looks enticing as I can imagine she will bring out the character well, plus Vadim in an Anthony Dowell roll should be great!). Lovely that Romany is back (but I wonder if it might not be a last performance). I do feel for James Hay who is surprisingly not cast at all in these Ashton works, & generally seems to be cast very little - I believe he has an on & off injury that flares up but can’t help thinking he might be thinking of moving on soon. 

Edited by Ianlond
  • Like 3

I do wonder why they have to announce it the day after public booking opens. I also was not expecting so many casts so it's going to be awfully complicated. I'm trying to get my head around all the casting combinations & failing. I think I'm going to have to turn it into a spreadsheet....

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

I do wonder why they have to announce it the day after public booking opens. I also was not expecting so many casts so it's going to be awfully complicated. I'm trying to get my head around all the casting combinations & failing. I think I'm going to have to turn it into a spreadsheet....

The timing is, of course, not untypical of the ROH.

However, it is all the more galling given that the pdf was clearly signed off by KOH on the 26th March.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2