RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

Does anyone think London will be tomorrow with Totnes, Friday  or next week? I’m starting to feel very anxious and torn between wanting to know and not wanting to know 😂😥🤢

I think the earliest we'll hear for London would be Tuesday. I'm so nervous as its my DD first audition 

• Like 1

Just now, Balletgirl80 said:

I think the earliest we'll hear for London would be Tuesday. I'm so nervous as its my DD first audition 

Same here, it’s our DD’s first JA audition. Others, that she has done in the past, we have heard on the day (EYB and LCB). This waiting is brutal! 🤢

2 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

Leeds year 4/5 is 12.15 to 2.30 next year. They have been the first class in the morning but we will be changing from September so the year 6 class is going to be the 9.30am now instead of the yr 4/5. There was me thinking I would finally get to the year of lie ins, and the RBS powers that be, change their mind 😂

Thank you for this. Depending on when term starts it might clash with EYB eek! How do I deal with that??? 

10 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

Same here, it’s our DD’s first JA audition. Others, that she has done in the past, we have heard on the day (EYB and LCB). This waiting is brutal! 🤢

How did your dd do at EYB and LCB? We're very new to this and JA is my DD first ever ballet audition 😊. I agree this waiting is hard, I am so impatient. 

8 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Thank you for this. Depending on when term starts it might clash with EYB eek! How do I deal with that??? 

You will get a pack with all the dates quite soon.....we usually get them in June. It will have email contacts on there too so you could email them. But parents do attend the first lesson with students as they are shown all the exercises etc, and expectations for uniform etc are set out. It is usually mid September it begins......was the 15th this year

• Like 2

Thank you @sunrise81  a mid sept start reduces it down to 2 clashes. One would be to request a later start at EYB and one is the actual performance which would be a missed JA class. Would that be allowed? (Why couldn’t they leave the younger ones with a 9.30 start 😭)

The email said further info would  be sent in July but we have to accept EYB by 2nd July. 

Sorry I probably appear quite neurotic now. This was not something I thought we would be facing. It’s a good problem to have but I’d hate to tell DD she can’t do EYB 😮X

17 minutes ago, Balletgirl80 said:

How did your dd do at EYB and LCB? We're very new to this and JA is my DD first ever ballet audition 😊. I agree this waiting is hard, I am so impatient. 

LOL...I’m not very patient either. She got a yes for EYB (English Youth Ballet) and a no for LCB (London Children’s Ballet). EYB was her first ever audition and she loved performing and training with them. She learned a lot and as a tall year 4, she was dancing with year 6s. She didn't even get through the first round for LCB, so she has had the experience of both a yes and a no. She does compete in festivals as well, so she knows it all comes down to what the adjudicator likes and how she performs on the day. Good luck to your DD! Let’s hope the wait isn't too long 🤞

Edited by Catlynn
Typo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Thank you @sunrise81  a mid sept start reduces it down to 2 clashes. One would be to request a later start at EYB and one is the actual performance which would be a missed JA class. Would that be allowed? (Why couldn’t they leave the younger ones with a 9.30 start 😭)

The email said further info would  be sent in July but we have to accept EYB by 2nd July. 

Sorry I probably appear quite neurotic now. This was not something I thought we would be facing. It’s a good problem to have but I’d hate to tell DD she can’t do EYB 😮X

I am sure the teacher wont mind missing a lesson for a performance, especially since it was auditioned for before results came out. She is very understanding,  but does also make it clear that they should attend every lesson and RBS should be more important than festivals etc, but plenty seem to still do these.....my dd never has. They changed the time so that the Year 6s could attend the Northern Ballet CAT scheme in the afternoon (which my dd will be doing).

10 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

LOL...I’m not a very patient either. She got a yes for EYB (English Youth Ballet) and a no for LCB (LondonChildren’s Ballet). EYB was her first ever audition and she loved performing and training with them. She learned a lot and as a tall year 4, she was dancing with year 6s. She didn't even get through the first round for LCB, so she has had the experience of both a yes and a no. She does compete in festivals as well, so she knows it all comes down to what the adjudicator likes and how she performs on the day. Good luck to your DD! Let’s hope the wait isn't too long 🤞

Well done for EYB, such good experiences for her. Good luck to your DD too

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

It does clash, yes. I spoke to EYB as we knew she’d got in before the EYB audition. They said they’d let the JAs miss one of the two Saturday rehearsals, maybe both but they’d have to miss JAs for matinee day. It also clashes with another programme for us too so we decided not to do it this time as she wants to be at all her royal classes 

52 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

I think London could be tomorrow, or any day after that until about next Wednesday. Depends how much else they have to do in the office I guess! Also think it’s likely London will come out over a couple of days.

I actually think LCB was more brutal for us - a week or two wait for the invite to the finals, and then another couple of weeks wait after that for the results. Total of three rounds of auditions - that was brutal. 

Fingers crossed our wait will be over soon! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spamcat said:

2 more Bath results, my DDs 2 friends (a yr5 girl and a yr4 boy) who applied also got a no. Bath has not been very kind to the forum this year! Is there a single Bath yes?

I hope the rest of the results come out this week so everyone knows where they are! Good luck all still waiting. xx

My my girl got a short waiting list for bath!!!!! Really pleased as really thought it would be a no. Does anyone have any idea how many are put on the waiting list?? 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sally-Anne said:

I think London could be tomorrow, or any day after that until about next Wednesday. Depends how much else they have to do in the office I guess! Also think it’s likely London will come out over a couple of days.

