DON QUIXOTE - ROYAL BALLET AUTUMN 2023

Now that the General Rehearsal is under way and the cast is up for tonight (see the info. thread) we can, at last, begin to comment on RB performances. It's been a long summer without them and, especially now that we are beginning to discover who will be dancing the secondary roles as well as the starry Kitri/Basilio couples, I can't wait.

Best wishes to the Company for a fantastic season.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the second act and really looking forward to the last. Obviously, I’m not allowed to specifically comment but I will say I’ve really enjoyed it so far. I also don’t think it’s inappropriate to say that I am so impressed with Yasmine Naghdi - she is just stunning, IMO!  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Well. That was amazing. Anyone booked to see this cast will not be disappointed, I think. I had a lovely afternoon. I had a stalls circle standing ticket (D32) and it was a brilliant view. I am very short, so was worried I wouldn’t be able to see, but it was really good. I prefer to sit, but at £6, this ticket was incredible value for money. I stood for the performance and sat in the intervals! 🤣

Edited by Linnzi5
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Mary said:

And I don't think it's giving away any secrets to just say Yasmine Naghdi and Matthew Ball are a great pairing: you all know that!  

I know many feel this DonQ is not a great production but it's fun. 

I loved it. 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NikkiB said:

Hope this is allowed as my first time posting, my daughter has just had her first curtain call with Gamache and Lorenzo, if anyone has any photos I would be so grateful 🙏

Also check Lorenzo's (Christopher Saunders) IG account. I saw Dancer's Diary there this afternoon and many of the dancers repost his fabulous pictures

And congratulations to your daughter! 

Edited by oncnp

I ended up seeing the first two Acts of the General Rehearsal and the last two thirds of Our Voices although I was very tempted to stay for the whole of the General Rehearsal.

Lovely to see @NikkiB‘s posts and all the follow ups.

No real comment about the General Rehearsal but I couldn’t help wondering if Rocinante wasn’t content just to sign the ROH Orchestra petition and had decided to take his own stand. We’ll see what he does tonight.

• Like 3

I've updated this thread from the 'Ballet / Dance News and Information' forum as obviously the newbies to the company are all having 'first outings' on stage!  Wishing them all a happy future.  Don Q is a great fun ballet to be in I'm sure, and how exciting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, NikkiB said:

Are we allowed to post photos?

Generally, from curtain calls, if we take the photos ourselves, yes. Not sure about whether rehearsals are allowed though - I'm sure someone else would know but I'm presuming not. For the first time EVER, I took some lovely photos today - typical!

• Like 1