Vocational school applications for Y7 entry 2022

BalletBoysDad

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 31/01/2022 at 16:27, SJBallet said:

I called first but the lady I talked to wasn’t sure so I emailed the registrar and haven’t heard. It’s a long form to fill in so it’s annoying to have to start again for what will be the third time! 

UPDATE

The registrar has just emailed to say the IT department are working to fix it so they will be in touch when it is working. 

@Ballet Powerdid you manage to submit your form in the end? I still can’t submit it but the registrar said some have been able to 🙈

2 hours ago, MissEmily said:

@BattementBatty75 girls through to semi finals, 28 through to finals. It's completely different this year. My pupil didn't make it to finals either, but her JA teacher said that in any other year, she (and many more of her friends) would have been at finals. Such a shame 😞

That really isn’t a lot is it through to this final stage. I think we need to reinforce to our DDs and pupils that getting through to the semi finals this year is the equivalent of getting through to finals in any previous year. They were able to dance in front of, I assume, a panel similar to finals they just haven’t had the WL finals experience which is really sad in many ways. But still an incredible achievement. 

I hope the 28 have an amazing time and enjoy these next few days, and although sad my DD isn’t with them, wish them lots of luck. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MissEmily said:

@BattementBatty75 girls through to semi finals, 28 through to finals. It's completely different this year. My pupil didn't make it to finals either, but her JA teacher said that in any other year, she (and many more of her friends) would have been at finals. Such a shame 😞

Oh wow, how do you know this? That’s not many which I’m not sure is better or worse to be honest! Do you know how many boys at finals? 

5 hours ago, MissEmily said:

If that is the case (not just JA numbers?), I do actually think it is probably more productive for them to whittle it down like this as the girls who attend the final actually have a significant chance of a place.  It's a shame they didn't give more of an idea to the parents though as I would have made more of reaching the semi finals with my daughter.  Especially as her sister reached the finals 2 years ago but quite likely wouldn't have if they were like this year.  Also it suggests some semi finalists might be offered MA places.

Hope day one went well for those who were auditioning.

Edited by BattementBatty
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Ballet Power said:

Have you received any details about the funding audition?

I’ve emailed the registrar to say I couldn’t submit the form but haven’t had a reply. Not sure what to do! 
@SJBallet

No. When she replied to say there was still an error I asked if there was an itinerary for the day but haven’t heard back x

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwada said:

Does anyone know if they wear traditional School uniforms at Hammond? I heard they might change it to more track-suit style after Covid but don’t know what they ended up with?

They changed it last year to tracksuits. The kids wear polo shirts of different colours depending on their year x

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Waverley said:

The girls were told yesterday they would be out within 2 weeks I believe. There is at least one girl who wasn’t able to attend so they need to wait and see her first anyway. 

They said on the zoom this morning the same but that it might take a bit longer this year due to needing to see those that couldn’t make it in person xx 

16 hours ago, Waverley said:

The girls were told yesterday they would be out within 2 weeks I believe. There is at least one girl who wasn’t able to attend so they need to wait and see her first anyway. 

Hope it went well. I reckon you will hear this week they said 2 weeks 2 years ago and we heard within a week!  Mids results for another 3 weeks or so. Felt like forever. 

Were there only 30 girls at finals?

I'd hoped we'd hear this week too but as @Julsgalaxysays they did also stress on the zoom call yesterday that it would likely take longer than usual this year. 

Yes there were 30 girls at finals (though at least one absent as I say who's still to be seen). 

For anyone reading this for info for next year, in case it's helpful, on the first day they were split into 3 groups and they did ballet and physio. The second day they were split into 2 groups and they did more ballet and also character. There was a short recall at the end with a small number of girls in it.  There were 5 people on the panel both days. 

Just mentioning the above as I know last year was all a bit different to the norm. I would imagine next year will follow a similar format to this year, with a smaller group taken through to finals and the panel spending more time looking at them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Waverley said:

I'd hoped we'd hear this week too but as @Julsgalaxysays they did also stress on the zoom call yesterday that it would likely take longer than usual this year. 

Just to further manage expectations, the results from the Yr8/9 and Yr10/11 audition that took place 24th-26th February haven’t come out yet.  

Edited by stardust1