Tring auditions for 2017 entry

Happymum

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Caitlin_dance,

WOW Only one boy. its a lovely school thanks for the feed back.

2 years ago if I remember well there were around 10 (if not more) boys at finals, but it might have been a mix of year 7-11.

Generally because of very limited MDS offers there aren't many boys at Tring (on dance course) A year or 2 ago there where only 2 or 3 in year 7. More boys join later apparently. Boys have their everyday ballet class together with girls and have only a separate boys only class with male teacher if possible while girls have their point class.

That was worrying me a bit but then the school produced some great dancers and more then once Tring boys got in to RBS upper school so the training is very good.

2 years ago if I remember well there were around 10 (if not more) boys at finals, but it might have been a mix of year 7-11.

Generally because of very limited MDS offers there aren't many boys at Tring (on dance course) A year or 2 ago there where only 2 or 3 in year 7. More boys join later apparently. Boys have their everyday ballet class together with girls and have only a separate boys only class with male teacher if possible while girls have their point class.

That was worrying me a bit but then the school produced some great dancers and more then once Tring boys got in to RBS upper school so the training is very good.

Hi, 

Thanks for the info, I am able through work mainly giving me a boarding school allowance to pay a lot towards his education and training so would not really be looking at the MDS route and would much prefer an MDS slot go to a talented child not in my child place.    

• Like 7

Hi, 

Thanks for the info, I am able through work mainly giving me a boarding school allowance to pay a lot towards his education and training so would not really be looking at the MDS route and would much prefer an MDS slot go to a talented child not in my child place.

Armydancer that is a really lovely thing to say.

• Like 3

The journey begins to tring!!

The best of luck. It's a fantastic school. 3 recent male graduates working in Matthew Bournes company this season. Also one special young lady started on the international tour of Cats only having just starred her 3rd year.

• Like 2

Army dancer just be mindful that the military only provide a certain amount towards the boarding costs. You will have to find approximately £3000 per term yourself maybe more. My daughter attended Tring and we are also a military family. MDS awards would be more beneficial.

• 3 weeks later...

Ballet class, modern class, flexibility assessment, 1 minute solo, academic tests (lower school)

Does anyone know what the academic tests are like for sixth form entry - in terms of subjects assessed, duration of tests etc? Many Thanks