Royal Ballet Autumn 2022 Bookings

Not the easiest booking experience this morning as it took me some time to make a number of bookings and then in trying to get my credit card verification I ended up exceeding the 30 minutes and was out of time. [That was largely my fault as I hadn’t got round to using a new credit card.] Fortunately I was able to try again, secured all the tickets I’d previously put in my basket, and made sure I had sufficient time by splitting my order in two.

There were a couple of wrinkles. I found I was having to refresh the page when booking for more than one performance as I’d often get ‘tickets not on sale’ messages. I also found I was having to scroll through the lengthy ‘What’s on’ each time I was booking a ticket when I thought there used to be short cuts from my basket to the production and other dates although I readily concede It may well be my lack of IT nous. The final oddity was that some of the performance times seemed to be an hour out when looking at the information included in the basket - eg a Mayerling showing as 8pm when it’s 7pm. But the times are correct in the email confirmation.

• Like 3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no issues with booking this morning (over 40 performances/events), other than one event not being on the system and having to split the overall order into two sessions as at 20 minutes I was nervous that I wouldn't finish in 30 minutes (I probably would have done but better to be safe!).

I used the back button in my browser to go back to book multiple shows as, unlike the old system, I didn't get "stuck" on a booking page reloading.

I found the new calendar very useful as the month navigation function is pinned to the top of the screen.

I was using Safari on my iPad.

• Like 3

A bit of a nightmare trying to book tickets this morning. Finally, after changing browsers and accessing the ticket options via my Friends' page, it finally recognised me and stopped giving technical errors. In the meantime, I tried phoning the Box Office, but was continually on hold.  Oh the joys....................

1 hour ago, JennyTaylor said:

Oh the joys...

I hope after all the the struggles you got the tickets you wanted. 

I think my poor broadband might also have conspired against me as I didn’t receive my email credit card verification code for several minutes. Had it come through straight away I’d have been able to pay for my original basket and not had to go through the rigmarole of rebooking all my lost tickets. Next time I’ll certainly look to check out when there’s 10 minutes left.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a problem booking the New Lost Dog production ? 

I keep getting told it is not yet on sale even though it is in the new booking period. I've tried different browsers, clearing my history, logging in and out all to no avail. 

20 minutes ago, annamk said:

I keep getting told it is not yet on sale even though it is in the new booking period. I've tried different browsers, clearing my history, logging in and out all to no avail. 

This is what the production page says:

View priority booking dates

General: 27 July 2022, 9am

Friends: 5 July 2022, 9am

Young Friends: 5 July 2022, 9am

Friends+: 28 June 2022, 9am

Supporting Friends: 21 June 2022, 9am

Premium 1 Friends: 21 June 2022, 9am

Premium 2 Friends: 21 June 2022, 9am

Still no sign of the RB In Class on the main stage on 16 December...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oncnp
On 16/06/2022 at 09:48, annamk said:

According to Friend's newlsetter...now on sale

The first three are marked as "Previews" and less expensive (£4–£22.50 v. £8–£35)

Edited by oncnp

27 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

All went very smoothly for me this morning - no waiting room (did others have one?) and got what I wanted. Fingers crossed for everyone else!

Yes, very smooth, including the application of gift vouchers at checkout;  hope others find the same.  There was just a very brief "waiting room" for me. 

Edited by Richard LH
  • Like 1

Just now, Richard LH said:

Yes, very smooth, including the application of gift vouchers at checkout;  hope others find the same.    

Yes! Was sure to look out for it during the checkout process and once you've spotted the link it's very simple to apply them.

• Like 1

Pleased it went smoothly for others and I agree it's nice and easy to apply the credit vouchers at checkout.  Unfortunately it was the worst time I've had trying to book yet.  I couldn't load the seating plan on Chrome or Edge and kept getting error messages.  Tried my own laptop, the work laptop etc, eventually managed to book on Safari on my phone.  So it was quite stressful 😒

• Like 1

Logged in at 9am this morning at work and that went very smoothly. Booked for Mayerling, the Diamond Celebration and Nutcracker.

