Summer Schools

Frangapani

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jane and Janet for your posts!

I knew the tunnels were temporarily shutting and  had been weighing up train fare versus petrol costs your posts have made my mind up train it is.

The last time I motored to Elmhurst was a disaster so maybe its a wise decision   ;)

Hope to meet some of you there.

• Like 3

I take the train wherever possible then # 61 or #63 bus from outside Boots/ Debenhams at the bullring across from the station. The bus stops right across from the road it is the first bus stop after Priory Road.I push the bell to alert the driver when I see the green road sign for the BMI Priory Hospital to the right and Edgebaston cricket ground to he left.

• Like 3

So far so good at YBSS has greeted school friends like long lost buddies despite it being only a week since the end of term and met up with prior friends from JAs and EYB. It will be hard to top last week though as she said Ballet West was the best summer school ever. Will review them both in due course.

• Like 5

So far so good at YBSS has greeted school friends like long lost buddies despite it being only a week since the end of term and met up with prior friends from JAs and EYB. It will be hard to top last week though as she said Ballet West was the best summer school ever. Will review them both in due course.

Thanks celb, would be really interested to know about Ballet West, as dd looking to go there next year, couldn't this year as current dance school commitments clashed. But booked to go to Elmhurst end of Aug.

My dd and 9 others from dance school are on their way up to scotland for the dance sumner school in Edinburgh. 2nd week is Matthew Bourne repertoire so will report after! Hope everyone has fun ss season!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Report...in case anyone interested in going on the dance summer school in scotland, perth next year...DD had an amazing time. Full on from 9.15 to 10pm. Ballet, contemporary, jass, stretching, repertoire, point, two teachers came from Matthew Bourne company abd taught along with teachers from Bird, Laines and Ex Royal. Evenings included Mexican dance, traditional scottish, audition practice and swimming on site.

Well worth every penny!

• Like 4

My DD really enjoyed the Cecchetti SS at Tring. The ability was very mixed but I think their main focus was on loving dance, learning new things like Greek/Spanish/Pilates and meeting lots of new friends.  DD has made lots of new friends from Malta/Ireland/Spain and France.  :)

• Like 1