Opinions on Ballet Boost Associates?

Encroix

There is a Ballet Boost Associates audition near us this month. What are people's opinions and experience of them? Is it a relatively new enterprise?  are the standards high? DD wants to apply and she has a couple of classmates who have been doing it this year 

My son has been going to BBA since January 17 and he has really progressed and loves it.  Teaching is of a very high standard and Emma Northmore is always on hand to speak to parents and talk about their progress.  I highly recommend it.  My DS auditioned successfully for vocational school this year and his BBA teacher supported him through the process

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Dancermum2003 said:

Haven’t done associates but holiday courses are very good. Just a word of warning - the regulars feature A LOT of favourites. Dd found that hard.

Sorry but what do you mean by "the regulars feature A LOT of favourites"?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dancermum2003 said:

Sorry dreadful wording! The regulars who attend the courses get a lot more attention than newbies.

Thanks for clarifying - that must be disappointing as they do purport to give individual attention.

• Like 1

I had read this differently so yes thank you for making it clear.  I had thought you were saying that it is the same people who attend who also go to other associates.  It does appear that the same DCs attend a number of schemes - there must be a lots of juggling going on!

• Like 1

Dd was one of the first to do the BBA scheme and she got a lot out of it. It gave her the confidence to audition for full time training and she made some lovely friends. I would say go along with an open mind, different schemes suit different children.

The organisational problems in Devon don't have anything to do with BBA - it's the centre that has been double-booking etc. All BBA classes have been run, even when the venue has needed to be changed (apart from when unavoidable because of the snow) and the teaching is exceptional! 

Edited by glissade

• 1 year later...

My daughter has missed the opportunity to audition for Devon this year.  I have only just heard of ballet boost.  She is auditioning for Elmhurst.  It sounds great and she would love to audition when the auditions are open again.  Fantastic it is nearby also! 

Her teachers are great now and will only compliment her training further :) she has only been doing ballet a short time but seen so much progression bless her :) 

• 1 month later...

My DS is at Hull, the teachers are both excellent. They've just added a contemporary class as they've only been in Hull this year. It's well run and DS is enjoying it. It's usually on the same dates as London and I think Emma teaches there. She is in Hull for the auditions and assessments this weekend.

4 hours ago, Tutusrus said:

Does Emma teach at the other locations?  Has anyone got any experience of BBA Hull? 

We really like it, we’d been doing the summer courses and were then thrilled to have a centre nearer to us. Emma couldn’t be more supportive and her ethos/approach to training young dancers is excellent. 

My daughter is starting in September.  The e mails they send are professional and from the research I have done this far they sound amazing.

The teachers seem very well qualified and experienced and we feel very fortunate to have the opportunity for our daughter to have training with them.  I wish they had fourtnightly lessons in our area.  The only downside to living in my area of the country.

I will update you when she starts.  Her friend is also applying after speaking to us.  They seem to have a really good ethos and I love that they do body conditioning etc as well as technique 

Hth :)

My daughter is auditioning this weekend, she is 11, but been placed in the senior group for her audition. She is on pointe - But not at a senior level so she is a little worried! Do they place children in groups regarding exam levels rather than age as she is studying Inter foundation. I don't want her to turn up and feel overwhelmed by much older/ more experienced dancers x Any advice would be appreciated xx

I have corresponded with Roberta that does the administration and teaching.  She has been lovely when I asked questions.  I would phone and speak with her or Emma.  They are incredibly approachable.  It will set your and your daughter's mind at rest :)

Edited by MummytoIzzy
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, dancingboy65 said:

My DS is at Hull, the teachers are both excellent. They've just added a contemporary class as they've only been in Hull this year. It's well run and DS is enjoying it. It's usually on the same dates as London and I think Emma teaches there. She is in Hull for the auditions and assessments this weekend.

When do you find out about fees etc... Trying to juggle different associate classes with life and financial pulls!!!! Would be nice to know rough costs before I have to make a decision on what my dd can and can't do!!! Is it twice a month in Hull on the selected Sundays. 

I think where I am they perhaps have less lessons and teachers have to travel further? It's great as classes are nearly 3 hours long.  Thankfully my daughter is used to doing 2 hour ballet sessions so won't be to much of a shock.  I joke she is like an energiser bunny as she has boundless energy it's exhausting for me!

They don't do contemporary etc but perhaps that will change in the future for us.  Have ordered her uniform she's going to be excited to try it on.  Good luck to your do in the audition x