Tring auditions for 2017 entry

Happymum

I only said 50 in 6.2 as DD got 2 friends in that year. Regarding accommodation 2 years ago we were told she had to live on site even though I had family she could live with 20mins away. Accommodation was around £10,500 and even with Dada maintenance grant we would still have had to find £7000 a year. Which we couldnt do. Where she is training, after full Dada and maintenance grant we only have to find £3000 a year. I think it is more at Tring as they have been doing a lot of work on accommodation etc a couple of years ago. I hope they are not doing their final first this year and charging £650 non refundable deposit to hold your place for more than 7 days, this was what they did 2 years ago.x

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's less staying in from lower school than I would have imagined, but I guess funding comes into it for everyone

Many different reasons for moving on. There were only 10 dancers in 5th form. 2 stopped dancing, one moved courses within Tring, 4 continued dancing elsewhere. Anyone in an MDS was allowed to carry it into 6th form.

The letter says if you are offered a scholarship after finals you will only have 2 weeks to accept it and pay the deposit - but doesn't say how much for the deposit so don't know if that will be the full £2250 or a reduced one. Might be some tough decisions for people to make when there are still finals to go elsewhere!

I think the head of dance is very keen to have students who choose Tring as their first choice and not as a second choice 'I've got nowhere else I better accept Tring'. Of course it won't be everyone's top choice and they should hang out for what they really want, luckily there are many schools to choose from.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

From my experience - we will not receive any more information then the letter we have already received inviting our DC to scholarship audition. There is a date and time provided and if it's anything like a year and two ago - there will be no more communication.

My DS needs to be there next Tuesday at 10am.

Good luck to your DC.

Moderators - maybe this should be merged with previous "Tring September 2017 entry"?

One less at funding... My DD has been offered WL x

Good luck all DC

X

Well done to your DD! Fantastic! Also such a relief for you that you don't need to attend any more auditions and wait for more results. Did you also audition at Elmhurst?

Does anybody know how many MDS places are available at Tring this year?

From memory there seem to be anything from 5-10 - it varies year to year depending on how many students with MDS' are leaving the school. A couple of years ago there were 7 in total to cover everyone auditioning from yr7 up to sixth form entry.

Off to hotel near Tring tomorrow to be ready for Tuesday morning finals. And today? DS went to a multi sport birthday party and came back with a swollen and purple eyebrow... a boy accidentally run into him. ???? Fingers crossed it disappears by Tuesday.

Edited by Happymum

I've just finished packing ready to set off tomorrow with my DD. Typically she's been poorly all week and has an absolutely hacking dry cough. Always bad timing. Can anyone confirm it's leotard and convertible ballet tights? Safe journey to everyone else travelling tomorrow

Oh no Happymum!! Hope the bruising calms down but know if won't affect your lovely DS' dancing.  All the best to him for this week, I will be thinking of you and all the others DC at Tring and Elmhurst this week (I'm assuming Elmhurst finals are also this week?).

Oh no Happymum!! Hope the bruising calms down but know if won't affect your lovely DS' dancing. All the best to him for this week, I will be thinking of you and all the others DC at Tring and Elmhurst this week (I'm assuming Elmhurst finals are also this week?).

Thank you Dancefanatic.

Elmhurst is not until the following week.

• Like 1

Wow, 10 MDS awards is the most they've had for a while isn't it? I decided not to put dd through the process again this year... she loved it there and it's tough to get a no for Tring because it's so nice there. Good luck all!

Wow, 10 MDS awards is the most they've had for a while isn't it? I decided not to put dd through the process again this year... she loved it there and it's tough to get a no for Tring because it's so nice there. Good luck all!

Yes I agree. When my DD was there 2 years ago there were 60 children for 7 or 8 MDS places (can't remember) - still slim chance though. 20 more minutes till my DS finishes his class.

Yes I agree. When my DD was there 2 years ago there were 60 children for 7 or 8 MDS places (can't remember) - still slim chance though. 20 more minutes till my DS finishes his class.

I hope you're ds audition went well Happymum. I'm sure he'll be whisked away for Physio next! I'm sure there'll be an MDS for him and I actually think the 'bruised in action look' is going to work in his favour!

• Like 1