RBS preliminary auditions

Zacharovitti

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Proudmum I would give them a call as there was a problem with my dd's email, I couldn't open it for ages it kept saying there was a problem with the downloading it from the servo, and then when I was trying to send the reply it kept failing....so maybe there is a bug in their system so is worth checking!! Fingers crossed for you xx

Hi everyone ,thank you so much for the great advice. Well done to everyone who has been successful in the auditions. Yes, it's fine with my parents for me to be contributing to the forum. But thanks for your concern!

Maybe it's not to late to reach my dream, I now understand that if I work hard one day it might come true! I will defiantly talk to my parents and audition for some form of upper school. My dance teacher at school suggests I audition for rambert dance school , so I could try this. My ballet teacher is also still very supportive and encouraging of me. Obviously, my dream of going to white lodge will never come true, but as you point out I am not the only one, hundreds of girls who are good at ballet will never have been able to go either.

I should consider myself lucky because I am slim, good at ballet and I have the best teachers possible!! At the end of the day I don't need to be at the Rbs to enjoy ballet and fulfil my dream of being a dancer!

Thanks so much guys, it has made me feel a lot better knowing that there are people out there who I can talk to and who love ballet like me!

• Like 6

Lema and Rubbishballetmum - thanks for your replies - I tried ringing but didn't get an answer so I have emailed- will ring again tomorrow. I have been regularly checking all my emails - including junk/spam. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!!

I auditioned on the 18th but at 1.15pm for the Mid Associates. Reading previous posts, the panel did constantly talk really loudly but I couldn't hear what they were saying as I was the other side of the room and the music was really loud. I remember us having to do jumps from the corner and me getting annoyed because they didn't look at me however I felt better when I saw them looking at me on the other side. The only time I heard them laugh was when they said they were about to say they couldn't see no 50 something but she wasn't there. And with the groupings on the barre, the girl next to me was a lot taller then me and she looked a lot older however she was AMAZING! I didn't see anybody else because I was so stressed! If you do know no 60 at the Sunday 18th audition she was brilliant! I'm sure everyone else was amazing too it's just that no 60 was the only one I saw because we were next to each other at the bar. Sorry for being a bore and bringing up old posts on this thread. Good luck with the results and remember the Royal Ballet School isn't the only way to become a ballet dancer!

• Like 2

Please keep going. I had a no for JAs, no for SS, reserve SAs, reserve SS and then the same year a yes for US! Craziness! And I can spout several similar stories for ex and current RB company dancers. It's the right teacher and timing sometimes and a hell of a lot of determination and self belief. And a very sound minded parent behind you which you all are. Windows shut, doors open, keep looking upwards ☺️

• Like 29

Very sorry to hear that swaybacksapphire but what a great attitude for your dd to have, and that will do her well in the long run as she won't beat herself up over things and will keep bouncing back, I'm sure she will reach her dreams xx

Lovely post balletqs xx

• Like 1