I actually think LCB was more brutal for us - a week or two wait for the invite to the finals, and then another couple of weeks wait after that for the results. Total of three rounds of auditions - that was brutal. 

Fingers crossed our wait will be over soon! 

Did you get into LCB after all those rounds? Our DD didn't really like the audition and felt she wasn’t challenged enough, which she was at the EYB audition (parents watched so I know she was asked to do things she never had done before). Her duet partner went through to LCB finals but didn't make the final cut. 

3 hours ago, SJBallet said:

It was lovely. I put the news in a card congratulating her for EYB and adding that it was also for JAs. She looked at me and cried 😍. She is very excited and I’m still reading the email constantly to check I’ve got it right! X

That's lovely, wish I had thought of it😀

49 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

I am sure the teacher wont mind missing a lesson for a performance, especially since it was auditioned for before results came out. She is very understanding,  but does also make it clear that they should attend every lesson and RBS should be more important than festivals etc, but plenty seem to still do these.....my dd never has. They changed the time so that the Year 6s could attend the Northern Ballet CAT scheme in the afternoon (which my dd will be doing).

Oh that’s good to hear. And a good point about getting EYB before JAs. It will just be the one and we won’t be committing to anything else. 

Fab that your daughter is doing the CAT scheme. A few girls from DDs dance school did it and loved it x 

I also need to look at Northern in the hope their are some adult classes at a similar time to make up for me missing my pointe class 😂

Thank you for all your help. I’ll stop detailing the thread now x

28 minutes ago, PutYourBooteesOn said:

It does clash, yes. I spoke to EYB as we knew she’d got in before the EYB audition. They said they’d let the JAs miss one of the two Saturday rehearsals, maybe both but they’d have to miss JAs for matinee day. It also clashes with another programme for us too so we decided not to do it this time as she wants to be at all her royal classes 

Oh thank you. I was going to email both and hope they’d be understanding. I don’t want to over commit DD but EYB would be almost over when JAs start so hope we can make it work. 

22 minutes ago, Daintydancer said:

My my girl got a short waiting list for bath!!!!! Really pleased as really thought it would be a no. Does anyone have any idea how many are put on the waiting list?? 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

That is great, at least one person has something other than a NO from Bath! I really hope she gets a place from the waiting list, fingers crossed!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

Did you get into LCB after all those rounds? Our DD didn't really like the audition and felt she wasn’t challenged enough, which she was at the EYB audition (parents watched so I know she was asked to do things she never had done before). Her duet partner went through to LCB finals but didn't make the final cut. 

She didn’t get in after all those rounds - she really had her heart set on it, she loves the story of ballet shoes. I hadn’t really considered EYB as it’s so expensive  -  is it worth the money do you think?

2 minutes ago, Sally-Anne said:

She didn’t get in after all those rounds - she really had her heart set on it, she loves the story of ballet shoes. I hadn’t really considered EYB as it’s so expensive  -  is it worth the money do you think?

It is definitely worth it! When I worked out the number of hours they trained and rehearsed, it wasn’t that much different than the cost of a ballet class hourly. The experience gave our DD so much confidence in her dancing and being on stage. She would love to do it again! ☺️

49 minutes ago, Daintydancer said:

Congrats on Swl. They do not put many on there.

Edited by Mummy twinkle toes

2 hours ago, Spamcat said:

2 more Bath results, my DDs 2 friends (a yr5 girl and a yr4 boy) who applied also got a no. Bath has not been very kind to the forum this year! Is there a single Bath yes?

I hope the rest of the results come out this week so everyone knows where they are! Good luck all still waiting. xx

From our dance school we know of 2 yeses. 1 girl and 1 boy (yr 5 and 6)

32 minutes ago, Sally-Anne said:

We had exactly the same situation with LCB. Both of my DDs got through the Day 1 cuts and got to Finals (second time auditioning for both) but neither of them was offered a place either in the Main Cast or the tour. It was particularly disappointing for DD1 as she is now too old to audition again. She has performed in EYB twice and loved it and it has helped her get over the disappointment of LCB.

• Like 1

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I know nothing about the SWL.

Has anyone ever had luck finding out their DC’s position on the waiting list (chances)?

How really short is that list?

I’ve heard anecdotes of people getting places off the list, but no one I personally know.  

I’ve already responded “yes please” to the list, but have no idea of the chances.

I’m heartbroken for DD who who thinks “she’s kind of in and it’s just a matter of time now”.

I can’t tell her that she’s wrong or that she’s right... and she’s too small to understand. 

Edited by ExpatB
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ExpatB said:

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I know nothing about the SWL.

Has anyone ever had luck finding out their DC’s position on the waiting list (chances)?

How really short is that list?

I’ve heard anecdotes of people getting places off the list, but no one I personally know.  

I’ve already responded “yes please” to the list, but have no idea of the chances.

I’m heartbroken for DD who who thinks “she’s kind of in and it’s just a matter of time now”.

I can’t tell her that she’s wrong or that she’s right... and she’s too small to understand. 

I’m so sorry @ExpatB, I’m no help but I wanted to send you and DD a virtual hug. Im keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you. 

• Like 1