1 hour ago, PeterS said:

Although I agree with this, we must, however, continue to bear in mind that any casting advertised months before a performance must be accepted as only provisional and this is always clearly stated when booking.

The joy that is the depth and breadth of RB talent guarantees a great night of ballet even if one is initially disappointed because one’s preferred first choice doesn’t dance on the night itself. 

Yes. I always know that - so far I have been very lucky. Illness and injury are very much a part of being a dancer 😊

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, oncnp said:

If you are communicating by email (and if you haven't already) try the customer service address....

customerservices@roh.org.uk

In the past this has been answered by Graham Boland, Customer Services Manager, who has been quite helpful. 

I agree, he has always been exceptionally helpful and courteous when he's answered my questions. I've never knowingly met him or spoken to him but he's a real asset IMO: always makes you feel worth his time.

Edited by Lizbie1
Typo
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure whether the programming has actually been clarified yet (and don't have the time to sort through 7 pages to check), but according to an email from them the Sarasota Ballet's "Ashton" trip involves:

Programme 1 (Linbury):

Valses Nobles et Sentimentales

Dante Sonata

Sinfonietta

Gala Performance (Main Stage):

Varii Capricii

Programme 2 (Linbury):

Ashton Divertissements

Facade

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

From Todays Links. Many thanks @Jan McNulty

The RB comes to the US. Reading between the lines, may not be the entire company, but a more "curated" selection of pieces, similar to what they did in New York a couple summers ago.  Program to be announced early next year

Royal Ballet Principals Matthew Ball, Mayara Magri, Marcelino Sambé, Anna Rose O'Sullivan, and Sarah Lamb will perform in this engagement along with a vibrant array of the company's dancers. The opening night on Wednesday, July 3 will also include Principal dancer Natalia Osipova in Ashton's evocation of Isadora Duncan.

The Royal Ballet to Perform at Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival for the First Time in 2024 (broadwayworld.com)

Ticketed Performances at Jacob's Pillow (jacobspillow.org)

Edited by oncnp

18 minutes ago, oncnp said:

The RB comes to the US. Reading between the lines, may not be the entire company, but a more "curated" selection of pieces, similar to what they did in New York a couple summers ago.  Program to be announced early next year

Royal Ballet Principals Matthew Ball, Mayara Magri, Marcelino Sambé, Anna Rose O'Sullivan, and Sarah Lamb will perform in this engagement along with a vibrant array of the company's dancers. The opening night on Wednesday, July 3 will also include Principal dancer Natalia Osipova in Ashton's evocation of Isadora Duncan.

The Royal Ballet to Perform at Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival for the First Time in 2024 (broadwayworld.com)

Exciting! Will the rest of the Company be touring elsewhere? Wonder what the full repertoire will be.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oncnp said:

It will be interesting to see what they're going to perform. I associate Jacob's Pillow mainly with contemporary and/or small-scale work. If I was seeing the RB for the first time, that's not what I'd want to see them do. But I'm sure that whatever they do they'll do it very well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Exciting! Will the rest of the Company be touring elsewhere? Wonder what the full repertoire will be.

The Royal Ballet's celebrated repertory is drawn from 19th-century ballet classics as well as the distinctive English works of its Founder Choreographer Frederick Ashton and Principal Choreographer Kenneth MacMillan, and continues to resonate with audiences strongly today through the striking contemporary sensibility of Resident Choreographer Wayne McGregor and Artistic Associate Christopher Wheeldon.

A World Premiere by Wayne McGregor created especially for Jacob's Pillow will feature alongside works by the company's other associated choreographers and will also include the U.S. Premiere of Secret Things by American choreographer Pam Tanowitz. Royal Ballet Principals Matthew Ball, Mayara Magri, Marcelino Sambé, Anna Rose O'Sullivan, and Sarah Lamb will perform in this engagement along with a vibrant array of the company's dancers. The opening night on Wednesday, July 3 will also include Principal dancer Natalia Osipova in Ashton's evocation of Isadora Duncan. Programming and dates are subject to change.

• Like 3

On 16/11/2023 at 10:35, Lizbie1 said:

Very pleased about Osipova being cast in the Isadora Duncan waltzes, presumably we'll also see her in London in this.

23 hours ago, Scheherezade said:

Yes, she’s the free spirit that this piece requires. 

the Yorke Dance Project’s California Connections in the Linbury March 2024 includes MacMillan’s Isadora for the Royal Ballet:

BACKGROUND

California Connections celebrates three powerful female pioneers of modern dance who were inspired by living there: Isadora Duncan, a California native; Martha Graham, who spent her formative years in Santa Barbara; and Bella Lewitzky, who based her company in Los Angeles. The programme features Isadora, a reworking of Kenneth MacMillan’s dramatic and moving work for The Royal Ballet alongside Martha Graham’s iconic work Errand into the Maze. To complete the programme, a re-staging of Bella Lewitzky’s acclaimed quartet Meta 4 featuring guest artists from the US and UK.

Edited by PeterS
Sp
  • Thanks 1

Re: Jacob's Pillow .....

The Friends tour is apparently being coordinated by someone at the ENB. Perhaps they are sharing staff?  Or the ENB will be going as well? 

We will be taking a Supporter’s Tour to accompany The Royal Ballet in the US. To find out more please contact Michael Adamson via Michael.Adamson@ballet.org.uk.

Edited by oncnp

4 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

I think someone has used the wrong email address. Michael Adamson used to be at ENB but he’s now at ROH.

That's what I thought....ROH proof reading (or lack thereof) strikes again

Thanks

54 minutes ago, Sim said:

I wonder which supporter gets to go on tour?  

(I’m just being pedantic about the incorrect use of the apostrophe…always a bugbear with me!)

Sorry

2 hours ago, Sim said:

I wonder which supporter gets to go on tour?  

(I’m just being pedantic about the incorrect use of the apostrophe…always a bugbear with me!)

With me too, Sim. As is - at the risk of being controversial - the misuse of plural personal pronouns for a single individual. Like scraping a nail along a blackboard. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Scheherezade said:

With me too, Sim. As is - at the risk of being controversial - the misuse of plural personal pronouns for a single individual. Like scraping a nail along a blackboard. 

It's almost as bad as constantly incorrectly spelling  the word, 'principal' 🤣 Can't think who would do that? 😳

• Like 1