Only one small point was that I had to re-set the filter every time which is a bit of a pain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Also the 45 minute period for payment gives plenty of time to load your basket !

Very pleased to see this having struggled with the 30 minutes a few days ago.

One good thing I noticed was that you no longer have to click away the annoying message about how many tickets you're allowed to buy for each performance. IIRC I gave them feedback suggesting this be improved, so assuming it was in reaction to this (and possibly similar from others) it's great to see that they're taking these comments on board.

Next on the list: not having to choose the seat map option every time!

• Like 2

Smooth for me too.

But- is there some simpler way to go back and forth to a simple list of productions in the appropriate booking season ?  It is good to have the drop down list of dates for the production being booked, so one can go straight to another date- but when I then tried to move on to another ballet, it was back to square 1- or is that me just being slow and missing a trick?

• Like 2

I always start with a tab open for each performance I want to go to, with the page scrolled down to the correct date. It does mean that you have to go through the "do you want to use the seat map?" page each time but so far it's worked out well for me. (It might get confusing if you have many dates to book.)

• Like 1

Guest oncnp
8 minutes ago, Beryl H said:

Glad to hear the system has improved for most people, is it certain that the opening nights of Mayerling and Diamond Celebration will be shown on live cinema relay?

If the ROH doesn't change its mind....

5 hours ago, Mary said:

is there some simpler way to go back and forth to a simple list of productions in the appropriate booking season ? 

Not that I know of in the ROH interface. For me, it helps to navigate back (via Chrome) by depressing the browser back arrow to show all the previous pages of that window's session, so I can jump back to my previously filtered results page of ballet/main stage where I started

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mary said:

It is good to have the drop down list of dates for the production being booked, so one can go straight to another date

Except that in my experience it defaults back to a different date from the one you may have been looking at.

Can anyone that is a Friend or Young Friend tell me when the 'Your Booking Dates' states performances and Insights will open for you? My friend (with a small f) is concerned it's telling her that booking opens on 26th July when it should be 5th July.

1 hour ago, Rob S said:

Can anyone that is a Friend or Young Friend tell me when the 'Your Booking Dates' states performances and Insights will open for you? My friend (with a small f) is concerned it's telling her that booking opens on 26th July when it should be 5th July.

is she logged into her account? If I’m not logged in the website listings tell me general booking opens on July 27th. I’d I’m logged in then the listings tell me Friends booking opens on July 5th.

If I look under the my membership tab I’m told 5th July.

Has your friend’s membership lapsed? If not she’d best call the membership line.

Edited by PeterS
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PeterS said:

is she logged into her account? If I’m not logged in the website listings tell me general booking opens on July 27th. I’d I’m logged in then the listings tell me Friends booking opens on July 5th.

She must be, the page that gives her the date of her booking date of 26th July (which is not a date listed on the general page as being relevant to any customer type) also has a button to View Magazine and Season Guide....it does also states she can book a rehearsal from 12th July, and additional rehearsals from 14th July

7 minutes ago, Rob S said:

She must be, the page that gives her the date of her booking date of 26th July (which is not a date listed on the general page as being relevant to any customer type) also has a button to View Magazine and Season Guide....it does also states she can book a rehearsal from 12th July, and additional rehearsals from 14th July

Then perhaps Friends and Young Friends have different dates this time to avoid the site being overloaded. 
It would sort of make sense that Friends paying full price for tickets would have an advantage over Young Friends who get a discount. And that Young Friends get the edge on the General Public.

Edited by PeterS

Odd, she was particularly interested in Mayerling but each production for the rest of the season has the same date of release for Friends and Young Friends and that's in the region of a month in advance of the public. She has messaged the box office so maybe they'll put her mind at rest.

3 minutes ago, MaddieRose said:

I have 26th July when I'm logged into my account, but that's for Young ROH. 

I should've said she's a Young Friend in the original post. So you have the same problem, I'll let her know.