Alessandra Ferri

I was a bit nonplussed by this. Nice to see Ferri 'out there' in the real world, so to speak; but is it really the use of Boot products (or any other products!) that has kept her body so strong and supple? I think not. She's a tremendous advert for ballet training, and for sheer artistry regardless of age; but not for beauty products.

• Like 4

I was a bit nonplussed by this. Nice to see Ferri 'out there' in the real world, so to speak; but is it really the use of Boot products (or any other products!) that has kept her body so strong and supple? I think not. She's a tremendous advert for ballet training, and for sheer artistry regardless of age; but not for beauty products.

Oh, I don't know - I'm convinced and off to Boots tomorrow for a pot of face cream. Do you think it will shrink beer-tummies too? 

;)

• Like 10

I think it's sufficiently attention-holding to be effective as a video ad, but they do seem to soft-focus the money-shot. The print version I've seen in a magazine is a mis-fire. I've been a very satisfied user of these "premium" Boots" products for years and although older than Ms Ferri have far fewer wrinkles.

Being considerably less fit and beautiful, I'd look like a sack of potatoes standing beside her - but smooth-skinned potatoes.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Well she couldn't have made it clearer that she is desperate to dance Marguerite and that is in the RB schedule so I don't think it's too great a leap to make the connection.

...... and I am now starting to feel for the long-term resident RB ballerinas who are also longing to dance Marguerite - and who I want to see dance Marguerite.

• Like 4

yes I wonder what the other resident principals think of mrs Ferri coming as a guest for a major role

( I just hope you will not erase my message this time / just not very polite...)