DON QUIXOTE - ROYAL BALLET AUTUMN 2023

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bangorballetboy said:

They have not "given them away"...

They did manage to get rid of  sell them rather rapidly though.  Unless, of course, the booking system was showing empty seats when they were actually full?  

I suddenly have a vision of people turning up to find someone else in their seat.......

I managed to sneak off at work today and get my Friday Rush tickets for tomorrow - very naughty, but needs must!  I was praying they might offer the, as of yesterday, swathes of unsold stalls seats as a Friday Rush, but sadly and mysteriously the whole of the stalls section was sold out when I went to book 🧐.  So glad I managed to nab a pair though (my bank account isn’t so pleased!)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, emmarose said:

I would love to know how big sections of empty seats suddenly disappear, it seems almost impossible to shift quite so any so quickly.

Yes. When I logged on to my computer today (bearing in mind that the ROH website automatically updates, you don't need to refresh) it said 100+ seats available.  So I went to see what they were, just out of interest, and there was a scattering here and there, maybe 30, but certainly not in 3 figures!

I'm sure they haven't "given" them away, but I suppose that may depend on your definition of "give away".

3 hours ago, LinMM said:

I’m on holiday at the moment so won’t always have access to Forum but regards partners ( somebody at the talk can correct me if wrong) I thought Kevin said that with the big classics he usually pairs the dancers ( though he did mention another name who also has a say on performances….was it somebody in charge of staging? 
Anyway they seemed to have noticed how good the Naghdi/Ball pairing was on many levels so obviously want to show that pairing …I’m sure he also said like Fumi and Will!! 
But dancers can have say on some pairings (but I inferred that still at the over sight of the management) 

Thank you @LinMM, enjoy your holiday!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OnePigeon said:

I managed to sneak off at work today and get my Friday Rush tickets for tomorrow - very naughty, but needs must!  I was praying they might offer the, as of yesterday, swathes of unsold stalls seats as a Friday Rush, but sadly and mysteriously the whole of the stalls section was sold out when I went to book 🧐.  So glad I managed to nab a pair though (my bank account isn’t so pleased!)

Glad that you got some though I'm sorry for your bank account - mine is definitely groaning! 😳

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OnePigeon said:

I was praying they might offer the, as of yesterday, swathes of unsold stalls seats as a Friday Rush

If only!

I know there are supposed to be more last minute ticket sales nowadays but I cannot believe that can account for every seat below amphitheatre level suddenly showing as sold for tomorrow matinee today while tomorrow evening still has a sprinkling of seats at all levels. There must have been something to cause all the matinee seats to go rather than the evening seats and what could that be other than a substantial discount for the former performance but not for the latter? (If it was due to people preferring one cast over the other then surely there would have been a difference in ticket availability since shortly after booking opened, like the Nunez/Muntagirov performances selling out, whereas up until yesterday the evening performance had fewer tickets available than the matinee.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

If only!

I know there are supposed to be more last minute ticket sales nowadays but I cannot believe that can account for every seat below amphitheatre level suddenly showing as sold for tomorrow matinee today while tomorrow evening still has a sprinkling of seats at all levels. There must have been something to cause all the matinee seats to go rather than the evening seats and what could that be other than a substantial discount for the former performance but not for the latter? (If it was due to people preferring one cast over the other then surely there would have been a difference in ticket availability since shortly after booking opened, like the Nunez/Muntagirov performances selling out, whereas up until yesterday the evening performance had fewer tickets available than the matinee.)

Indeed!  It seems highly unlikely, doesn’t it?  I wonder who they went to - the ballet school maybe? I don’t think Friday Rush ever include stalls seats, they seem to mainly be upper amphitheatre as far as I can tell, though I’d be happy to be corrected on this as I am a rarely able to log on at 1pm.

15 minutes ago, OnePigeon said:

I don’t think Friday Rush ever include stalls seats, they seem to mainly be upper amphitheatre as far as I can tell, though I’d be happy to be corrected on this as I am a rarely able to log on at 1pm.

There are side stalls circle bench seats C17-21 and 87-91, which are what I'm always after. I believe there are standing places in the balcony as well.

• Thanks 1

Oh dear, Steven slipped over towards the end of act 1 and although he got up and they carried on for a bit the curtain came down while things were still going. Then an announcement about an issue on stage 

Edited by Rob S

46 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

If only!

I was interested in the evening tickets because so any of the were stalls, and expensive seats, whole rows, then they're gone. They don't seem like the kind of tickets people pick up last minute at those prices.

It's all very odd.

3 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Oh dear, Steven slipped over towards the end of act 1 and although he got up and they carried on for a bit the curtain came down while things were still going. Then an announcement about an issue with the stage 

Oh no, after all of his injury troubles as well.

2 minutes ago, emmarose said:

Oh no, after all of his injury troubles as well.

Kevin came out and said that’s it for act 1, join us for act 2 after the interval…wonder if emergency Basilio is on his way 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Kevin came out and said that’s it for act 1, join us for act 2 after the interval…wonder if emergency Basilio is on his way 

Where had they got up to? Anna Rose is so new to the role, I wonder who they'll get now? 

Poor Stephen. 

Edited by emmarose

9 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Kevin came out and said that’s it for act 1, join us for act 2 after the interval…wonder if emergency Basilio is on his 

Hopefully McRae isn't injured.

With Ball and Bracewell tomorrow who's available? Sambe?  Muntagirov?

Edited by oncnp

Oh dear, it's starting to feel as though McRae is cursed with onstage injuries.

22 minutes ago, capybara said:

It’s intriguing that the seats for tomorrow night (Sat 14th) have not been hoovered up in the manner of the matinee.

Not discounted?

17 minutes ago, emmarose said:

I was interested in the evening tickets because so any of the were stalls, and expensive seats, whole rows, then they're gone. They don't seem like the kind of tickets people pick up last minute at those prices.

It would be lovely to be the sort of person who could go "I fancy a last minute night out.... I know, I'll buy a £150 ballet ticket"!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Oh dear, it's starting to feel as though McRae is cursed with onstage injuries.

Not discounted?

It would be lovely to be the sort of person who could go "I fancy a last minute night out.... I know, I'll buy a £150 ballet ticket"!

But the fact that rows went too, it would mean groups? None were left, even odd ones, which was even weirder.

1 minute ago, greypuss said:

Absolutely gutted for Steven. I hope he isn't seriously hurt and has stopped as a precaution. 

I just saw a video of him on Twitter talking about mental health and the toxic nature of just pushing through all the time, I think his injuries taught him a lot, and one thing would be to not just push through here and maybe do more damage. Hopefully he's just taking care of himself.

• Like 2

Steven did take a tumble there I hope he's ok and it's not serious, he more or less limped off after the final bit of the duet they just danced gently holding eachother doing tiny steps instead of the usual fast foot work etc. They covered it very well and if someone hasn't seen it before you wouldn't really know. I feel for poor Steven he's had so many injuries. Bell has gone so looks like Act2 is going ahead.