Summer Schools

Frangapani

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially as my friends DD will not know anybody. Have those people who've got places at YBSS got accommodation set up? My friend said she hadn't booked it(I think they stay at the Uni) and was wondering whether it would still be available....she thinks probably not.

Especially as my friends DD will not know anybody. Have those people who've got places at YBSS got accommodation set up? My friend said she hadn't booked it(I think they stay at the Uni) and was wondering whether it would still be available....she thinks probably not.

If dancers have indicated they need accommodation on the form, this is arranged for them at the uni campus onsite. They have a room to themselves (which was a bit scary for the younger ones to begin with but they had the most wonderful time). If no accommodation has been asked for they need to book quickly off campus as York is a popular destination.

• Like 1

Yes thanks Angel (about the accommodation ) I was a bit worried when she said she hadn't booked the accommodation......don't know whether you had to pay an extra deposit to do this...which would have played a part in decision probably..in middle of emails at mo....as well as DD she has an older son doing an acting course and auditions etc as well (in London at Central I think) must be a nightmare trying to organise all this from Sydney!! I think she will see if there is any Uni accommodation left first as would be a great social experience as well I think to be sharing with so many other ballet students!! I do have friends just outside Haworth etc but too far for a daily commute I think?

It may be quite easy to use the train to commute to York from the Haworth area - check the Huddersfield and Wakefield lines. Not sure whether Keighley would be the closest station to Haworth and what railway line it's on if so.

• Like 1

Thanks Legseleven and Janet. I will be up in Haworth at the end of June....just bought ticket and its Leeds then Keighley....so that must be the nearest station. They moved there from Bradford and though have been before that was by car from Sheffield so not that au fait yet with the trains up there. Anyway I'll do a bit of investigating then if my friend doesnt manage to get something in York or nearby in next few weeks.

• Like 1

Keighley is the nearest mainline station to Haworth but there is also a station at Haworth which is on the preserved Keighley and Worth Valley railway (The Railway Children was filmed on this line). Trains probably run throughout the summer holidays but possibly not a viable option for a commute! Although I am from the south and that is where I am currently based I spent 9 years in Leeds and this was one of our favourite outings. Actually was in Haworth on Sunday just gone which was the first time for 15 years!

• Like 2

Thanks Millie, I am aware of girls that got in last year for the first time but what I am trying to establish if from now on you stand no chance once you reach 14/16 as a UK  girl unless you have been before this age. They are making a big thing on the site now about their graduates and filling those places with younger children.

My dd has only done ybss once before, when she was 12. She is now 15 and training at uk vocational school and has been offered two weeks this year. These are the only two occasions we have applied to ybss.

• Like 2