Tring auditions for 2017 entry

Happymum

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The January week for the dance course is the same week as dd has to do her own school seniors audition and it's quite possile that some of the other schools she is interested in will turn out to be during that week too. Not quite sure if it's best to get application off and ask to swap dates if there's a clash or wait for the other schools to publish dates. Also not sure of the wisdom of several auditions in the same week either if it can be avoided. Decisions decisions!

Edited for typo

Edited by Karen

Do Tring only have the one set of dates?

I'd go for those & apply for a different audition date elsewhere.

Dd may possibly be applying for 6th form MT course this time next year but she won't be applying at very many places so hopefully not too many clashes.

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight

I looked up the dates at other school my DS applied for plus checked my work schedule then I ask for the 6th Dec at Tring and was offered it with no problems. I think they will always be as helpful as they can if you need to change dates (as long as they are not full on that day)

I would send it off fairly quickly Karen, I believe the 23rd Jan may already be full as I have heard of applicants now being offered 24th already. You may be able to change later but best to secure a date.

Thank you Loulabelle - I think that's a good idea too. Does anyone know if Rambert favour a particular day of the week for their auditions please?

Do Tring only have the one set of dates?

I'd go for those & apply for a different audition date elsewhere.

Dd may possibly be applying for 6th form MT course this time next year but she won't be applying at very many places so hopefully not too many clashes.

They have 4 days of dance course auditions advertised, all in the same week, day 1 clashing with the only senior audition date school are prepared to offer according to the letter. However, that one doesn't have to be accepted till nearer Christmas, so will possibly wait and see.

I've sent the application on Thursday and heard back from Tring today that my DS is invited to audition on Tue 6th of December.

I think he will need to change his solo as its 1min 25 secs long and they say that it can't be longer then one minute

Miss Rist quite likes originality and the student's own work goes down well.

Absolutely sarahw, a little sad that it's all over as I am incredibly proud of her but ultimately it's her choice and I must admit it will be nice not having all the worry, fretting and rushing about any more lol :) xx

Is your DD giving up dance altogether, Lema?

• Like 1

Good luck lema, I followed you story last year and possibly the year before, I'm sure things will work out for you. I know everyone says that and it's hard to believe at the time. I can vouch for it though, thankfully things worked out for my dd in the end - for now anyway!

• Like 1

Thank you all and she isn't giving up dance completely, she's returning to her Little local school, she's gave up all her associate classes bar one which she really really loves but that is all the ballet she will do, one monthly class!! She is just going to dance locally for fun. It is a real shame as she has done so well but I fully support her decision after all it is her life and she needs to be 100% happy. Plus she was thrown into it all so quickly and the last two years have been a whirlwind so I don't think she's really had much chance to take a step back and question is this really what I want? We didn't apply for any summer schools this year and I think the summer break gave her that little space to really think about the way things were going, and she realised she really missed her friends and the troupes and the lyrical, modern etc And just the fun!! She still loves Ballet but Whether or not she will ever return to ballet only time will tell xx

• Like 7

I can empathise Lema as my dd did exactly the same.. gave up London associate programmes and went back to local small ballet school as in her case she was utterly burnt out by it all..( and so was I) .... but just to warn you...much to her and our shock ... 12 months later dd got a place at WL...!!

• Like 9