Living at The Hammond

Ballet4Boyz

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to disagree, Snape, but they don't need to bring most things home at half term - just what they need or what they want to wash. By the end of her time there my DD was coming home by herself on the train, so just bringing what she could carry. They do have to bring everything home at the end of term though. My DD was allowed to keep a little bit of stuff there as she was classed 'overseas'!

Oh Regattah, that's good to know. I just did what the matrons said ( maybe because my DD is younger) they need to have a good clean under those beds! Hehe. She is taking much less this year! Most of the space is bedding, towels and various stretching things! Hopefully she can leave some of that there. ????

This is what my DD says, Clovelly (younger girls) don't know about oldies:

Breakfast is at the boarding house.

Monday to Friday they can have cereal/toast sometimes yogurts and fruit and the special which changes daily, can be pancakes, porridge, croissants, beans different things. Breakfast is delivered hot if it is hot?

Year 7 get help with making hot things if they want them at other times, year 8 do a bit more themselves. Apparently!

Saturday: cereals and toast, yogurts

Sunday: cooked breakfast

DD says you can take your own cereal or whatever if you don't like any they have but there really is no need, they are fed really well!

• Like 1

Early days yet I know, but hope your dd is settling into her new school ok. DS is loving 6th form!!

Thank you, she certainly seems to be.  Having oldest DD there has been a real bonus for her although they look so alike she's been told off twice for not being in 6th form class  :lol:

• Like 3

I hope they all get better soon my dd was lucky she got away with just feeling ill with headache so she was only off yesterday when they rang me they said 6 girls and 2 boys had it so far. And usually this happens at the beginning then they fine for rest of year fingers crossed they all follow suit.

Don't think it's the school side of things as DD used to 8.30 start and 6.00pm finish with 4 hrs timetabled dance a day! It's the travelling from house to school thats new and making her feel tired!! Plus all the new routines! Hopefully a nice weekend at home will sort everyone out - lots of hugs and tlc for everyone!! Enjoy the weekend xx

It's only 10-15 mins journey isn't it from the boarding house to school?

Dd will consider this morning as a lie in. The short journey from the boarding house will be a welcome luxury after last nights late night. It takes over an hour for her to get to school & back. I don't know how she does it!

Early finish tonight for her but she will have to wait until 5pm for her dad to finish before she comes home.

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight