Elmhurst Auditions

Lifeafterballet

We went to Elmhurst yesterday for the upper school auditions.  I was impressed by the time and effort they put into informing and advising the parents about the academic, residential  and dance provision and it was a nice touch to invite the parents into the audition at the end. 

• Like 5

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes bus is easy and quick but you do need exact change.... Adult and child was £3.30 i think. Elmhurst helped with taxi shares back to station at end of audition which then was cheaper than the bus which was handy.

Edited by chaperone

Thank you for your kind words :) feeling a bit better now I've calmed down a bit. At times like this I question why I do this but what can you do when your child wants to keep doing it! At least I have good news to give her after the bad , her teacher is putting her in for her grade 5 exam . Hopefully will give Her a little smile xx

Thanks for all the kind words:), when I told her she was a little upset but said oh well I love my ballet teacher here more!! Elmhurst was the only vocational school she was interested in so didn't bother auditiong for anywhere else. I spoke to her teacher here and she said my dd had told her she didn't think she wanted to leave home yet and wanted to do all her grades with her and then try for sixth form . And had lovely feedback from her saying she is a beautiful dancer and and is very talented she just had to work on her confidence and performance but she thinks that will come with age as she has lots of potential. Her local teacher is amazing and lots of her students go to vocational school at 16. So now we have thought about it I'm happy having her with me for longer ☺️

• Like 12

That's great to know that your DD is happy :-) Enjoy having her at home for longer. Elmhurst is a lovely school and your DD might be accepted when she tries at 16 (or earlier). Very positive post - hope I can write a similar one if my DD gets a "no" letter.

• Like 2

Grumpybearzuk that is fab. So positive - and it would be a shame to lose a great home teacher.

My dd has been unsuccessful (in getting an MDS) in more than 1 year which was devastating for her. Her home teachers are fab and they are definitely the silver lining. ........ I wasn't able to see that as quickly as you have.

• Like 1

If I had my time back again I would have kept my daughter at home with her family until she was 16 With good good training and private 1-1 coaching and perhaps associate programmes there is every reason your child will do just as well when she is 16. This isn't the same for everyone , but it didn't feel right leaving my little girl at Tring, she was so small and vulnerable. So keep your precious little child with you for as long as you can.

• Like 11

I think if we didn't have the training she has here locally then I would be worried now but her teacher provides excellent training and I think her training at home will be better for her as I know she will be happy and has been with her school since 4 so has grown up with her dance friends. I'm a true believer in things happen for a reason and today I have seen the silver lining , I think also my dd desperately wants to start pointe work and will love it even more with her dance teacher xxx good luck everyone xxx

• Like 4

yes I had it last Thursday. I really enjoyed the experience and it was such a lovely school and atmosphere. Had my letter today and as I expected it was a no for finals. Still a little disappointed as I really loved the school but life goes on x