RBS preliminary auditions

Zacharovitti

Congratulations to all the Yes's so far, and so sorry to hear about the other No's.

Sandsfoot, sorry to hear about your No. My DS also got the "performed well" comment, but didn't get a "strongly being considered for MA's", although in fact the MA is what we were really hoping for (didn't really ever, ever, expect a WL place!).

I am a bit taken aback in reading your post as I didn't know that they wrote that on some of the e-mails. I was consoling myself that we were still in the running for consideration for a MA place but now I guess I was wrong!

Does anyone else have any insight into this?

Hi yes I'm also interested in whether some got 'strongly considered for MA'S' my dd was in the year 8 audition but was also only really interested in mids place and on our No letter we didn't have any mention of consideration for MA so if others have got this then should we just assume we are out of running for that? Last year dd was a JA and did have that she would be strongly considered for MA on the letter but then got waiting list but no place. What are others no letters saying?

• Like 1

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it's not the case this time, but when my daughter auditioned (she was a JA and this was about 10 years ago now) we forgot to tick the MA box and I only found that out because the no letter for WL didn't mention being considered for MA and I rang to check! She didn't get MIDs either in the end and I do wonder if that was partly due to them not knowing she wanted it!!

Congratulations to all the Yes's so far, and so sorry to hear about the other No's.

Sandsfoot, sorry to hear about your No. My DS also got the "performed well" comment, but didn't get a "strongly being considered for MA's", although in fact the MA is what we were really hoping for (didn't really ever, ever, expect a WL place!).

I am a bit taken aback in reading your post as I didn't know that they wrote that on some of the e-mails. I was consoling myself that we were still in the running for consideration for a MA place but now I guess I was wrong!

Does anyone else have any insight into this?

Did anyone get the 'strongly being considered for MA's' line this year? It seemed to be a standard reply to JA's last year. There was no mention of MA's in my e mail except to say when MA results will be out in very small font at the bottom of the page.

Also now wondering if I remembered tick the MA box what with all the faffing around with the electronic submission.

Sorry to those who have no's, I'm stil in shock my daughter got a yes and a little panicky even though I know it's likely to be no at the end of the day. Is there anyone else with a yes for year 8?

Hi balletqueen, I have a friend with a DD through to finals for year 8! Also 2 friends with DDs through for yr 9.

• Like 1

I had my audition today and I think it went well. I was auditioning for Year 10 but I sort of know I won't get a place. I auditioned for White Lodge, SA and Summer School. I doubt that I will get into White Lodge and even if I do I don't think My parents can afford it. If I get SA's I'm not going to take it as I already do Central Assosicates and I love it so much. The only thing I'm really hoping for is Summer School. But anyway I do it all for the wonderful experience of an audition and dancing at the RBS!

I am 14 years old and I have always dreamt of going to white lodge! I never auditioned because I felt my parents wouldn't encourage me. Now not auditioning is the biggest regret of my life. I've just missed the audition for year 10 now as well. Have any of u got any tips for living with this regret? I still love ballet!!!

Elllie, Sandsfoot, Invisiblecircus, Kat09, sarahw, irishballetmum, and all the others I forgot to mention, thank you very much for your support, your lovely words, your pm......they helped me a lot and some of your posts will inspire my DD.....thank you with all my heart.

• Like 4

Sozo, even if it is too late for you to audition for White Lodge you could still audition for upper schools when you are in year 11. You will need to speak to your parents and teacher(s) though if you are serious about pursuing a career in dance. More and more adults are enjoying ballet as recreational dancers these days and there are now several amateur (adult) ballet companies around as well as many ballet workshops (lasting between a day and a week) for enthusiastic adult dancers and so even if you don't become a professional dancer there are many opportunities to keep up your ballet after you leave school.

• Like 1

Oh dear Sozo! I don't think you have anything to regret yet. White lodge is a dream for hundreds possibly thousands of children and only approx 24 per year get the opportunity to go. The rest have to pursue their dream in another way - other vocational school, vocational school at 16(RBS or other ballet school - they also get into great ballet companies) or even 18 after A'levels (if your parents insist you do these first - not a bad idea).

I would say to you that you should define your dream - is it to go to White lodge or is it to be a professional ballet dancer? Given your age and the fact you have missed the last year of entry for White Lodge, this is not possible. BUT there is absolutely NOTHING stopping you pursuing a ballet career if you have the physique, desire and determination. Maybe you need to have a very good conversation with your parents so you can really understand each others point of view.

• Like 4

Hello Sozo and welcome to the Forum.

I think Aileen and Harwel have given you sound and positive advice.

As you have mentioned that you are only 14 could you please make sure that your parents are happy that you are contributing to the Forum?  I do hope you will continue to contribute and let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

Birmingham results are out.......it's a YES!!!!!!! Totally in shock and over the moon and feeling extremely proud of my daughter!!! Fingers crossed to those still waiting x

Great news Lema! The wait is finaly over! Well done to your DD!

Good luck to the others still waiting for the results

• Like 1

Thank you LinMM and swaybacksapphire. My dd was chuffed and went running back into school to tell her teacher her good news, was lovely to see actually as she is normally quite quiet and reserved and even when she got the yes to Elmhurst finals she just said "I'm happy but not going to get too excited as it could still end in a no" so to see her actually just enjoy the achievement for what it was was a very happy sight for me!! She was auditioning for year 7 Swaybacksapphire xx