Elmhurst Auditions

Lifeafterballet

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to all the yeses and commiserations to the no's - as you say Danceintherain the Dcs are incredibly resilient and this absolutely does not mean the end of a dance career.

My Dd has a yes for Year 7 but after discussing it is definitely taking up her White Lodge place and I know of another girl and boy doing the same so I really hope that this means that some of your dcs get to go instead. ????

• Like 10

It's a Yes for us too! To be honest I am in complete shock as we started to think dd didn't have what it takes after the rejection from Tring. Just goes to show you should never give up and not all the schools will be looking for the same thing.

Well done to everyone else who has a yes :-)

• Like 15

Lovely to hear of so many yeses....but for us it was another no, dd not back from class yet so haven't told her, hope she doesn't take it too badly, it's been one hell of a year (well just over) first proper ballet class through to all the yeses and now the no's!! Well it sure is a rollercoaster and we shall be sitting down and making some decisions about what next for her, we need to step up the training if she's just stayin l

• Like 3

Oh Lema, I do feel for you. We had all no's/ waiting lists last year and it's very hard. This year (for Year 8 entry) it has been easier despite some more no's. Still waiting on MAs but no expectations. Dd is a lot more relaxed and enjoying exploring other avenues. Things have a way of working out for the best even if it does not seem that way at the time.

Congratulations to all the yeses. Very exciting times!

• Like 7

Well done if you have a yes for Elmhurst huge achievement for your dc ;)

I really feel for the DC with the no's it's so hard on everyone involved it's like an emotional roller coaster which I imagine you are ready to get off?!?! But It does make our children stronger ready for the next experience... Remember there are different paths to follow but they will all lead to a similar place in the end. Well done and be proud of your wonderful talented children ;)

C4D

X

• Like 3

Although I've not posted before I have been following your journeys with much interest as we've also been in the same emotional rollover coaster!

Wonderful news for all those who have been offered places so sorry for those with the no's.

I'm wondering if anyone has any info/ experience of the Elmhurst reserve pool?

The offer letter from. Elmhurst says you have a week to accept otherwise the offer will be given to someone else. Don't know if they will wait until then to send out further offers or do it as refusals come in.

I do feel for all of those still waiting- the rollercoaster goes on. ????

Congratulations to all of the DC who got a yes, Elmhurst seemed a really lovely and special place and I hope they have a happy and successful time there.

So disappointed for those with a no but to even get into the finals is an achievement and shows they have potential and talent and they only have a few places so don't give up. I am sure there will be other opportunities and I am sure some waiting list places will become available.

• Like 2

Dd is fine thank you everyone, looking forward to continuing her journey, after all she had only been taking proper ballet classes for little over a year so I'm sure she still has much to learn and gain from this rollercoaster ride!! Congratulations again to the yeses I'm extremely happy for you all and wish you dc all the best on their adventure!! X

• Like 3

Oh Lema! Your DD must be amazingly talented! Hard to believe that she made it through to finals at all 3 schools she tried for after just a year of ballet lessons! I didn't realise! She did extremely well! I know that they all say it's just potential they are looking for but in reality the exercises they do at the auditions are not the easiest and not very basic!

She has done very well and I'm extremely proud of her!! It's been an exciting introduction into the world of ballet for us and we both still have much to learn!! We are going to keep on going and hopefully increase her classes, but most of all just continue to love to dance!! While she loves it I'm happy to support her in whatever she chooses to do!! Xx

• Like 6