RBS Associate results

Sooty

52 minutes ago, Sooty said:

It was a London no for my son.

Whilst obviously a yes would be flattering, a no was easier in our case. Our circumstances have changed so much since the audition he couldn’t have gone (due to the war in Ukraine and older siblings and grandparents moving in here from Ukraine the house is overcrowded and massively financially stretched as well as rather disorganised.)

I sometimes think that things happen for a reason.  I hope things settle down soon in your crazy house and that all of your loved ones stay safe.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending you virtual hugs @Sooty

I hope all your loved ones are safe and that some semblance of normality returns  for you soon. It certainly puts a lot of things into perspective when we think about the situation in Ukraine.

I hope your son continues to enjoy his dancing and that other opportunities come his way when the time is right.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pointytoes said:

If we had our time again, we would not have given the place up. 
Better to not shut the door completely I believe. Just my musings!

Agree with this. In hindsight we would not have given up our MA place either.

Vocational/boarding is not for everyone. 

9 hours ago, Newbie2 said:

Does anyone know what time the girls SA London class would start and also how many are taken each year? 

Congratulations to all who have got on there 

There are usually around 15 girls in Birmingham and 15 in London. The times vary from year to year but it’s about three hours around 2.30 to 6.30. Over the last few years, based on the times DD and friends of various ages have been going, there has been flexibility on the timing from term to term.  Congratulations on the place.  

• Like 2

On 14/04/2022 at 21:45, MissEmily said:

Can’t believe I’m writing this, but does anyone have experience of an Elmhurst/ Birmingham MAs combo being allowed?! Or of asking to change centres?!

Congratulations to the yesses, and hold on in there not the not yets. It often really is “not YET”. 

My DD joined Elmhurst part way through a term and had to hand back both her MAs and Ballet Cymru Associate places as it was not allowed.  She was also offered RBS Seniors when she went into Elmhurst US and, again, was not allowed to do it.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

Just regretfully turned down a Year 7 girl's MA place in London.  Fingers crossed for the SWL! It would be lovely to think of someone in this community benefiting. 🙂

Just out of interest, why did you turn it down? Did you have to as your daughter at vocational school? 

My dd had a yes for SA in Birmingham she is going into school year 11 from September so I am guessing that is SA2? Does anyone know how many are in a class and what the times are for Birmingham? She is very excited and September can’t come quick enough 🩰 x

• Like 3

23 hours ago, NicolaP17 said:

My dd had a yes for SA in Birmingham she is going into school year 11 from September so I am guessing that is SA2? Does anyone know how many are in a class and what the times are for Birmingham? She is very excited and September can’t come quick enough 🩰 x

Well done to your daughter ! My daughter is in the current year 11 SA class in Birmingham , it’s a mixed class with year 10/11 with around 16 in the class . Time is 4- 6.15 pm and the go in around 3.45 pm . The teacher is incredible my daughter loves her . . 

4 hours ago, Skintdancemum said:

Well done to your daughter ! My daughter is in the current year 11 SA class in Birmingham , it’s a mixed class with year 10/11 with around 16 in the class . Time is 4- 6.15 pm and the go in around 3.45 pm . The teacher is incredible my daughter loves her . . 

Thank you so much, that is later than I thought probably better for us 👍 I am hoping to get the email with all the details on soon so we can plan.. will your daughter move up to AA’s? 

On 19/04/2022 at 13:40, dancefanatic said:

My DD joined Elmhurst part way through a term and had to hand back both her MAs and Ballet Cymru Associate places as it was not allowed.  She was also offered RBS Seniors when she went into Elmhurst US and, again, was not allowed to do it.

Have you ever heard of local dance schools (non vocational) not allowing students to attend Associates?

2 hours ago, MissEmily said:

@Newbie2Yes. There are a plethora of reasons why local dance schools might not want their students taking associate classes.

That’s right @MissEmily the school my dds went to was not keen on associates and there were reasons. Post Covid they have changed their minds somewhat. It is a thorny issue to say the least. It was to do with their festival team and the already busy training schedule. 

On 25/04/2022 at 20:10, NicolaP17 said:

Thank you so much, that is later than I thought probably better for us 👍 I am hoping to get the email with all the details on soon so we can plan.. will your daughter move up to AA’s? 

She has been offered a place on advanced but she’s off to elmhurst US in September instead . Your daughter will love it xx 

On 21/04/2022 at 14:04, MissEmily said:

Just regretfully turned down a Year 7 girl's MA place in London.  Fingers crossed for the SWL! It would be lovely to think of someone in this community benefiting. 🙂

My daughter has just been offered a place off the waitlist for Mid Associates Year 7 London. A thrilled daughter! So yes, someone has benefited and truly grateful! 🥰

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, Balletmumlife said:

My daughter has just been offered a place off the waitlist for Mid Associates Year 7 London. A thrilled daughter! So yes, someone has benefited and truly grateful! 🥰

Fantastic news, my DD also has a London place 😀

look forward to meeting you in September x

• Like 1